NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:45:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 97
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127239 times)
warandwar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: May 10, 2021, 09:28:24 AM »

I fully expect Adams to win. The only union thats going to be ride or die with Stringer is the UFT. Rest are going to Adams.

HTC (hotel workers, very very close w De Blasio) are spending buckets of cash to shore up Adams among Hispanic voters. Baffling to me that Morales has been leaving that constituency wide open but her campaign is run by morons.
Duke of York

« Reply #826 on: May 10, 2021, 10:34:43 AM »

I fully expect Adams to win. The only union thats going to be ride or die with Stringer is the UFT. Rest are going to Adams.

HTC (hotel workers, very very close w De Blasio) are spending buckets of cash to shore up Adams among Hispanic voters. Baffling to me that Morales has been leaving that constituency wide open but her campaign is run by morons.

I hope Adams wins. Yang doesn't have the experience to be mayor.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #827 on: May 10, 2021, 11:07:33 AM »

I hope Adams wins. Yang doesn't have the experience to be mayor.

This....Adams or Wiley would be good....I don't think they would get the Dinkins treatment, only on WABC radio, which is rightwing owned anyway.....

Adams is gaining because Black voters like him and Latino voters....a lot of Black voters don't like Yang because they don't know of him.....

I don't think the NYC PBA will make a mayoral endorsement, they would go after Adams even if he was a cop.......most of the Black NYPD officers that live in the city will probably vote for Adams or Yang.....

However, we don't know if the cop unions would get along with Adams....despite the fact that he probably knows them......his stop and frisk stance will alienate a lot of young voters....but he has disparaged young voters as "transplants".....older Black voters who like Biden will like Adams....older Black voters are the key in NYC as they are in places like central Brooklyn and southeast Queens..where a lot of middle class Black people live....they are likely to vote for Adams, Wiley or Stringer than Yang...

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #828 on: May 10, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »

MAJOR ENDORSEMENT

Welp, sorry Yang Sad
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #829 on: May 10, 2021, 01:12:52 PM »

Not surprising coming from that piece of trash
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #830 on: May 10, 2021, 02:54:59 PM »

Since when is the Post worthy of listening to?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #831 on: May 10, 2021, 06:23:39 PM »

The NYT’s endorsement for mayor is.... Kathryn Garcia.

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #832 on: May 10, 2021, 06:26:13 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2021, 02:48:58 PM by Zaybay »

The NYT’s endorsement for mayor is.... Kathryn Garcia.

The NYT endorsing a candidate with little/no chance of winning is starting to become rather cliche at this point.

Edit: I may have to eat my own words, and I really hope that I do.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #833 on: May 10, 2021, 06:27:33 PM »

Garcia is better than Yang, Adams, and McGuire, and is generally okay.

Cool. Still not gonna win.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #834 on: May 10, 2021, 06:28:15 PM »

It looks like Stringer's implosion has helped Adams, as he has gotten the brunt of union support Stringer lost.

Wiley has gotten little, probably dooming her campaign, and not getting the NYT endorsement has gotta hurt.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #835 on: May 10, 2021, 07:07:49 PM »

Who did the Times' elevator operator endorse?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #836 on: May 10, 2021, 07:46:18 PM »

Quote from: Opinion | Kathryn Garcia for N.Y.C. Mayor: The Times Endorsement
The tech entrepreneur and former presidential candidate Andrew Yang has led in many early polls, promising to make the city fun again, with an attractive optimism. But nothing so far suggests that he has the experience to run New York City on Day 1. (Credit or criticism where it is due: We did say when he sought our endorsement for the Democratic nominee for president that we hoped he would get involved with New York politics.)

I say this not in defense of Yang in any way, but rather to merely just sh*t on the Editorial Board instead (though it's not like that very popular activity was ever a hard thing to do to begin with), but I just find it absolutely hilarious that the Editorial Board literally urged & hoped for Yang to get involved in NYC politics as part of their endorsement piece from the presidential primary last year for the explicit & express purpose of developing some actual "experience in government," & then when he actually decided to do so by pursuing what's basically amounted to a brute force steamroll campaign to the nomination, they try & say "no, not like that! Besides, you don't have the experience in government that'd be necessary in order for you to gain some experience in government!" Like, sorry (not sorry) that y'all weren't careful with what you wished for! It's almost like there's a reason that that's a saying in the first place: your wish might just come true after all!!

Anyway, who knows? Perhaps this will actually turn out to be a major boon to her campaign in the end, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if there aren't a lot of people out there who are still willing to put a significant amount of faith in anything that the Editorial Board has to say on any matter of significance, & especially so on politics, given their evident missteps. Though all the same, I also wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out that the NYT's prestige hasn't actually diminished at all &/or in any meaningful way, especially among the audience that it's always been perpetually able to attract & retain.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #837 on: May 10, 2021, 07:51:40 PM »

I feel mildly confident that Yang will not be the nominee for mayor.

Sucks considering I endorsed him and he had so much potential. I wonder what’s next for him after two primary losses in a row.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #838 on: May 10, 2021, 07:59:58 PM »

It's premature to assume Yang is going to lose or even is no longer frontrunner. I'd rather wait until more polls come in.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #839 on: May 10, 2021, 08:00:56 PM »

It's premature to assume Yang is going to lose or even is no longer frontrunner. I'd rather wait until more polls come in.

True.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #840 on: May 10, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »

Didn't expect the Biden admin to treat this matter more delicately than Yang, but there you go.
No mention of Palestinian lives lost or the events at the Al-Aqsa mosque.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #841 on: May 10, 2021, 08:24:07 PM »

Yang is going to have the near unanimous block vote of Asians and Orthodox Jews (see Tweet above). Not sure a couple of newspaper endorsements are going to be able to stop him.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #842 on: May 10, 2021, 09:25:58 PM »

Yang is going to have the near unanimous block vote of Asians and Orthodox Jews (see Tweet above). Not sure a couple of newspaper endorsements are going to be able to stop him.
This is not clear at all re: Asians. Polling has not shown a unanimity. He has the support of major figures in the Fujianese and Taiwanese communities, and some backing in the Korean community as well. None of that in the Bangladeshi or Nepalese communities.
I agree with Bronz - Adams has a solid shot.

Scoop: Dianne Morales's campaign does not use VAN for some reason lol
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #843 on: May 10, 2021, 09:44:10 PM »

I should do some kind of coalition breakdown. But yeah, Yang is going to dominate with Orthodox Jews (specifically the Hasidim), and with East Asians
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #844 on: May 10, 2021, 09:50:40 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 11:06:15 PM by The Community of Xi Guay Ong »

This is not clear at all re: Asians. Polling has not shown a unanimity. He has the support of major figures in the Fujianese and Taiwanese communities, and some backing in the Korean community as well. None of that in the Bangladeshi or Nepalese communities.
I agree with Bronz - Adams has a solid shot.

Scoop: Dianne Morales's campaign does not use VAN for some reason lol

What about non-Chinatown Chinese, Filipinos, Indians, Vietnamese, etc? I doubt any of them vote nearly as much as a bloc as the communities you listed, but the impression I've gotten from other posters is that those groups are also leaning towards Yang due to being younger and more likely to be 1.5+ gen transplants. I really can't see Millennial transplants as a whole preferring Adams to Yang in a 2-way matchup.

I don't have any skin in the game, and I don't think Adams would be that bad either. But I generally prefer more socially liberal and culturally cosmopolitan candidates, and Adams reminds me of the things I didn't like about Biden.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #845 on: May 10, 2021, 09:58:51 PM »

May help him with the Jewish vote at the expense of the pro-Palestine leftist voters who probably wouldn't have voted for him anyways because he's "muh closet republican" and has gotten support from Trump voters (including the Naked Cowboy street performer might I add).
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #846 on: May 10, 2021, 10:17:39 PM »

The NY Post endorsing Adams, a moderate Black Democrat shows that the NYC GOP is a joke. Curtis Sliwa will probably win SI, and barely, probably....in November.....
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #847 on: May 10, 2021, 10:30:52 PM »

Yang is still dominating the polls, I expect him to win by a larger than expected margin.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #848 on: May 10, 2021, 10:37:43 PM »

#YangSupportsGenocide is trending after his latest tweet which uh

what
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #849 on: May 10, 2021, 10:45:48 PM »

Yang is still dominating the polls, I expect him to win by a larger than expected margin.

Not anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies