Epic Games at war with Apple, Google over Fortnite (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:15:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Epic Games at war with Apple, Google over Fortnite (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Epic Games at war with Apple, Google over Fortnite  (Read 218 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 14, 2020, 04:18:07 AM »

I'm aware of this, but this wasn't the first time the issue has come up. It's just the first time a large enough entity has tried to stand up against the monopolistic/duopolistic practices that Apple and Google (I think others like Netflix and Spotify came to some other form of arrangement). The greed from these companies is really astounding when you think about, especially Apple (and I say that as someone that has bought into the iOS ecosystem even since the iPhone 4).

I can understand both sides of this to a certain extent (but much less Apple's and Google's), but a mandatory 30% fee is practically extortionist. This will work its way through the courts, as some issues already are. I'm hoping the results will be that Apple and Google are at least knocked down a few pegs.
this is pretty much where I'm at too.  Certainly Google/Apple should be compensated for selling sh**t on their pervasive platforms, but 30%?  sheesh.  Some light Googling (doh!) tells me 30% is the industry standard (it's what Steam charges too), but that seems crazy high to me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies