KS-PPP: Marshall+1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:03:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  KS-PPP: Marshall+1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-PPP: Marshall+1  (Read 2391 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: August 07, 2020, 08:30:53 AM »

Kobach’s supporters are still mourning. They‘ll come home.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2020, 01:00:32 PM by Brittain33 »

Safe R and I’m not convinced it’ll even be all that close (high-single digits is probably Bollier’s best case scenario).  Atlas memes aside, this is fool’s gold now and there’s no point wasting another cent on this race.  That money would be better spent on North Carolina, Maine, Montana, Iowa, and/or Georgia‘s Senate races.

Safe to me means there is literally <1% chance of the other party winning, mainly because they didn’t field a candidate or fielded a Some Guy with no money and no supporters.

It’s unlikely Bollier wins, but she’s a decent candidate with a huge amount of money who is tying in polls, so it’s best to call this Likely R because it’s conceivable that a scandal or a big shift in the national vote even further away from Trump could let her eke out a win. But it’s not likely, so Likely R.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 11:50:10 AM »

Safe R and I’m not convinced it’ll even be all that close (high-single digits is probably Bollier’s best case scenario).  Atlas memes aside, this is fool’s gold now and there’s no point wasting another cent on this race.  That money would be better spent on North Carolina, Maine, Montana, Iowa, and/or Georgia‘s Senate races.

Safe to means there is literally <1% chance of the other party winning, mainly because they didn’t field a candidate or fielded a Some Guy with no money and no supporters.

It’s unlikely Bollier wins, but she’s a decent candidate with a huge amount of money who is tying in polls, so it’s best to call this Likely R because it’s conceivable that a scandal or a big shift in the national vote even further away from Trump could let her eke out a win. But it’s not likely, so Likely R.

For me, anything with a 15% chance of flipping or less is Safe, 15-30% is Likely, 30-45% is Lean, 45-50% is Tilt, etc.

I see value in distinguishing races like this, where Bollier is within 1 point on a poll, from AR-SEN, WY-SEN, MA-SEN (after the primary) where there is literally no path for the out party to win this year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies