Weird 538 maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:36:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Weird 538 maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird 538 maps  (Read 11444 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: August 17, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »

This was one from a few days ago
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 02:03:25 PM »

Wait; how'd you get the state %?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 11:40:57 AM »

I know it's not 538, but I thought this was kinda funny. Ds get blown out but Durbin still manages to hold on lol
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 08:46:32 PM »

Why does OR always seem to be red in all the weird maps? These off maps seem to be Biden winning a random collection of safe R south eastern states, losing OR, and having a weird performance in the South West
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 11:49:01 AM »

I know it's not 538, but I thought this was kinda funny. Ds get blown out but Durbin still manages to hold on lol

Where did you find this?? I gotta go there and run a crap-ton of simulations lol

Lol it's my simulator. Check it out here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtVtTR6So6YciitHA5lVNDVQhCck?e=Nu6ifA
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 01:39:53 PM »

Where did you find this?? I gotta go there and run a crap-ton of simulations lol

Lol it's my simulator. Check it out here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtVtTR6So6YciitHA5lVNDVQhCck?e=Nu6ifA

I put the link into my browser and it said that "Sorry, we can't open your workbook in Excel Online because it exceeds the 5 MB file size limit." What's going on?

Ah, first of you'll need excel. You'll want to open the link in Edge where it'll direct you to Excel
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »

I put the link into my browser and it said that "Sorry, we can't open your workbook in Excel Online because it exceeds the 5 MB file size limit." What's going on?

Ah, first of you'll need excel. You'll want to open the link in Edge where it'll direct you to Excel

I opened it in Edge and the same thing happened. Is there a way to open it directly in Excel?

Hmm, when I open it in Edge it brings up a menu thing after a few seconds asking if I want to open it in the desktop app. Check to make sure you are currently logged into an office account and have the full version of Excel
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »

I opened it in Edge and the same thing happened. Is there a way to open it directly in Excel?

Hmm, when I open it in Edge it brings up a menu thing after a few seconds asking if I want to open it in the desktop app. Check to make sure you are currently logged into an office account and have the full version of Excel

I sent you a PM, but the short version is that I logged into Office on edge and on excel, with the same account, and still got the same fail message Sad

Check your email, I think I sent you a link to the file. Let me know if that works. It may be in your junk folder or smtg.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 09:00:23 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 09:48:32 PM »

I get that there'll be more Biden win maps than Trump win maps,  simply because they show more Biden win maps,  but it seems strange that there don't seem to be many crazy Trump win maps - something like Trump winning Illinois and losing Indiana, or winning New Jersey and losing Ohio.

Especially since it seems likely there would be more fishy stuff going on with ballots in a Trump-slide.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 03:39:18 PM »

There was one this morning with a fairly comfortable Biden win but with Oregon (of course), Colorado, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont (!) voting for Trump.

White voters shifted heavily towards Trump
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 11:23:43 AM »

I got this in my senate simulator (Hint, look at RI)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 06:49:07 PM »

Biden wins the NPV by 14% and Democrats get terribly unlucky in the senate (yes, that's a red NC, ME, IA, KS, SC, TX, AK and MT, all of which the GOP win by less than 1%). I would be so pissed if this actually happened
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 06:50:59 AM »

You know? Of the weirder 538 maps, this is probably one of the more plausible (yet still incredibly unbelievably implausible) examples.  

This seems like a map where pretty much every anti-Trump vote goes to Biden.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 07:43:05 PM »

Somehow Biden wins the PV by 1.2%, and Trump wins in an EC landslide of 351 EVs and Rs win 55 senate seats. This would suck. The senate map is really funky too.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 08:39:23 AM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 08:46:31 AM »

What simulator is this? And what's going on in Florida? Did Marco Rubio switch parties?

Mine! FL is a placeholder for GA(S)

Try it out here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtVtTR6So6YcjyFBFeXyNb-ERt-x?e=saGe7a
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »

What simulator is this? And what's going on in Florida? Did Marco Rubio switch parties?

Says that the file is too big to open in Excel Online.

You have to open the link in Edge where you will be redirected to Excel. Chrome and other browsers tend to not work.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 11:08:42 AM »

You have to open the link in Edge where you will be redirected to Excel. Chrome and other browsers tend to not work.

Also it doesn’t work on Mac even with Edge

Oof, sorry about that. I use windows so I'm not exactly sure how it works on Mac, you could try in other browsers or maybe there's a way to open the link in Excel itself.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »

Also it doesn’t work on Mac even with Edge

Oof, sorry about that. I use windows so I'm not exactly sure how it works on Mac, you could try in other browsers or maybe there's a way to open the link in Excel itself.

No worries. I have one of your older versions that I can get to work. It's pretty fun to create custom matchups with polling, etc. and run this. Thanks for doing this and sharing.

Thanks for the kind words!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies