Are angels living creatures
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:15:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are angels living creatures
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are angels living creatures  (Read 503 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2021, 08:02:09 PM »

Exactly what are angels. The Bible presents them as beings outside our comprehension, but is that all there is?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:52:12 AM »

Exactly what are angels. The Bible presents them as beings outside our comprehension, but is that all there is?
Muslims believe they don’t have free will.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 08:45:26 AM »

I believe this is true in Christianity as well, leading to this very question.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 09:25:42 AM »

Some weird dude in the middle east had a wet dream about a pasty white female, and thus the fictitious concept of 'angels' was born. 
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 09:30:41 AM »

There is a lot of information on the different ideas about them.
For examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel#Christianity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_angels

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/angel
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 04:54:56 PM »

Yes, I understand that the wiki articles exist, but Atlas is a place most notable for having a mixture of people with experiences in a church setting and knowledge from varying interpretations among Christianity and Abrahamic faiths. I would like to hear their voices instead and get the chance of asking questions to get to the root of this.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 05:06:50 PM »

Then how did Iblis defy Allah's command for the angels to prostrate themselves before Adam?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 07:25:36 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2021, 07:29:06 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

The Resurrection is a belief, it's not historical even Jesus may not be historical, but the belief that someone passed that is your guardian angel is shared by many and I have been watched by my guardian angel

The angel that appeared on Jesus tomb is a belief

Jews bones were buried elsewhere that are called asherrary boxes.  We don't know exactly if Jesus had one, because they didn't have last names back then

Joseph bones brother of Jesus whom was stoned to death bones were definitely found

Jesus is also considered the chief angel since he Resurrected, Satan is considered one too since his creating havoc on Earth but he is here and now

Either Satan or Jesus called be called the Angel of Death or the Grim Reaper
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 08:08:18 PM »

I know it's hard to believe that Jesus could be a mortal man but it's part of history that Jews back then buried their dead in boxes after the flesh decays

The bones of Jesus brother was discovered in a box and Mary Magdalene

We must examine why there isn't really a Rapture but it can reincarnation
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 08:46:00 AM »

The Resurrection is a belief, it's not historical even Jesus may not be historical, but the belief that someone passed that is your guardian angel is shared by many and I have been watched by my guardian angel

Jews bones were buried elsewhere that are called asherrary boxes.  We don't know exactly if Jesus had one, because they didn't have last names back then

Joseph bones brother of Jesus whom was stoned to death bones were definitely found

Jesus is also considered the chief angel since he Resurrected, Satan is considered one too since his creating havoc on Earth but he is here and now

I can accept a non divine Jesus but the idea of a resurrection is ridiculous and never happened.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2021, 11:44:15 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2021, 12:45:40 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

I can accept a non divine Jesus but the idea of a resurrection is ridiculous and never happened.

James Son of Joseph and Mary Magdalene, they didn't have last names were found in bone boxes anyways look it up on You tube.

But all the Prophets Mohammed, Buddha, Moses and Jesus were Portals to Heavens and Jesus said he manifest God, by using his powers as miracles, Resurrection, Reincarnation and Rapture are all in the Astral plane anyways when we die or go to sleep

I was a Buddhist and Jesus studied with Buddha and they were High Priests along with Moses and Mohommad. That what the Priests or Monks told me to think about all the prophets, they are mortals each and everyone even Jesus, but they are HIGH PRIEST TO THEIR RELIGION.

That want you to make your life better by Eradicated sin or Karma

When I think of Resurrection I think the Astral plane anyways, not Heaven or Hell but Purgatory or Underworld that we will one day meet our love ones

When the Trojans met defeat at the hands of Greeks in the Trojan Horse, they said they will be apart for now but will live together with dead ones in the next life

Muslims praise Mohommad as Allah and Mohommad died, Buddhist praises Buddha and he died and Jews praise Moses and he died.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2021, 01:06:45 AM »

Final pt, is that they had thousands of those Ossurary boxes, they buried the Dead in caves, the Jews, and a yr later they buried them is Ossurary shoe boxes, that's where the missing bones of Jesus went in an Ossurary shoe box.

Some of them are authentic but some are phony, it's written on them James Son of Joseph brother of Jesus, but you can believe Scripture if you don't want to believe this, but there are thousands of Ossurary boxes
The Puppeteer
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »

If you ask me, angels though technically alive are basically other worldly beings with incredible power that maintain order and balance in our reality with it being best in most cases that you never see one.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2021, 09:15:50 AM »

If you ask me, angels though technically alive are basically other worldly beings with incredible power that maintain order and balance in our reality with it being best in most cases that you never see one.
That would make them gods/goddesses.
The Puppeteer
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2021, 10:40:21 AM »

That would make them gods/goddesses.

There is a hierarchy. Gods and goddesses are basically the ones in charge of everything. Angels are more are more like foot soldiers.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2021, 01:59:35 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2021, 02:08:39 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Do you guys really think there are Angels in sleep paralysis we hallucinate because we are in between Earth plane and the Astral plane of demons, angels and even aliens

As Buddha once said Heaven and He'll are a state of mind, not just part of the Astral turf

We are between Heaven, Earth, Hell and Heaven is Buddhahood
As in my previous statements, Jesus perfected Buddha by showing bodies for each state of mind, but there aren't any angels

If there were Arch angel would have sounded his horn already and we would have been called home in a spiritual Rapture. Every Milineienial, the Churches come together and say there is gonna be a Rapture because John in Revelation said GOD would put the devil in a sulfer of fire in hell for 1000 yrs as we know we missed 1000 and yr 2000

But, it's a belief, and doesn't mean it can't happen eventually

If there are guardian angel, your loved one that previously died can watch over you in bad times
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2021, 04:43:28 PM »

Anyway, one of the generally accepted attributes of living creatures is they have some means of begetting more of their kind.  As a general rule that is not an ability attributed to angels.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 06:00:14 AM »

Do they have organs???
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 02:03:57 AM »

I am not saying Jesus resurrected or not but put it in perspective he was a High Priests just like Mohommad, Moses, and Buddha whom all had mortality and you can have put faces on Heaven, Hell, angels or Buddhahood which all mean the same thing karma or sin that must be Eradicated thru constant repentance

James was the blood relative of Jesus son of Joseph, he was in the same Ossurary tomb of Jesus family and Mary Magdalene, they didn't have last names back then
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies