Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:22:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC  (Read 2070 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: August 06, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »

I'll believe Graham will lose when I see it. He certainly has not done himself any favors by tying himself to Trump. We liked him more here when he was a bit of a maverick.

Might South Carolina be this year's Texas? That is, like the 2018 Senate race between Cruz and O'Rourke, polls show the race as competitive throughout, and some may even show Harrison leading, but Graham ultimately wins reelection, by a much narrower margin than in his previous races, and one which indicates that the state is indeed trending left. I'm thinking that is a very plausible outcome at this point.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 05:10:53 PM »

Don't really trust SC being competitive, but it has 13% of blacks undecided so I guess there's still some room to grow for Harrison?

Also, idk how seriously to take it, but a 31% approval rating for Tim Scott among blacks is pretty interesting and would be a big increase over how he did in 2014 and 2016. If that's actually real, then it's an interesting nugget for a post-Trump GOP.

What's interesting is that Scott did better than Graham in 2014 when they were on the same ballot. He's never had the same issues with the base that Graham often did even pre-Trump, but his current reputation is that of a serious and intelligent, yet not crazy, conservative, as opposed to a pure Trump bootlicker.

Hopefully people like Scott will become predominant within the Republican Party once Trump is gone. To be competitive in today's America, Republicans need to become more diverse, and more reflective of what America looks like. They don't need to sacrifice their basic conservative principles in doing so. They just need to discard and move ahead of Trump's racism and his ignorance.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 05:46:42 PM »

I'll believe Graham will lose when I see it. He certainly has not done himself any favors by tying himself to Trump. We liked him more here when he was a bit of a maverick.

Might South Carolina be this year's Texas? That is, like the 2018 Senate race between Cruz and O'Rourke, polls show the race as competitive throughout, and some may even show Harrison leading, but Graham ultimately wins reelection, by a much narrower margin than in his previous races, and one which indicates that the state is indeed trending left. I'm thinking that is a very plausible outcome at this point.

I wonder how SC will be voting by the end of the decade.

I've wondered about that as well. I have a feeling that Democrats could very well break through there this decade. We are certainly going to see breakthroughs in Georgia, Florida, Texas, and North Carolina, and South Carolina seems like it may be heading down the same path.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies