NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:31:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127534 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2021, 05:20:30 PM »

Well, Adams was neither my first nor second choice, but he certainly hit a nerve with his message on crime. Seems like after eight years of the more left leaning DeBlasio, New Yorkers want to return to the days of Bloomberg in a sense.

Not really. Adams and De Blasio are longtime allies and Adams won a lot of De Blasio's strongest areas (not where the kind of people who get their opinions from NYT podcasts tend to live)
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2021, 06:00:03 PM »

Well, Adams was neither my first nor second choice, but he certainly hit a nerve with his message on crime. Seems like after eight years of the more left leaning DeBlasio, New Yorkers want to return to the days of Bloomberg in a sense.

Not really. Adams and De Blasio are longtime allies and Adams won a lot of De Blasio's strongest areas (not where the kind of people who get their opinions from NYT podcasts tend to live)

Did they actually run IRV on subregions or you just mean he got a plurality of 1st choice votes?

Yeah I based that off the maps from the first round.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2021, 07:12:43 PM »

Did they actually run IRV on subregions or you just mean he got a plurality of 1st choice votes?

Yeah I based that off the maps from the first round.

How do you expect Adams to govern? As I've indicated before, I know virtually nothing about him, and didn't even know of his existence prior to this primary.

Not as badly as many here are postulating. He was hardly my first choice either (I supported Stringer originally but switched to Wiley.) I have a bit of a wait and see attitude.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »

BDB essentially endorsed Adams, though he didnt make a formal endorsement. Adams voters saw what they wanted to see in Adams, and it wasnt really ideological. Blacks saw someone who fought dirty cops (which is somewhat true). The Hispanic vote split (no major candidate was Latino). Adams got crucial endorsements from orthodox rabbis. Adams also had backing from major establishment figures.  I thought he had the best ads too.

I would like to see polling data, but I suspect Bloomberg fans voted for Mcguire and Yang.

Correct.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »

He’s going to be an awful mayor, maybe even worse than the current moron. RIP New York City.

LOL
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2021, 12:11:09 AM »

Dante De Blasio's vote:

https://nypost.com/2021/09/21/board-of-elections-snafu-reveals-dante-de-blasios-mayoral-election-votes/

No one is supposed to know whom Dante de Blasio, or anyone else, ranked No. 1 on their mayoral primary ballots — unless they announce it — but thanks to the bungling Board of Elections, that information has now been made public.

Mayor Bill de Blasio’s son was one of nearly 400 New Yorkers whose votes in the June Democratic primary were disclosed in publicly available data because he was the only person to cast a ballot in the election district that includes Gracie Mansion, according to a newly released report.

Dante ranked Maya Wiley first, followed by Eric Adams, Kathryn Garcia, Ray McGuire and Shaun Donovan, researchers discovered because of the Board of Elections’ privacy-protection failures.

Researchers from Princeton University and Stevens Institute of Technology documented 378 instances in which only one person in a precinct voted in the June 22 mayoral primary, meaning Board of Elections data showed precisely whom an individual voter ranked on their ballot.

Smart kid.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2021, 05:12:52 PM »

What will the Russians/Italians of south Brooklyn vote in this race

Sliwa. Adams is black and they don't like black people, also they don't like de Blasio and he and Adams are allies.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »

What will the Russians/Italians of south Brooklyn vote in this race

Sliwa. Adams is black and they don't like black people, also they don't like de Blasio and he and Adams are allies.

Just like how Adams will do well with the Afro-Americans/Caribbean of Brooklyn and Queens, they don't like white people, and Sliwa reminds them of Giuliani.

It may be racially polarizing at the end but Adams wins by 40 points, probably, and probably loses Staten Island by 3 points

Your white genocide both sides are racist schtick is getting really old.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies