Michigan 2000

(1/2) > >>

Plankton5165:
ABC and NBC had it as too close to call, but around 8:01, they gave it to Gore.

Chips:
Gore won by 5. It would've been hard to see how Bush could've closed the gap.

President Punxsutawney Phil:
Quote from: Chips on May 17, 2021, 10:55:32 PM

Gore won by 5. It would've been hard to see how Bush could've closed the gap.

Rs winning MI in 2000 would have been hard unless it was popular R incumbent winnin re-elex with 300+ EVs. The state's fundamentals were more Dem than now.

Jamison5:
Quote from: Plankton5165 on August 19, 2020, 10:49:02 AM

It was so crazy how they called states for Democrats so hastily back then. FL before polls closed, MI at poll closing. PA after like 40 minutes. New Mexico they called for Gore extremely early. They had to temporarily retract the call of the WA Senate election. I think they also called Georgia and New Hampshire for Bill Clinton at poll closing when they were among the absolute closest states in 1992. They also temporarily retracted the call of ME-02 for Bill Clinton when it turned out that Perot was a very close 2nd in the district. Oh and Dukakis won Illinois, right? Did they ever make a call for the Republican that they retracted other than FL for Bush?

OSR stands with Israel:
Quote from: Jamison5 on May 17, 2021, 11:54:55 PM

Quote from: Plankton5165 on August 19, 2020, 10:49:02 AM

It was so crazy how they called states for Democrats so hastily back then. FL before polls closed, MI at poll closing. PA after like 40 minutes. New Mexico they called for Gore extremely early. They had to temporarily retract the call of the WA Senate election. I think they also called Georgia and New Hampshire for Bill Clinton at poll closing when they were among the absolute closest states in 1992. They also temporarily retracted the call of ME-02 for Bill Clinton when it turned out that Perot was a very close 2nd in the district. Oh and Dukakis won Illinois, right? Did they ever make a call for the Republican that they retracted other than FL for Bush?

Yah ABC in 1980 called Maryland for Reagan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page