Opinion of the British political parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:27:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the British political parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the British political parties
Conservative: FF

Conservative: HP

Labour: FF

Labour: HP

Lib Dem: FF

Lib Dem: HP

Green: FF

Green: HP

SNP: FF

SNP: HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opinion of the British political parties  (Read 1052 times)
DaWN
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2020, 06:59:39 AM »

For once, Atlas is right
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2020, 07:03:03 AM »

You muſt be extremely hopeleſs if you believe "the only one I could support in anything but the most extreme circumstances" to be an "ineffectual, incompetent, naive and shockingly stupid" party.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »

Except for Lib Dem which barely escapes the dance, all parties are disapproved.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2020, 11:04:59 AM »

One longs for the era of Disraeli and Gladstone.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2020, 11:25:37 AM »

His political instincts may have been bad. But this man deserved to be Prime Minister. Anyone who says differently has fallen for right-wing slander.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2020, 12:07:25 AM »

Lib Dems are the only good one.

Blair Labour was great but under Corbyn they became massive HPs, far worse than the Tories.  Unclear what their future is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 12:11:35 AM »

None are great. Voted FF for Labour though because they've gotten way better since ousting Corbyn. HP for the rest.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2020, 12:15:14 AM »

All HPs right now. The Liberal Democrats are the most mediocre, but proved enough times that they're in the HP territory. The Greens aren't great on the antisemitism issue, and support dumb stuff like banning circumcision. I oppose seperatism, so I oppose the SNP too. The Tories are obvious, as a leftie.
Labour is the most interesting case- I think that they're moving in a very, very, very good direction under Keir Starmer. But still, the party was investigated for antisemitism and was one of the worst places for Jews in the UK until not a very long time ago. So still HP until they prove themselves.

Justified criticism of Israel isn't anti-Semitism.

Do you believe that this image is merely "justified criticism of Israel"?

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2020, 12:26:01 AM »

Starmer is great though Labour as a whole still has problems. The others all suck and when Labour was led by Corbyn they all were awful.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2020, 05:17:23 AM »

Why do people on Atlas hate Corbyn so much??

Sure, maybe he and his surrogates were antisemitic and that was bad, but he was strong on most other issues (other than Brexit). He was quite good on the NHS and other economic issues.

I suppose I can see why moderates would dislike him but I've personally never had a bad opinion of him. He is probably the best "far left wing populist" in Europe. I will certainly take Corbyn over Iglesias, Melenchon or Tsipras.

And like I always say, what lost Corbyn the 2019 election was not antisemitism (at least not directly, but the aura of incompetence derived from that did hurt Labour).

Do people seriously think that the Labour Brexiteers in Northeast England that lost Corbyn the election voted for the Tories because of antisemitism? Lmao
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2020, 06:03:30 AM »

Sure, maybe he and his surrogates were antisemitic and that was bad, but he was strong on most other issues (other than Brexit). He was quite good on the NHS and other economic issues.

I suppose I can see why moderates would dislike him but I've personally never had a bad opinion of him. He is probably the best "far left wing populist" in Europe. I will certainly take Corbyn over Iglesias, Melenchon or Tsipras.

And like I always say, what lost Corbyn the 2019 election was not antisemitism (at least not directly, but the aura of incompetence derived from that did hurt Labour).

Do people seriously think that the Labour Brexiteers in Northeast England that lost Corbyn the election voted for the Tories because of antisemitism? Lmao

Man, you answered your own question.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2020, 07:18:49 AM »

I don't understand the Corbyn hate neither. If anything, he was a bright spot of an otherwise very corrupt party.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2020, 12:46:26 PM »

Starker is a joke.

False Anti-Semitic accusations have become the right-wing's favorite tool to deflect any criticism of Israel while bringing down people they see as dangerous to their economic interests. Shame you're disseminating the memes here, but unsurprising. And I'll keep informing people about the real story behind the falsehoods as long as I keep seeing them posted.

Multiple Labor Party politicians dealt in anti-Semitism very casually. While Corbyn largely avoided direct or strong anti-Semitism himself, his casual reaction to it - and several times his “nuanced” defense of those guilty of anti-Semitism - showed shocking insensitivity about a pretty important issue. The denial of all accusations of anti-Semitism by many leftists is pretty amazing from people who pride themselves on having a moral high ground.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2020, 01:20:06 PM »

Red Tories were the Whigs and Liberal Dems and called the Teddy Roosevelt Bull Moose party and Labor took over for AA.

Dixiecrats like the Conservatives were the states rights, Patriot party, against amnesty from immigrants
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2020, 02:54:38 PM »

I'd have said FF at the start of the year for the Tories, but now they're neutral. I like Starmer on a personal level but I would simply not FF a social democratic party, so HP. The rest are simply HPs.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2020, 04:47:28 PM »

Starker is a joke.

False Anti-Semitic accusations have become the right-wing's favorite tool to deflect any criticism of Israel while bringing down people they see as dangerous to their economic interests. Shame you're disseminating the memes here, but unsurprising. And I'll keep informing people about the real story behind the falsehoods as long as I keep seeing them posted.

Multiple Labor Party politicians dealt in anti-Semitism very casually. While Corbyn largely avoided direct or strong anti-Semitism himself, his casual reaction to it - and several times his “nuanced” defense of those guilty of anti-Semitism - showed shocking insensitivity about a pretty important issue. The denial of all accusations of anti-Semitism by many leftists is pretty amazing from people who pride themselves on having a moral high ground.

I have heard this and understand what you're saying, but have yet to see convincing evidence. And I've seen all the top 10 lists the British right wing tabloids put out to supposedly prove it.

Believe me, if this was a real anti-Semitic movement, I would know and be thoroughly turned off. What I saw was a hatchet job by unrepentant bigots like Bret Stephens to elevate a homophobic, racist, misogynist clown like Bojo to PM. And it served in turn as a chilling effect on the growing movement for Palestinian liberation in Britain from the early 2010s.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »

I don't understand the Corbyn hate neither. If anything, he was a bright spot of an otherwise very corrupt party.

The party under him turned into something of a Trump GOP-lite, with bullying and harassment of those not deemed loyal enough and constant ridiculous purity tests.

I agree that antisemitism was not as important as Brexit in losing the election.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2020, 06:09:53 PM »

His political instincts may have been bad. But this man deserved to be Prime Minister. Anyone who says differently has fallen for right-wing slander.

That is a ridiculous and misguided statement. It is entirely legitimate to have valid concerns against Corbyn. This post is an unfair attempt at gaslighting millions.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »

That is a ridiculous and misguided statement. It is entirely legitimate to have valid concerns against Corbyn. This post is an unfair attempt at gaslighting millions.

Sorry, was not my intention. Just trying to contrast with the absolutism found elsewhere in the thread.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2020, 03:58:44 AM »

The question is how would a relatively baggage free member of the Labour hard left have done in the 2015-2019 period. Jon Trickett, for example.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »

If someone and his surrogates are antisemitic, they can be perfect on everything else and still be completely 100% vile. You can make "sure X is bad but the rest is good" statements on a myriad of topics and issues, but never on bigotry and racism.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies