If Trump is re-elected, who are most likely 2024 Democratic and Republican Nominees? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Trump is re-elected, who are most likely 2024 Democratic and Republican Nominees? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Trump is re-elected, who are most likely 2024 Democratic and Republican Nominees?  (Read 985 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« on: August 16, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »

Warren vs Pence sounds the most likely. 

I think its inevitable that the Democratic nominee would be well to the left of both Clinton and Biden after eight years of Trump having emboldened the progressive wing.  Warren seems like the natural beneficiary due to her national profile and having already ran before.  AOC is really the one other progressive that I can see getting anywhere but I don't think she'll run as early as 2024.

As already mentioned, Harris would have to face down history in terms of failed VP candidates coming back to win their party's nomination. Though there is the question of whether or not Warren would have a problem connecting with the black community so maybe that would be her ace in the hole?

Pence being the GOP nominee is obvious for a number of reasons. Unless Trump has a sharp uptick in popularity before then, I would imagine guys like Cotton and Hawley wait until 2028.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies