North Carolina man arrested in shooting death of 5-year-old boy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:19:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina man arrested in shooting death of 5-year-old boy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: North Carolina man arrested in shooting death of 5-year-old boy  (Read 2376 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »

It's surprising how much attention this story is getting in Trumpist social media circles, as if there is some kind of racially biased liberal coverup.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2020, 06:30:09 PM »

The victim's family and the shooter our next door neighbors who reportedly share dinner together on occasions. I don't know what anyone is talking about regarding the quick release on bail, as the shooter is quite rightly being held without bond.

Ten-to-one the dude was high as a kite on drugs when he did this. Nothing else to see here oh, other than some people masturbating over black on white crime to attempt proving some random ideological point.

There's a thread about the NYTimes writing a story about a tweet that wasn't true, and yet a black-on-white, execution-style killing of a five-year old doesn't merit any thought?  I've scanned dozens of posts on twitter of people where black individuals are celebrating or justifying the murder, and found multiple discussions where black people arguing back-and-forth over it.  In this environment of great racial tension where white people on the national stage are bombarded with hatred and accused of racism for even the slightest transgression, I don't think a racial-motivation is such a stretch even if the guy was on drugs.  All of us know this would at the very least receive national publication if the roles were reversed.  

https://nationalfile.com/leftists-celebrate-murder-of-5-year-old-white-boy-shot-in-head-by-neighbor/

" execution-style murder".

Dude, just start dropping the n-bomb and screaming war on whites. You're not being subtle about this.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2020, 07:42:24 PM »

The victim's family and the shooter our next door neighbors who reportedly share dinner together on occasions. I don't know what anyone is talking about regarding the quick release on bail, as the shooter is quite rightly being held without bond.

Ten-to-one the dude was high as a kite on drugs when he did this. Nothing else to see here oh, other than some people masturbating over black on white crime to attempt proving some random ideological point.

There's a thread about the NYTimes writing a story about a tweet that wasn't true, and yet a black-on-white, execution-style killing of a five-year old doesn't merit any thought?  I've scanned dozens of posts on twitter of people where black individuals are celebrating or justifying the murder, and found multiple discussions where black people arguing back-and-forth over it.  In this environment of great racial tension where white people on the national stage are bombarded with hatred and accused of racism for even the slightest transgression, I don't think a racial-motivation is such a stretch even if the guy was on drugs.  All of us know this would at the very least receive national publication if the roles were reversed.  

https://nationalfile.com/leftists-celebrate-murder-of-5-year-old-white-boy-shot-in-head-by-neighbor/

Dude, just start dropping the n-bomb and screaming war on whites. You're not being subtle about this.

Defending child murder to own the cons. Classic badger.
Hollywood
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2020, 07:55:28 PM »

Stories about black assailants and white victims don't make the national news because the authorities usually prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and the story has no legs. A lot of the BLM cases were not prosecuted and often had no charges and it took a groundswell of online activism to get national attention long before the MSM picked up the story. That is the obvious difference for anybody who doesn't understand.

Uh no.  There are plenty of tragic stories of racial and political violence that have been completely ignored by the media in deference to stories that fit the BLM narrative.  CNN covers this stupid story about a BLM mural being vandalized, but can’t take 10 minutes out of their day to cover all the Hispanic and African American businesses that have been damaged by the protests.  There were two stories about looters who ran over people with their car, and then backed up for good measure.  If you could get me a MAGA hat white guy doing the same thing, well we’d call that a ratings bonanza here at CNN that we’ll be sure to incite some clashes between protests and the police. 

And newsflash.  There are white people that are killed by police officers who are never arrested, and there’s a bunch of white libertarians on Youtube documenting those situations.   The whole idea that “black lives” are being snuffed out at a rate greater than white people in similar circumstances is absurd.  Black people are over-represented in police shootings, because they are within the median household income of $52,000, in addition to being, a generous, 50% of murder offenders identified.  The ratio of black as part of the population has nothing to do with it. It’s a goddamn blessing that only 235 African Americans were shot in 2020.  In the last 72 hours of gun violence, I can remember only a few people of a different race. These are very significant factors for a cop of any race.  Oh look another 4 shootings in Chicago within the last hour.     

Check out this gem from CNN.  Armed white men try to break into the home, and the crux of the story is that the son thought he might be a threat to them. 
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/13/us/dameon-shepard-mom-north-carolina/index.html

Hollywood
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »

I don't have to scream war on whites, the leader of the Toronto chapter has got it covered. 
https://newsradiowrva.radio.com/blogs/jeff-katz/blm-leader-calls-white-people-subhuman-genetic-defects

Just another silly post that wants to ignore growing racism.  Blame everyone else. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »

WTF are you even talking about? I pointed out that this horrific crime which has exactly zero evidence of being race-based, the bastard who did it was almost surely High out of his gourd, and is quite rightly being held without bond.

What I objected to is vaguely veiled racists like Hollywood and the rest of your ilk trying to do exactly that. Using this tragedy to make some non-existent point about blacks supposedly being happy when white children are murdered, or something about blacks being the chief cause of violence or something. You know, the usual racist crap

Seriously. Literacy. It's your friend. Try to embrace it.

In the meantime, feel free to extend an apology for such a cowardly and thoroughly  undeserved vicious personal attack once you develop either an ounce of guts, or any semblance of a moral compass Beyond owning the libs.

Good day, sir!
Hollywood
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2020, 08:17:27 PM »

WTF are you even talking about? I pointed out that this horrific crime which has exactly zero evidence of being race-based, the bastard who did it was almost surely High out of his gourd, and is quite rightly being held without bond.

What I objected to is vaguely veiled racists like Hollywood and the rest of your ilk trying to do exactly that. Using this tragedy to make some non-existent point about blacks supposedly being happy when white children are murdered, or something about blacks being the chief cause of violence or something. You know, the usual racist crap

In the meantime, feel free to extend an apology for such a cowardly and thoroughly  undeserved vicious personal attack once you develop either an ounce of guts, or any semblance of a moral compass Beyond owning the libs.

Good day, sir!

Maybe he was high reefer. Dumb.  I don't buy it as an excuse for walking out of your house and shooting a kid in the head. 
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2020, 08:23:09 PM »

Good day, sir!

“How dare you politicize a tragedy”, right?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »

Good day, sir!

Exactly. My. Entire. Point.

Literacy apparently is not your friend after all.

I said good day sir!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 10:05:24 PM »

Horrible crime. I fail to see the political significance.

Agree.
I'm trying to understand why someone like Sirwoodbury would even create a thread on this. Surely it's not because he cares about the horrible death of this child.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »

Exactly. My. Entire. Point.

Literacy apparently is not your friend after all.

I said good day sir!

I didn't see you call out the second post in this thread. You aren't one to engage in hypocrisy now, are you?
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2020, 05:32:11 PM »

Rest in peace Cannon.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2020, 05:37:25 PM »

Disgusting but not surprising. Black nationalists are just as dangerous a threat as white nationalists.  Sadly, racism against whites is ok because of things our great grandparents did over a hundred years ago. Funny how that works.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »

This might be a racially motivated event that’s so heinously f-cked up that I’m just going to assume it was driven instead by mental illness. If he actually executed a five year old for political/racial resentment reasons, I’m going to be even more disturbed by current events.
walleye26

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2020, 10:25:08 PM »

So today my entire social media was covered in “Justice for Cannon” and everything about “Floyd gets a funeral but this murder is being COVERED UP” and it’s making me go crazy. Anyone else feel the same?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2020, 10:48:53 PM »

This might be a racially motivated event that’s so heinously f-cked up that I’m just going to assume it was driven instead by mental illness. If he actually executed a five year old for political/racial resentment reasons, I’m going to be even more disturbed by current events.
Well, yeah. If that’s the case, it’s probably too late to do anything about it but the guy was obviously on drugs and crazy.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2020, 01:00:27 AM »

Sounds like you need to unfriend/unfollow several deplorables on your social media.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2020, 01:16:25 AM »

If your entire social media is covered by things that make you go crazy maybe you follow the wrong people?

(basically what the previous poster said except more kindly)
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2020, 02:27:45 AM »

If the races were reversed, there would be riots.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2020, 02:47:11 AM »

Was the killer arrested? Yes
Will he at the very least locked away for the rest of his life? Yes

I don't see where the issue is here?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2020, 02:54:08 AM »

There were no riots after Ahmaud Arbery was killed.

There were no riots after Trayvon Martin was killed.

Riots tend to happen after police killings of Black men. That is because police officers were, until very recently protected from prosecution and conviction, and their actions are presumed to represent the will of the State, and by extension, the People. Riots represent a protest against the legitimacy of the enforcers of law and order.

This person is just an evil criminal who will no doubt get whats coming to him.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2020, 06:58:45 AM »

I’m so sick of hearing people use this to claim that white people are now oppressed. White people are one ofthe most oppressive majorities in human history, white people decide who in America gets to even have rights, much less how many. The fact is that this was not a racially-motivated crime, it was a random, senseless act of violence. The difference here is that this guy is going to prison for life.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2020, 07:15:14 AM »

Using the murder of a 5 year old to diminish the death of anyone but especially black folks who are being killed by the police is low, even by right wing standards. It’s good that Cannon’s killer was arrested and I hope he gets life in prison, but the right wing death cult that is sustained by stories like these all needs to go far away.

I’ve even seen people peddling QAnon bullsht off the back of this.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2020, 07:38:27 AM »

A killing of a black child (or any black person, for that matter) becomes a National News story.  A killing of a white person (even a child) is only mentioned by FOX News, and mostly on its commentary.  Just exactly why is this?  That IS a fair question.

The answer is that the MSM (and, to be fair, FOX News, Talk Radio, and other outlets) aren't about facts; they're about creating and driving narratives, both for their ideological agendas and for ratings.  The MSM is vested in the narrative that we are a nation where black folks live in danger of being massacred by police for no reason, and by stealth racist whites who are secret Klansmen.  That blacks in America commit violent crimes at a rate higher than any other demographic (a rate that goes up significantly when applied to young black males) is undisputed, yet the MSM never mentions it and attempts to drown out anyone who states this, but it is true.  It is an uncomfortable fact, and a fact that should be uncomfortable, but it is a fact.  And it's a narrative-destroying fact; indeed, in the wrong hands, it produces a counter-narrative that blows to bits the BLM/Antifa narratives of today.   

This problem doesn't get solved because it seems that people are not allowed to speak of this fact as a fact.  Perhaps if we actually did so, not through narrative-driven political journalism, but through sober and rational policy discussion where each side actually listens to the other, some kind of real solutions can be brought about.  I don't wish this problem to be hashed out on partisan news outlets, but I do think that if the bias in academia could be ratcheted down, that would be a place to start.

Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2020, 07:51:45 AM »

A killing of a black child (or any black person, for that matter) becomes a National News story.  A killing of a white person (even a child) is only mentioned by FOX News, and mostly on its commentary.  Just exactly why is this?  That IS a fair question.

The answer is that the MSM (and, to be fair, FOX News, Talk Radio, and other outlets) aren't about facts; they're about creating and driving narratives, both for their ideological agendas and for ratings.  The MSM is vested in the narrative that we are a nation where black folks live in danger of being massacred by police for no reason, and by stealth racist whites who are secret Klansmen.  That blacks in America commit violent crimes at a rate higher than any other demographic (a rate that goes up significantly when applied to young black males) is undisputed, yet the MSM never mentions it and attempts to drown out anyone who states this, but it is true.  It is an uncomfortable fact, and a fact that should be uncomfortable, but it is a fact.  And it's a narrative-destroying fact; indeed, in the wrong hands, it produces a counter-narrative that blows to bits the BLM/Antifa narratives of today.   

This problem doesn't get solved because it seems that people are not allowed to speak of this fact as a fact.  Perhaps if we actually did so, not through narrative-driven political journalism, but through sober and rational policy discussion where each side actually listens to the other, some kind of real solutions can be brought about.  I don't wish this problem to be hashed out on partisan news outlets, but I do think that if the bias in academia could be ratcheted down, that would be a place to start.

It is not the act itself of a white person killing a black person which provokes such outrage. It is the authorities’ reaction.

Compare this to the Ahmaud Arbery case. The crimes are fairly similar - an innocent person killed in a shockingly violent and unprovoked manner.

In this case the suspect, who seems to a mentally ill individual, was swiftly detained and charged. In the Ahmaud Arbery case, the two suspects, who were “respectable” members of the community with links to local law enforcement, were only charged after weeks due to national outrage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies