NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:41:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 97
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127111 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: July 06, 2021, 09:20:29 PM »

I warmed up to Adams. He is a chad. He's said some weird/offensive stuff in the past but I don't think it will affect his governance as much as some here think. Also, It's pretty cool that after 125 years a borough president from the best borough has been elected mayor for the first time.
De Blasio is from Brooklyn as well (Park Slope).

Also the Donovan Richards tweets about Liz Crowley are quite something if she really said that (I wouldn’t be shocked).

Yeah but Blaz wasn't borough president.

Uhh, I mean it is the Crowley family so, but I'd still like some clarification from all involved.
Babeuf

« Reply #2201 on: July 06, 2021, 09:22:42 PM »

I warmed up to Adams. He is a chad. He's said some weird/offensive stuff in the past but I don't think it will affect his governance as much as some here think. Also, It's pretty cool that after 125 years a borough president from the best borough has been elected mayor for the first time.

Also the Donovan Richards tweets about Liz Crowley are quite something if she really said that (I wouldn’t be shocked).

Uhh, I mean it is the Crowley family so, but I'd still like some clarification from all involved.
Ah sorry, somehow missed the borough president part, you're right!
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2202 on: July 06, 2021, 09:24:35 PM »

Ah sorry, somehow missed the borough president part, you're right!

No worries. As for Donovan Richards, I think he may have celebrated tonight with a Colt .45 and two Zig Zags. His twitter feed right now is something else!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2203 on: July 06, 2021, 10:38:18 PM »

Pissed Garcia didn't make it over 50%, and I am not going to rehabilitate Adams, who remains atrocious, corrupt, and egotistical.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2204 on: July 07, 2021, 12:22:33 AM »

With the caveat that it's obviously not over, gotta love New Yorkers' commitment to consistently electing a mayor they can easily complain about for however long.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2205 on: July 07, 2021, 07:22:44 AM »

Happy the candidates that Hillary Clinton and the NYT endorsed lost.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #2206 on: July 07, 2021, 08:18:21 AM »

Happy the candidates that Hillary Clinton and the NYT endorsed lost.

The candidate that Giuliani endorsed won…
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2207 on: July 07, 2021, 08:40:21 AM »

Ugh. I'd vote for Adams in the GE for sure, but I'm far from happy with this pick. Perhaps he can surprise us and actually solve crime issue at their root cause. I remain cautious though.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #2208 on: July 07, 2021, 10:46:12 AM »

Eric Adams, United States Secretary of Homeland Security, 2025-2029
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2209 on: July 07, 2021, 02:14:22 PM »

Well, Adams was neither my first nor second choice, but he certainly hit a nerve with his message on crime. Seems like after eight years of the more left leaning DeBlasio, New Yorkers want to return to the days of Bloomberg in a sense.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2210 on: July 07, 2021, 02:27:25 PM »

This primary election has been a testament to democracy.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #2211 on: July 07, 2021, 04:49:02 PM »

Looking at just the absentee votes it is true that Garcia did better than her election day vote but it also seems true that she got a smaller share of Yang and then Wiley second preference votes than election day votes which mostly canceled out most of her relative edge in absentee votes.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2212 on: July 07, 2021, 04:50:52 PM »

Electing a corrupt ex cop is so on brand for NYC.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2213 on: July 07, 2021, 05:20:30 PM »

Well, Adams was neither my first nor second choice, but he certainly hit a nerve with his message on crime. Seems like after eight years of the more left leaning DeBlasio, New Yorkers want to return to the days of Bloomberg in a sense.

Not really. Adams and De Blasio are longtime allies and Adams won a lot of De Blasio's strongest areas (not where the kind of people who get their opinions from NYT podcasts tend to live)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2214 on: July 07, 2021, 05:36:04 PM »

Not really. Adams and De Blasio are longtime allies and Adams won a lot of De Blasio's strongest areas (not where the kind of people who get their opinions from NYT podcasts tend to live)

Did they actually run IRV on subregions or you just mean he got a plurality of 1st choice votes?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2215 on: July 07, 2021, 06:00:03 PM »

Did they actually run IRV on subregions or you just mean he got a plurality of 1st choice votes?

Yeah I based that off the maps from the first round.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2216 on: July 07, 2021, 06:53:34 PM »

How do you expect Adams to govern? As I've indicated before, I know virtually nothing about him, and didn't even know of his existence prior to this primary.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2217 on: July 07, 2021, 07:12:43 PM »

How do you expect Adams to govern? As I've indicated before, I know virtually nothing about him, and didn't even know of his existence prior to this primary.

Not as badly as many here are postulating. He was hardly my first choice either (I supported Stringer originally but switched to Wiley.) I have a bit of a wait and see attitude.
SInNYC

« Reply #2218 on: July 08, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »

BDB essentially endorsed Adams, though he didnt make a formal endorsement. Adams voters saw what they wanted to see in Adams, and it wasnt really ideological. Blacks saw someone who fought dirty cops (which is somewhat true). The Hispanic vote split (no major candidate was Latino). Adams got crucial endorsements from orthodox rabbis. Adams also had backing from major establishment figures.  I thought he had the best ads too.

I would like to see polling data, but I suspect Bloomberg fans voted for Mcguire and Yang.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2219 on: July 08, 2021, 10:07:03 AM »

Looking at just the absentee votes it is true that Garcia did better than her election day vote but it also seems true that she got a smaller share of Yang and then Wiley second preference votes than election day votes which mostly canceled out most of her relative edge in absentee votes.

Looks like the Yang endorsement really sealed the deal for her getting as far as she did.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2220 on: July 08, 2021, 10:31:40 AM »

I wonder if Mayor Adams will dump Police Commissioner Shea, and pick someone who can seriously bridge the gap.....it doesn't even have to be a Black or Latino commissioner, because NYC has had Black commissioners like Benjamin Ward, who was Ed Koch's police chief and things did not change......

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2221 on: July 08, 2021, 10:40:02 AM »

I wonder what bronz/Suburbia's family thinks of Adams's victory.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2222 on: July 08, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »

BDB essentially endorsed Adams, though he didnt make a formal endorsement. Adams voters saw what they wanted to see in Adams, and it wasnt really ideological. Blacks saw someone who fought dirty cops (which is somewhat true). The Hispanic vote split (no major candidate was Latino). Adams got crucial endorsements from orthodox rabbis. Adams also had backing from major establishment figures.  I thought he had the best ads too.

I would like to see polling data, but I suspect Bloomberg fans voted for Mcguire and Yang.

Correct.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2223 on: July 08, 2021, 12:55:48 PM »

I wonder what bronz/Suburbia's family thinks of Adams's victory.

Some of them voted for him in NYC......
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2224 on: July 08, 2021, 01:44:48 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 97  
« previous next »