Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:43:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 142459 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 25, 2020, 09:48:10 PM »

Trump has given up. It is now PARDONING time. Flynn, Bannon, Manafort, Kyle Rittenhouse, Ghislaine Maxwell, the whole program. This is gonna own the libs for good.

how on Earth does he pardon Kyle Rittenhouse for a state level homicide charge?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1126 on: November 26, 2020, 05:22:20 AM »

Trump has given up. It is now PARDONING time. Flynn, Bannon, Manafort, Kyle Rittenhouse, Ghislaine Maxwell, the whole program. This is gonna own the libs for good.

how on Earth does he pardon Kyle Rittenhouse for a state level homicide charge?

Yeah, GeorgiaModerate had already pointed that out.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1127 on: November 26, 2020, 09:18:10 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1128 on: November 26, 2020, 09:20:55 AM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1129 on: November 26, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »

Districct is thicc
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1130 on: November 26, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »

Can't believe Trump hasn't added Bob Loblaw to his crack legal team yet.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1131 on: November 26, 2020, 11:53:53 AM »

The meaning of "crack" in the description of that team is finally becoming clear.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1132 on: November 26, 2020, 11:57:41 AM »

The meaning of "crack" in the description of that team is finally becoming clear.

I mean Trump Jr. is on the team and he's not even a lawyer.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1133 on: November 26, 2020, 03:22:48 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1134 on: November 26, 2020, 04:50:50 PM »

Has anyone filed a bar complaint against Sidney?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1135 on: November 26, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »

I've seen some speculation that the Republicans made sure no judge was present at that malarkey Pennsylvania hearing, because the things Trump's lawyers were saying there would almost certainly get them disbarred if said in court or any type of actual legal proceeding.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1136 on: November 26, 2020, 07:36:50 PM »

I've seen some speculation that the Republicans made sure no judge was present at that malarkey Pennsylvania hearing, because the things Trump's lawyers were saying there would almost certainly get them disbarred if said in court or any type of actual legal proceeding.

Lawyers can still face consequences if they are doing shady and unethical stuff outside of court.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1137 on: November 26, 2020, 08:00:01 PM »

Barry Zuckercorn would be an improvement over his current team.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1138 on: November 27, 2020, 02:30:42 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 02:35:47 AM by Hammy »

Trump has returned to using terroristic language, calling Raffensperger an "enemy of the people"--how much longer before he starts directly calling for violence?

This man belongs in prison but of course Dems are all talk and will do what they do best, which is absolutely nothing.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1139 on: November 27, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »

Trump has returned to using terroristic language, calling Raffensperger an "enemy of the people"--how much longer before he starts directly calling for violence?

This man belongs in prison but of course Dems are all talk and will do what they do best, which is absolutely nothing.

I am holding out hope that NY prosecutors lock him up.  They have the political capital to do it.  NY absolutely hates him.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1140 on: November 27, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »

The unanimous opinion by the three-judge panel was authored by a Trump appointee.  The other two judges were appointed by George W. Bush.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1141 on: November 27, 2020, 12:51:52 PM »

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1142 on: November 27, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »

Trump loses appeal of Pennsylvania election case

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/27/trump-loses-appeal-of-pennsylvania-election-case.html

Key points:

A federal appeals court on Friday rejected an attempt from President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign to keep alive its effort to undo the result of Pennsylvania’s presidential election.

A three-judge panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit wrote in a scalding opinion that the Trump campaign’s “claims have no merit.”

The court opinion marks the latest court loss for Trump, who has refused to concede the election to President-elect Biden and is falsely asserting that he won the race.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1143 on: November 27, 2020, 01:41:33 PM »

The judge who wrote the opinion was appointed by Trump himself. And the other two were appointed by George W. Bush.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1144 on: November 27, 2020, 02:37:38 PM »

The judge who wrote the opinion was appointed by Trump himself. And the other two were appointed by George W. Bush.

Still sad that the fate of the country essentially rests on Brett Kavanaugh now.
compucomp

« Reply #1145 on: November 27, 2020, 02:42:08 PM »

Still sad that the fate of the country essentially rests on Brett Kavanaugh now.

This is over-the-top dooming; every case has been dismissed out of hand with the legal language equivalent of "GTFO", even by judges appointed by Trump. Extremely unlikely the Supreme Court takes up the case. It's good to see that judges still see themselves as stewards of the Constitution and democracy and not as the lackeys of one party or the other.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1146 on: November 27, 2020, 02:45:27 PM »

This is over-the-top dooming; every case has been dismissed out of hand with the legal language equivalent of "GTFO", even by judges appointed by Trump. Extremely unlikely the Supreme Court takes up the case. It's good to see that judges still see themselves as stewards of the Constitution and democracy and not as the lackeys of one party or the other.

I'm not saying they'll win, but as far as I know, SCOTUS only requires four votes to take up a case--so my point stands. Merely taking up the case at all would set a damaging precedent.

I'll add that decisions will not necessarily be the same from people with a higher profile than the judges that have so far been put on cases.
compucomp

« Reply #1147 on: November 27, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »

I'm not saying they'll win, but as far as I know, SCOTUS only requires four votes to take up a case--so my point stands. Merely taking up the case at all would set a damaging precedent.

I'll add that decisions will not necessarily be the same from people with a higher profile than the judges that have so far been put on cases.

You're definitely dooming here, making it sound like the decision could go either way on the Supreme Court. Alito and Thomas might take up the case, but I doubt Barrett, Gorsuch, or Kavanaugh want to touch it. These guys are not Eric, Don Jr, and Ivanka.

As to your second point, that should make it even less likely the Supreme Court will actually support Trump; a lower level no-name judge can do his MAGA virtue signaling without much repercussions because he knows a higher court will overturn it and it will be forgotten because he's not high enough, while Supreme Court justices for sure know that their decisions are final and they will have to live with the consequences.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1148 on: November 27, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »

You're definitely dooming here, making it sound like the decision could go either way on the Supreme Court. Alito and Thomas might take up the case, but I doubt Barrett, Gorsuch, or Kavanaugh want to touch it. These guys are not Eric, Don Jr, and Ivanka.

As to your second point, that should make it even less likely the Supreme Court will actually support Trump; a lower level no-name judge can do his MAGA virtue signaling without much repercussions because he knows a higher court will overturn it and it will be forgotten because he's not high enough, while Supreme Court justices for sure know that their decisions are final and they will have to live with the consequences.

I'm all but certain Barrett will agree to take it up. And I'll reiterate what I've been saying for months--it's not that I think this will happen, but it shouldn't have anything beyond a non-zero chance of happening. Even if the chances are 1%, the fact that it's even a remote possibility really says something about the point we've come to.
compucomp

« Reply #1149 on: November 27, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »

I'm all but certain Barrett will agree to take it up. And I'll reiterate what I've been saying for months--it's not that I think this will happen, but it shouldn't have anything beyond a non-zero chance of happening. Even if the chances are 1%, the fact that it's even a remote possibility really says something about the point we've come to.

I totally disagree with you. Agreeing to taking up this case requires a justice to not only be a partisan hack, but a corrupt partisan hack. Thomas and Alito have shown signs of that, but I've seen no indication nor aware of any such history from Barrett.

Let's not forget that this is a case where the plaintiffs have brought no specific claims, no evidence, and in the courtroom the main plaintiff even denied that the case was alleging fraud. It's a complete dumpster fire. It might even be too much for Alito and Thomas to take up.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies