If/when depolarization happens, what will it look like? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:56:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If/when depolarization happens, what will it look like? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If/when depolarization happens, what will it look like?  (Read 3838 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 09, 2020, 07:14:05 AM »
« edited: September 09, 2020, 07:18:19 AM by DC Al Fine »

I don't think you'll get a "socially liberal" Republican; you will get a socially tolerant Republican.  John Kasich is a social conservative through and through ... yet he has tons of issues with Trump's rhetoric (on the record, anyway).  Any "GOP Clinton" will likely be a reaction to Democratic control for an extended period of time, as the Democratic Party exerts its power to enact progressive legislation.  Such a GOP nominee would hold together culturally and socially conservative voters, economic conservatives and regain several moderate areas, most likely in the suburbs.

Everyone stereotypes middle- and upper-middle class voters who have fled the GOP as "socially liberal," but they're not from my experience.  They like stability.  In the right climate, that is as socially conservative as it is socially liberal ... Trump is just giving "social conservatism" a very demagogic and unsavory face, bordering on reactionary appeal.

It's been four years and Atlas still doesn't get that fiscon-soclib barely exists outside the internet.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »

Yeah, I know. I was just following up on RINO Tom's point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies