Trump might pardon Edward Snowden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:17:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump might pardon Edward Snowden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump might pardon Edward Snowden  (Read 2432 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 16, 2020, 10:05:22 AM »

There is always a Tweet:

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 09:25:52 AM »

I don't think Snowden should be pardoned. While the material he leaked revealed a serious of wrongdoings with US and allied intelligence pratices, this kind of approach is the wrong one. The answer to overreach in the Intel community is more and better congressional oversight rather than leaking classified information. If latter is generally legitimized, I see several problems going forward. We're speaking of classified information here, that could very well put the lives of our men and women in uniform in jeopardy and aide enemies of the free world. How can any single employee of the Intel community make a thorough decision about what items to publish? I don't want these single individuals, who often are of lower ranks and were not elected to anything, make decisions about what information is being leaked or not.

Snowden should instead of getting a "pardon & chapter closed" return to the US and get a fair trial before a federal court, in which he can present his case while Justice Dept does the opposite. In case a jury finds him guilty, she should face some punishment, though I believe decades in prison is a bit too harsh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies