Republican Party's Embrace of QAnon Will Outlast Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 03:09:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican Party's Embrace of QAnon Will Outlast Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republican Party's Embrace of QAnon Will Outlast Trump  (Read 1524 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2020, 04:32:45 AM »

Of course it will. The GOP’s entire platform/narrative has been based on conspiracy theories since the 1960s with the John Birch society. The newspaper in my conservative hometown even printed this in the opinion section:

#BOTHSIDES
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2020, 04:38:38 AM »

Of course it will. The GOP’s entire platform/narrative has been based on conspiracy theories since the 1960s with the John Birch society. The newspaper in my conservative hometown even printed this in the opinion section:

That's like saying you shouldn't trust Stalin on human rights, so you should trust Hitler on human rights.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2020, 11:38:59 AM »

After W, everyone thought it can't get worse with the GOP. The same was thought once the Tea Party surfaced. Now we believe Mr. Trump has hit the bottom. We might be proven wrong a couple of years from now. They always find a way to surprise us, but not for the good.

I think though there is a certain point beyond which independents, GOP leaning suburbanites, and some Obama/Trump voters will absolutely not follow. And a significant chunk of the party embracing a conspiracy theory about a deep state stocked with Satan worshiping pedophiles is very much likely to be that point. This is why I believe the embrace of QAnon means permament minority status for the GOP, for as long as that embrace continues.

This sounds familiar. Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. When one of these pathogens successfully migrates from the media ecosystem to the hive mind, the electoral consequences are typically negligible. Outside of a Republican primary, that is. ~90% of the voters don't know, ~45% of them don't care. And you can win a lot of elections with ~45%. So here's my prediction: long before the GOP is relegated to perennial minority status, there will be at least one (sympathetic) Congressional inquiry into the claims of QAnon.     
Flyersfan232

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2020, 05:28:29 AM »

Trump may have little idea who QAnon really are, but the same cannot be said for Republican Party apparatchiks:

The Republican Embrace of QAnon Goes Far Beyond Trump

Now do russia
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2020, 08:28:15 AM »

Trump may have little idea who QAnon really are, but the same cannot be said for Republican Party apparatchiks:

The Republican Embrace of QAnon Goes Far Beyond Trump

Now do russia
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=389476.0
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies