Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:24:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 142558 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 01:43:57 AM »

Disgusting. Incredible that GOP voters are OK with this.

What's worse is I'm fairly certain he's doing exactly what most of them elected him to do--try and undermine democracy so their side has permanent power. Fortunately, or hopefully at least, he's proving too incompetent to succeed.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 08:08:46 AM »

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2020/08/06/getting-from-november-to-january/
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 10:10:39 AM »

538: Five Ways Trump And GOP Officials Are Undermining The Election Process
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »

I'm suprised how slow this thread has been. Trump won't be able to steal the election at this point, though he may be able to swing a state in his favor or smtg.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2020, 01:02:41 PM by Monstro »

I'm suprised how slow this thread has been. Trump won't be able to steal the election at this point, though he may be able to swing a state in his favor or smtg.

Eh, it just started and it's been the same 10-15 folks that were talking about this issue before the megathread. They just don't have to post the same thing across multiple threads now so it seems quieter
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2020, 04:51:37 PM by Mine eyes have seen the glory of the crushing of the Trump »

This is a letter I received today, a receipt for a political contribution I made that's refundable under Minnesota law. It had to be delivered twice, to my legal address and then where it was forwarded.

The stamp says August 3, so it took 8 days to go to both places. It also appears it was mailed from Minneapolis and not St. Cloud. So arguably that was long for a mailing in the same city at first, but barely over a week is not a slowdown that would impact many ballots.

Awaiting more mail to note the dates.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2020, 03:29:55 PM »

I added suppression mode to my forecast:

Regular Mode:

Suppression Mode:

It clearly has an impact, but Biden still is a clear favorite to win, and Democrats are still favored in the senate
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 12:55:11 AM »

What's worse is I'm fairly certain he's doing exactly what most of them elected him to do--try and undermine democracy so their side has permanent power. Fortunately, or hopefully at least, he's proving too incompetent to succeed.

A 'very serious person' like Tom Cotton would be a competent Trump.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 07:29:01 AM »

Here's something all Republicans should spend a little time thinking about:

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »

No Voter ID Required in North Carolina!!!

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 05:25:43 PM »

A 'very serious person' like Tom Cotton would be a competent Trump.

And the fact that he's likely to run for president eventually is genuinely terrifying.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »

How is the place with one of the worst state Republican parties being so much more reasonable when it comes to voting rights compared to other swing states?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »

How is the place with one of the worst state Republican parties being so much more reasonable when it comes to voting rights compared to other swing states?

Because NC has a liberal 6-1 supreme court, a Democratic Governor, and a Democratic Secretary of state.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 07:22:43 PM »

Because NC has a liberal 6-1 supreme court, a Democratic Governor, and a Democratic Secretary of state.

That's definitely ideal. I just always expect the North Carolina GOP to pour all of their effort into undermining those.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2020, 07:25:13 PM »

That's definitely ideal. I just always expect the North Carolina GOP to pour all of their effort into undermining those.

Yeah it definately helps. In my simulator in high voter suppression mode, NC is the state that could save the Democrats if voter suppression gets really bad.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2020, 07:42:18 PM »

Yeah it definately helps. In my simulator in high voter suppression mode, NC is the state that could save the Democrats if voter suppression gets really bad.

I never thought it was possible to see that day.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2020, 01:53:30 PM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2020, 01:55:03 PM »

Its being rigged. Right in front of your f-cking eyes.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »

I'm generally not scared by this kind of stuff, and am definately not a concern troll on this forum, but this does really concern me that Trump could maybe just eek out a win through this, with obvious forms of voter suppression. We need to get the story out there to encourage as many as possible to vote in person if possible, and those who get their ballot send them right away, maybe even physically go to the post office.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »

I'm generally not scared by this kind of stuff, and am definately not a concern troll on this forum, but this does really concern me that Trump could maybe just eek out a win through this, with obvious forms of voter suppression. We need to get the story out there to encourage as many as possible to vote in person if possible, and those who get their ballot send them right away, maybe even physically go to the post office.

I'm going to request an absentee ballot as soon as the new website is up, and will either drop my ballot in a drop box (new this year) or hand deliver it to the county elections office.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2020, 02:22:06 PM »

I'm going to request an absentee ballot as soon as the new website is up, and will either drop my ballot in a drop box (new this year) or hand deliver it to the county elections office.

Most people aren't you though. There's a good chunk of voters who will just "give up" or send in their ballot not knowing it was never recieved and counted.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2020, 02:50:20 PM »

A federal judge in Pennsylvania told the Trump campaign and the Republican Party that they must produce evidence they have of vote-by-mail fraud in the state by Friday.

The judge's order, in a high-profile case about vote-by-mail in the battleground state, essentially forces the Trump campaign to try to back up President Donald Trump's false claims about massive voter fraud in postal voting.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/trump-campaign-voter-fraud-lawsuit-pennsylvania/index.html

The judge, J. Nicholas Ranjan, was appointed by Trump.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2020, 04:31:16 PM »

Ok, now I'm surprised there isn't much activity in here. There's like 3 threads on the first page that could easily be merged into here, 1 of which is almost as long as this thread
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2020, 05:18:04 PM »

Ok, now I'm surprised there isn't much activity in here. There's like 3 threads on the first page that could easily be merged into here, 1 of which is almost as long as this thread

Most people more than likely said what they were going to on the matter in the other 50 threads. Kind of ironic this thread would get started afterwards.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2020, 09:44:18 PM »

PA's Department of State is asking the PA Supreme Court to allow for ballots to arrive 3 days after the election.

Given the partisan makeup of the court they'll probably get it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies