NPC Elections - Commentary Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:34:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Commentary Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Commentary Thread  (Read 4882 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »

If the “good speaker from NJ” gets triggered by good legislation that’s his own problem.
And lowering the drinking age is the most pressing political issue of our time? It's clearly a non-issue and a blatantly transparent baiting attempt by the DA.
I don't know why this theory of yours has gained traction in your head, but its ridiculous. Its a bill that S019 clearly doesn't like. You are allowed to write legislation that S019 doesn't like. Sorry.
You are allowed to write bills S019 doesn't like - hell, we do it in Labor all the time. But it's bad faith to write a bill S019 doesn't like for the sole purpose of annoying him. That's not called serving the people of Lincoln, it's called passing reform with little impact as an excuse to piss off someone you don't like. Anyone with half a brain cell can see that.
But there is no evidence of that, because it isn't true. So its a moot point.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »

If the “good speaker from NJ” gets triggered by good legislation that’s his own problem.
And lowering the drinking age is the most pressing political issue of our time? It's clearly a non-issue and a blatantly transparent baiting attempt by the DA.
It isn't about lowering the drinking age, what about the open container laws that you know are in the bill.
So alcohol citations are why Ahmaud Arbery and so many others are victims of police brutality. Got it.
No, but open container laws are a excuse for police officers to search and question young people of color, and minority groups are more likely to get ticketed then whites.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »

I don't know why this theory of yours has gained traction in your head, but its ridiculous. Its a bill that S019 clearly doesn't like. You are allowed to write legislation that S019 doesn't like. Sorry.
You are allowed to write bills S019 doesn't like - hell, we do it in Labor all the time. But it's bad faith to write a bill S019 doesn't like for the sole purpose of annoying him. That's not called serving the people of Lincoln, it's called passing reform with little impact as an excuse to piss off someone you don't like. Anyone with half a brain cell can see that.

> S019's archaic views on moral issues are well known, as is the antagonism between you two

> Upon entering Council, you sponsor a bill that would clearly anger him and/or make him say things that could be used against Labor.

It's simple logic. And you know it.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »

> S019's archaic views on moral issues are well known, as is the antagonism between you two

> Upon entering Council, you sponsor a bill that would clearly anger him and/or make him say things that could be used against Labor.

Correlation is not causation. I did not sponsor the bill because S019 doesn't like it. I sponsored because I like it and I believe that it would be a good thing for it to pass. You're making this up because DA bad. Please stop lying to everyone. This is a waste of time, so I'm not responding to this anymore.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 04:02:35 PM »

If I could show it something against him, I would do a quote from his town hall when we was Suburban New Jersey Conservative or something.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2020, 04:04:15 PM »

There was no confusion on the final version of the CoD bill and it isn't unworkable, it is just different from the federal "suggestions" that you gave. We had to act quickly because it is August, school is starting, and there were no guidelines in place. If the federal government doesn't take supeceeding action, it is certainly something we will look to amend/modify as we learn information from the GM team. I've tried to work with you on this from the very beginning, but it seems I am now expendable to attack because of my party affiliation. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, you're welcome to continue the squabbling with the rest of the DA over this ad, it is something I was not involved in. I only responded in the first place because you called me out directly.

I literally went over how it is unworkable. The federal standards are already being enforced for clarification, but the EO will just add further legal weight in case anyone wants to take the administration to court for protecting Atlasian kids.

I thought there was some collective decision to let education to the regions. It's not really for the federal level to decide how many students are in a class, to decide to close high school and things like that.

Maybe the president wants to make rules because the blame could get put back unfairly to the President for political gains but maybe act only if a region doesn't want to tackle the issue at all or is inactive but as a last resort. Regions first.

In North American federations, federal governments don't manage schools.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2020, 04:06:41 PM »

Correlation is not causation. I did not sponsor the bill because S019 doesn't like it. I sponsored because I like it and I believe that it would be a good thing for it to pass. You're making this up because DA bad. Please stop lying to everyone. This is a waste of time, so I'm not responding to this anymore.
Coming from the founder of a party that essentially boils down to "Labor bad", this means nothing. I'll change my tune when the DA actually starts backing meaningful legislation instead of baiting Labor members on non-issues.
It isn't about lowering the drinking age, what about the open container laws that you know are in the bill.
So alcohol citations are why Ahmaud Arbery and so many others are victims of police brutality. Got it.
No, but open container laws are a excuse for police officers to search and question young people of color, and minority groups are more likely to get ticketed then whites.
So we should get rid of all laws then, because police officers can discriminate against minorities on the basis of a wide range of laws. Good to know.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2020, 04:10:50 PM »

Coming from the founder of a party that essentially boils down to "Labor bad", this means nothing. I'll change my tune when the DA actually starts backing meaningful legislation instead of baiting Labor members on non-issues.
So we should get rid of all laws then, because police officers can discriminate against minorities on the basis of a wide range of laws. Good to know.
Ninja literally wrote the Lincoln Covid Protections law in Lincoln. What are you talking about?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2020, 05:10:38 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2020, 05:19:32 AM by thumb21 »

I wanted to point a couple of things out now that we have our first GM update since the alert system was introduced. I've already made clear how I think that any party accusing another of wanting to 'unleash' covid is a disgusting attack, this isn't a partisan issue and frankly if people are actually as serious about campaign ethics as they claim they are, that ad should have been taken down days ago. But I also think that the attacks are completely wrong on the substance and the GM update gives us some numbers to work with.

The only state or territory which is below both quantitative thresholds for alert level 1 (.5% or less of tests coming back positive, 1% or less hospital capacity used by covid patients) and would therefore have loosened restrictions and social distancing guidelines is Atlasian Samoa, with Hawaii, Guam, Mariana Islands, Delaware, Maine and Vermont close to reseaching to alert level 1 if favourable trends in those states continue and if they meet some of the less easily measurable criteria such as no community transmission.

Presumably, we need to have a threshold where it is safe to loosen restrictions and the thresholds that the President set out seem to me like the most reasonable plan to do that. I haven't seen a compelling reason why this plan is dangerous or even where the people talking about how dangerous this plan is would prefer to set the thresholds for loosening restrictions. I think that how to deal with this difficult problem should be discussed in a constructive way, rather than through campaign ads.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2020, 05:19:27 AM »

I wanted to point a couple of things out now that we have our first GM update since the alert system was introduced. I've already made clear how I think that any party accusing another of wanting to 'unleash' covid is a disgusting attack, this isn't a partisan issue and frankly if people are actually as serious about campaign ethics as they claim they are, that ad should have been taken down days ago. But I also think that the attacks are completely wrong on the substance and the GM update gives us some numbers to work with to make the case.

The only state or territory which is below both quantitative thresholds for alert level 1 (.5% or less of tests coming back positive, 1% or less hospital capacity used by covid patients) and would therefore have loosened restrictions and social distancing guidelines is Atlasian Samoa, with Hawaii, Guam, Mariana Islands, Delaware, Maine and Vermont close to reseaching to alert level 1 if favourable trends in those states continue and if they meet some of the less easily measurable criteria such as no community transmission.

Presumably, we need to have a threshold where it is safe to loosen restrictions and the thresholds that the President set out seem to me like the most reasonable plan to do that. I haven't seen a compelling reason why this plan is dangerous or even where the people talking about how dangerous this plan is would prefer to set the thresholds for loosening restrictions.

Which lives are you willing to risk dying to re-open schools and the economy? Please, point them out.

The ad sent the message home and you are pointing out the very inaction of the government to address COVID hotspots, thereby allowing COVID to continue to spread.

Atlasia needs leadership, not platitudes.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 05:21:10 AM »

Just as a note, this is not me speaking in moderator capacity as in game controversy should be settled in game not outsourced to mods.

That being said, I agree with Thumb in part. We should not be weaponizing covid as a political attack, in my speech in Miami, which I am sure everyone read (Tongue), I talked about the importance of working with the President to address the ongoing crisis. Now I have a better relationship with Pericles then most anyone else not in Labor so perhaps it is easier for me to say that and I can understand why people aren't fond of the President.

Now I do think it is valid to criticize specific responses to a particular issue including covid and offer up alternative solutions but there is a vast difference between that and saying that someone is unleashing covid upon the people.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2020, 05:24:49 AM »

The DA's Southern delegate voted for looser social distancing than the federal standards, which is why the administration has to step in and enforce our tough, safe standards over the regional ones.
Call me by my name. You know this is a bogus attack, Pericles. I initially authored a version that was even stricter than your guidelines (which you also criticized) but those were shot down by Labor AND Federalist delegates. As I've stated before, I only voted for the final version because I believed we needed to give the schools some sort of guidelines since it wasn't clear how enforceable your statement was - this was better than nothing at all, no restrictions.

We spoke on this three days ago where I privately reached out to you and expressed my displeasure with the Chamber taking a looser approach. I also encouraged you to take federal action via Executive Order to give teeth to your previous statement, which I haven't seen yet. You have ability to step in and do something here, you should do that instead of trying to attack me.

I have a partner who works in education so I may have some helpful insight. I'm not sure the cause of the dispute but I'm happy to volunteer some on the ground knowledge to all regions of government and ensure that we can operate safely and provide our young with the education they deserve. The beauty of representative democracy is collaboration, as I trust all parties have the best intentions.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2020, 05:26:13 AM »

The ad had the intended effect. People are still talking about it and it's brought the issue of Atlasia's COVID response to the forefront.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 05:28:32 AM »

Atlasia's response to COVID has been quite a good one. We are doing fine. If anything the only aspect where we are doing bad is in taking too long to implement a mask mandate but that is it. (I imagine a mask mandate is already in place at many stores even if it is not mandatory)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2020, 05:28:59 AM »

The ad had the intended effect. People are still talking about it and it's brought the issue of Atlasia's COVID response to the forefront.
I haven't even seen the ad, to be honest, but criticism of the President's guidelines are unsubstantiated. How that may have trickled down is a different story and I'm willing to work to resolve it but we have been very lucky to have been able to stifle the worst possibilities of this crisis and only by working together can we strengthen our response. As far as I'm concerned, it's all hands on deck. It's not a partisan issue.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2020, 05:30:17 AM »

I wanted to point a couple of things out now that we have our first GM update since the alert system was introduced. I've already made clear how I think that any party accusing another of wanting to 'unleash' covid is a disgusting attack, this isn't a partisan issue and frankly if people are actually as serious about campaign ethics as they claim they are, that ad should have been taken down days ago. But I also think that the attacks are completely wrong on the substance and the GM update gives us some numbers to work with to make the case.

Presumably, we need to have a threshold where it is safe to loosen restrictions and the thresholds that the President set out seem to me like the most reasonable plan to do that. I haven't seen a compelling reason why this plan is dangerous or even where the people talking about how dangerous this plan is would prefer to set the thresholds for loosening restrictions.

Which lives are you willing to risk dying to re-open schools and the economy? Please, point them out.

The ad sent the message home and you are pointing out the very inaction of the government to address COVID hotspots, thereby allowing COVID to continue to spread.

Atlasia needs leadership, not platitudes.

What is the actual policy that you are proposing? Presumably there is a point at which schools should be re-opened, should that happen at 0.25% of tests positive? 0.5% of hospital capacity used by covid patients, 0.1%? If you have an issue with the policy, thats fair, I just want to hear where you would set the threshold at which you want to start re-opening.

This isn't an easy issue to solve for anyone and I wish you'd recognise that.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2020, 05:32:47 AM »

Atlasia's response to COVID has been quite a good one. We are doing fine. If anything the only aspect where we are doing bad is in taking too long to implement a mask mandate but that is it. (I imagine a mask mandate is already in place at many stores even if it is not mandatory)

Perhaps it might be best while we sort through legalities to reach out to the Governors and try to get something done in the regions. They are less encumbered to address and enforce that and could actually move quicker depending on the situation and level of support then we can.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2020, 06:13:25 AM »

The latest map doesn't seem like we're anywhere close to "doing fine". Better than real life, yes, yet I wouldn't call it "doing fine".
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2020, 11:20:34 AM »

Speech in Ponce, Puerto Rico alongside the Federalist candidate for Governor

Hello people of Ponce! I'm proud to be here because communities here have recovered well from the hurricanes we faced back in 2017 while the Federalist Party was at the helm nationally with the White House, the People's House of Representatives, and full control of the Southern regional government. This is due to legislation passed such as the Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017, the Natural Disaster Relief Fund Act, the Hurricane Florence Relief Act, and last but not least, the Harvey Aid Relief Act, which was the first piece of legislation I have ever written back in 2017. These examples are real proof that our principles involve caring about all Atlasians, especially Puerto Ricans through acting on policy. A Federalist government in Puerto Rico will move past Labor's offensive and condescending smear tactics which won't work because we know that we have a real responsible alternative option to choose from. The Federalist Party is also the party of the family. We know that this state especially cares deeply for Catholic values, as they are the backbone of the Federalist base. This is why a Federalist government will be sure to do as much as we can to limit the cruel practice of abortion from happening here on this island. We also believe in people helping out those in need in our communities by fighting hunger and homelessness with a focus on making them hands up rather than permanent handouts. Labor depends on having a permanent underclass so they can make empty promises to the most desperate. Our policies will lead to much stronger economic growth and prosperity here which will accomplish much more for all walks of life. This makes it evident that Federalist Values are much more rooted in the values of Puerto Rico rather than the Portland Values of Labor, Greens, or even Democratic Alliance. Thank you very much and please don't forget to vote for your Federalist candidates for the state legislature and governor!
Lol "Portland Values"

Tbh I'm not even sure how many people in Puerto Rico know that much about a medium-sized city 2,500 miles away but ok
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2020, 11:25:30 AM »

Hello people of Ponce! I'm proud to be here because communities here have recovered well from the hurricanes we faced back in 2017 while the Federalist Party was at the helm nationally with the White House, the People's House of Representatives, and full control of the Southern regional government. This is due to legislation passed such as the Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017, the Natural Disaster Relief Fund Act, the Hurricane Florence Relief Act, and last but not least, the Harvey Aid Relief Act, which was the first piece of legislation I have ever written back in 2017. These examples are real proof that our principles involve caring about all Atlasians, especially Puerto Ricans through acting on policy. A Federalist government in Puerto Rico will move past Labor's offensive and condescending smear tactics which won't work because we know that we have a real responsible alternative option to choose from. The Federalist Party is also the party of the family. We know that this state especially cares deeply for Catholic values, as they are the backbone of the Federalist base. This is why a Federalist government will be sure to do as much as we can to limit the cruel practice of abortion from happening here on this island. We also believe in people helping out those in need in our communities by fighting hunger and homelessness with a focus on making them hands up rather than permanent handouts. Labor depends on having a permanent underclass so they can make empty promises to the most desperate. Our policies will lead to much stronger economic growth and prosperity here which will accomplish much more for all walks of life. This makes it evident that Federalist Values are much more rooted in the values of Puerto Rico rather than the Portland Values of Labor, Greens, or even Democratic Alliance. Thank you very much and please don't forget to vote for your Federalist candidates for the state legislature and governor!
Lol "Portland Values"

Tbh I'm not even sure how many people in Puerto Rico know that much about a medium-sized city 2,500 miles away but ok
I mean it is the city where the Labor Governor of the South is from, and it's been in the news plenty lately, so it's a pretty solid attack line imo.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2020, 11:34:19 AM »

Lol "Portland Values"

I mean it is the city where the Labor Governor of the South is from, and it's been in the news plenty lately, so it's a pretty solid attack line imo.
Okay, I guess? I'm not sure if in-game MB's 'officially' from Portland, but I'm not familiar with exactly how residency works in this game.

My point stands though.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2020, 11:35:21 AM »

Lol "Portland Values"

Okay, I guess? I'm not sure if in-game MB's 'officially' from Portland, but I'm not familiar with exactly how residency works in this game.

My point stands though.

He was registered in Oregon before.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2020, 11:36:27 AM »

Lol "Portland Values"

My point stands though.

MB was a MP of Fremont in 2017.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2020, 11:41:33 AM »

Lol "Portland Values"

My point stands though.

He was registered in Oregon before.
I'm aware.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »

Worth noting that Portland, ME is avtually closer to PR than Portland, OR.

R2D2 and myself are registered in Maine in-game. Maybe those were the "Portland values" Puerto Ricans will think about lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies