UAE recognizes Israel, countries normalize relations 🇦🇪🇮🇱 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:25:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UAE recognizes Israel, countries normalize relations 🇦🇪🇮🇱 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UAE recognizes Israel, countries normalize relations 🇦🇪🇮🇱  (Read 3392 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: August 15, 2020, 01:00:54 AM »
« edited: August 15, 2020, 01:05:07 AM by Velasco »

The Gulf states, in viewing Iran as a far bigger enemy, are finally putting aside their differences and aligning together with Israel. It’s just a matter of time before the remainder do so as well among Arab monarchies.

Feudal monarchies allying with the apartheid state against a theocracy, sidelining a stateless people stabbed in the back and used as a pretext once again. That's the Middle East, you know
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 05:15:55 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2020, 05:49:52 AM by Velasco »

The Gulf states, in viewing Iran as a far bigger enemy, are finally putting aside their differences and aligning together with Israel. It’s just a matter of time before the remainder do so as well among Arab monarchies.

Feudal monarchies allying with the apartheid state against a theocracy, sidelining a stateless people stabbed in the back and used as a pretext once again. That's the Middle East, you know

I don't think you can fairly describe the Gulf States as feudal, given that land has so little value there. They're petrodespotisms.

The lands containing oil fields are very valuable, much more than the agricultural lands of the Jordan Valley where settlers employ cheap Palestinian labourers in a relation that resembles the South Africa's apartheid. I'd say Saudi Arabia is a medieval country in many respects, but you can call that monarchy as you wish. Israel has annexed the Palestinian lands already. The "Abraham Accord" is pure hypocrisy
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 09:56:03 AM »

This jaymichaud has shown himself as an intolerant racist before. Obviously he knows little about my opinion of the treatment to foreign labourers in Southern Spain. Apparently his mission in this forum is supporting the Israeli apartheid and nothing more. The hypocrisy of some 'libertarians' can reach as high levels as the hypocrisy of some self-styled progressives turning a blind eye to the abuses of Israel. I get where is the historical root of Israel's impunity, the overwhelming sense of guilt in some western countries after the WW II, but anyway
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 02:46:34 PM »

<keep in mind, I'm a supporter of Israel's right to exist>

Why does Bibi/the state of Israel have veto rights over who we sell sh**t to?  That seems like a bad idea.

Bibi is a Republican Party (US) politician. Good friends with Trump and Kushner, too.

dead0man poses the right question, but that's not the correct answer (at least it's not a complete answer). Bibi has fooled Democrat presidents, too. In all likelihood Obama disliked Bibi very much, but in the end he did absolutely nothing to stop him. The reason why Bibi has veto power on issues like that is more related to the nature of the 'special friendship' between Israel and the USA. That special relationship is also one of the main reasons why Israel enjoys impunity, despite the constant breaches of international law and human rights abuses. I think Bibi is a despicable corrupt criminal, but he is also a skilled politician eho knows how to play his cards. Trump is clay in the hands of evil masterminds like Vladimir Putin or Bibi Netanyahu
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies