Your Future Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:00:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Your Future Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your Future Convention  (Read 352 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2020, 11:51:40 PM »

If you became the nominee of a major party in the future, where would you like to have your convention and what would be the themes?

For me, I would actually choose a small town and a football stadium, probably a college one.  I would have several televised events from different places in the area like the Olympics do.  The theme of my convention would be "Expanding Freedom" - I would be a LGBTQ Democrat accepting the nomination, and I would emphasize personal freedom and a generous and compassionate vision for the government.  I really like the roll call of states with representatives in the different states.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 01:34:40 AM »

I would accept the nomination in my home state, likely Atlantic City - this was also where the 1964 Democratic Convention was held.

The theme of my convention would be "Fixing America", I'd focus on improving existing institutions - making sure that social security remains solvent; massive student debt relief; expand our anti-discrimination laws to protect GSRM individuals; expanding welfare and other social services to make sure that the people most in need get the benefits that they desperately need; reforming our criminal justice system to reduce recidivism and help inmates re-enter society; and finally, repairing our national reputation abroad with our allies, and preparing our State Department for the inevitable Cold War with China.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 03:50:10 AM »

I would like it to be in Duluth, Green Bay, Albany or Schenectady.
Or even better, outside of the United States of America.

No journalists allowed. Few and very select speakers.

I would focus on:
-negotiating an exit from NATO with the prospect of transforming it into a European Alliance;
-highlighting how hevay industry is still an important part of the economy and must be tutelated;
-highlighting the effects of institutional racism in Indigenuous communities;
-promoting a shift towards a civil law legal system;
-tax breaks to Big Tech if and only if they move to West Virginia and totally renovate it;
-a permanent emergency fund to be used only in case of hurricanes and tornadoes and Dust Bowls;
-a plan to get a free universal health care system;
-and a free unicorn for all.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 10:32:15 AM »

If it was MY convention? Lancaster, PA easily. The convention center could easily house a convention and it would be a great way to benefit the economy there. There's such a great mixing of cultures throughout the city and the county and honestly? Some of the best food I've ever had has been in Lancaster.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies