Biden picks Harris as running mate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:08:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden picks Harris as running mate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
Author Topic: Biden picks Harris as running mate  (Read 12755 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 13, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »

I doubt it will actually matter in this election - Biden is at the top and he's against an unhinged demented moron President Nero, but I would not be surprised if Pence defeats Harris at the VP debates. He's a much more capable debater than Harris, who makes irrelevant attacks and has a surprising record of bigotry against people of faith. Harris can only really beat him if she turns it into a surrogate Presidential debate, although she will probably try to do that. The only reason Pence should feel nervous against a lower-tier debater like Harris is that he's under the lowest tier Trump.

Harris is going to wipe the floor with Pence at the debate.   This is coming from someone who isn't a Harris fan too.

Wtf does Pence have to run on?   The administration has been a trainwreck all year.   Also Harris is a fantastic debater, being a prosecutor and all.

I'm overall pleased with the Harris selection (even if she wasn't my first choice), but I think a lot of people are underestimating Pence in the debate.  Look at the VP debate in 2016.  He swatted away everything Tim Kaine threw at him, and defended even the most indefensible Trump statements/positions through a combination of outright lies and calm.  He stands a good chance at the VP debate because he is willing to say incredible lies without any shame whatsoever.  These will be fact checked later but perhaps not in the moment.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #476 on: August 13, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »

I'm overall pleased with the Harris selection (even if she wasn't my first choice), but I think a lot of people are underestimating Pence in the debate.  Look at the VP debate in 2016.  He swatted away everything Tim Kaine threw at him, and defended even the most indefensible Trump statements/positions through a combination of outright lies and calm.  He stands a good chance at the VP debate because he is willing to say incredible lies without any shame whatsoever.  These will be fact checked later but perhaps not in the moment.

Conversely, Kaine had a terrible strategy for that whole debate (force Pence to agree with Trump), and I doubt Kamala will make the same mistake. She has a record to hit him on now.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #477 on: August 13, 2020, 01:54:59 PM »

Conversely, Kaine had a terrible strategy for that whole debate (force Pence to agree with Trump), and I doubt Kamala will make the same mistake. She has a record to hit him on now.

Sure, but I think some of us are underestimating how much Pence will lie about said record.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »

Current PredictIt Odds:
Biden 59%
Trump 43%

A week ago:
Biden 58%
Trump 43%

It seems like the VP announcement/rollout has had no impact on Biden's chances.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »

Current PredictIt Odds:
Biden 59%
Trump 43%

A week ago:
Biden 58%
Trump 43%

It seems like the VP announcement/rollout has had no impact on Biden's chances.

58+43 = 101
59+43= 102

With such margins, who cares about the person picked as running mate
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »

Listening to Kamala Harris is ‘harrisment’ for my ears.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2020, 04:30:31 PM »

I didn't think Californians had an accent until I  heard her
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »

I don't think the polls currently will reflect any potential movement from the VP selection.  I think the VP selection is similar to the debates.  The media coverage over the few days following the selection/debates is just as influential to voters as the event itself.  Hopefully we get some high-quality polls in a few days.  You'd have to think that the big guns (Fox News, Siena, etc.) will be releasing polls on or before Sunday so that they can capture "bump" polls after the conventions.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2020, 04:43:24 PM »

She doesn't really have a CA accent. Although I really do like the way she talks.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2020, 04:44:39 PM »

Diamond and Silk say she's not black enough, works for me.  Cheesy
Lognog
United States

« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »

She doesn't really have a CA accent. Although I really do like the way she talks.

It's certainly unique, I like it as well. Especially when she is just destroying someone on live TV
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2020, 04:48:34 PM »

Yeah, I don't think a California accent is really a thing. Except maybe the "Surfer bro" or "Valley girl" stereotype, but I'm not sure how many people actually talk like that.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2020, 05:03:18 PM »

Really? I love her voice. I find it really charming.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #488 on: August 13, 2020, 05:20:35 PM »

Really? I love her voice. I find it really charming.
Well, you're replying to a Trump supporter lol.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #489 on: August 13, 2020, 06:05:31 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2020, 06:10:09 PM by Donald Trump’s Toupée »

If America is as sexist and racist as the left claims it is, then why would you select Kamala Harris as your running mate if you wanted to win the election? What happened to the systemic racism that was so prevalent? 🤔 #cognitivedissonance #politicsasusual
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #490 on: August 13, 2020, 06:07:13 PM »

If America is so sexist and racist as the left claims it is, then why would you select Kamala Harris as your running mate if you wanted to win the election? What happened to the systemic racism that was so prevalent? #cognitivedissonance #politicsasusual

I don’t think this post is making the point you’re trying to make.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2020, 06:09:32 PM »

Biden isnt even coming to the Convention and the Politicians are out campaigning on tax payers $$$ while stimulus package is being held. Trump already cut 100 from food stamps and added a work requirement on top of that, the Rs are standing firm on not letting people get unemployment and food stamps, if you pay rent, utilities and kids. In addition, the workers have money saved from getting 600 for all those months.

Unless you are a political junkie, voters arent gonna dwell on Harris, she still  will get scrutiny in due time, just like Tulsi Gabbard got scrutinize, with the Ds narrowly leading in the Senate polls, it wont take much for Trump to win on election day. All he has to do is hold AZ and WI and try PA
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #492 on: August 13, 2020, 06:10:33 PM »

If America is so sexist and racist as the left claims it is, then why would you select Kamala Harris as your running mate if you wanted to win the election? What happened to the systemic racism that was so prevalent? #cognitivedissonance #politicsasusual

I don’t think this post is making the point you’re trying to make.

Well clearly it did because you got the point.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2020, 06:12:19 PM »

If America is as sexist and racist as the left claims it is, then why would you select Kamala Harris as your running mate if you wanted to win the election? What happened to the systemic racism that was so prevalent? 🤔 #cognitivedissonance #politicsasusual

Because there are more non-racists and non-sexists than racists and sexists?  No one ever said racists and sexists were a majority...but that doesn't mean they doesn't have crippling impacts.

Also, your buddy Trump was literally calling into Fox News today talking about "angry, nasty, mean" Kamala, "crazy" Nancy Pelosi, how AOC is always "yapping," etc. (Not to mention his tweet about Mika being a ditzy airhead).
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2020, 06:13:09 PM »

Because there are more non-racists and non-sexists than racists and sexists?  No one ever said racists and sexists were a majority...but that doesn't mean they doesn't have crippling impacts.

Also, your buddy Trump was literally calling into Fox News today talking about "angry, nasty, mean" Kamala, "crazy" Nancy Pelosi, how AOC is always "yapping," etc. (Not to mention his tweet about Mika being a ditzy airhead).

If you’re banning company names, then you know your desperate. Political ploys.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #495 on: August 13, 2020, 06:14:12 PM »

I think Harris being VP will help with minority turnout, will it translate into winning MI, OH, WI, PA, FL?

We will see.

I hope they defeat Trump, I hope they also don't get too bogged down in identity politics.

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #496 on: August 13, 2020, 06:14:35 PM »

Huh?
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #497 on: August 13, 2020, 06:15:35 PM »

But they can call Trump Hitler? Lol give me a break you hack.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #498 on: August 13, 2020, 06:16:29 PM »

Huh?

Removing Aunt Jamiama (it’s probably racist because I can’t spell her name, right?).
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #499 on: August 13, 2020, 06:17:39 PM »

But they can call Trump Hitler? Lol give me a break you hack.

You're disputing the notion of racism and sexism existing, but I'm a hack because someone else called Trump Hitler?  Okay.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies