Geography test: "Guess the Country Shape." Take it and post your score. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:41:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Geography test: "Guess the Country Shape." Take it and post your score. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Geography test: "Guess the Country Shape." Take it and post your score.  (Read 889 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: August 18, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »

Quiz is bugged. It didn't accept my spelling for Niger.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:43:30 AM »

<I call you nerds out of love (and mockery), not hate (and mockery).  There is nothing wrong with being a nerd about something.  Maybe being a nerd about maps isn't as useful as being a nerd about, say, minor home repairs, but it's every bit as useful as being a nerd about basketball or math or cars or shoes>

I'm pretty sure being a math nerd is both practical and lucrative.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 01:18:29 PM »

<I call you nerds out of love (and mockery), not hate (and mockery).  There is nothing wrong with being a nerd about something.  Maybe being a nerd about maps isn't as useful as being a nerd about, say, minor home repairs, but it's every bit as useful as being a nerd about basketball or math or cars or shoes>

I'm pretty sure being a math nerd is both practical and lucrative.

Being one myself, I can confirm it is neither.

Maybe you need to get a job.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »

Nerds!

I'm good with maps and I only got 61 on Dule's link.  Africa is hard (and I like to think I know the African countries pretty well) but I did get Togo and Benin (and the obvious ones) somehow, the island countries that aren't big/important ones are impossible.  The Balkans and Baltics were hard too (only got Estonia and Croatia).  Who the hell knows what Latvia looks like when it's not on a map?  You nerds do, that's who.  The former USSR -stans I still can't figure out (even on a blank map), are there any tricks to learning them?

For the USSR:
Kazakhstan is the largest one by far. Turkmenistan is closest to Turkey. Uzbekistan has very straight lines on their western border. Kyrgyzstan has a lake in the middle of it, and Tajikistan is the smallest one in the Southeast. Does that help at all?

"largest" and "closest to Turkey" have nothing to do with shape.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies