Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC  (Read 2016 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:13:44 PM »

https://poll.qu.edu/2020-presidential-swing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=3670
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 01:20:50 PM »

She's only 4 in the same poll that has Biden up 15 points in Maine? Looks like Collins still has some of that cross appeal.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 01:21:19 PM »

She's underperforming Biden by 11 points. I take everything back, this is is Likely R.

Collins +6
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »

She's only 4 in the same poll that has Biden up 15 points in Maine? Looks like Collins still has some of that cross appeal.

Collins won't overcome a double digit Trump deficit. These days are gone for good.

Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »

Everyone agrees that Collins will run ahead of Trump, but the days of her outperforming the top of the ticket by 40 points like she did in 2008 are over.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »

Collins won't overcome a double digit Trump deficit. These days are gone for good.

Also she’s at 43% 3 months out from the election. Given that the undecideds in this poll seem to lean Dem, thats not a good position to be in. Tilt D. Gideon likely wins by 3-4.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 01:28:46 PM »

Everyone agrees that Collins will run ahead of Trump, but the days of her outperforming the top of the ticket by 40 points like she did in 2008 are over.
Oh absolutely, but I don't think partisanship is gonna hurt her as strong as we think. That being said the days of her winning by double digits and sweeping every county are long gone.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »

While Collins will probably outperform Trump, I just don't see her surviving a double digit win for Biden in the state.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2020, 01:38:00 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Graham and McConnell are gonna lose👍👍👍. That's why he has relented on 400 a week on unemployment benefits
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 01:52:22 PM »

I'll believe Graham will lose when I see it. He certainly has not done himself any favors by tying himself to Trump. We liked him more here when he was a bit of a maverick.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »

doubt it will happen but mcconnell losing to mcgrath of all people would be very funny
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 02:31:37 PM »

Collins is losing Independents again, and getting the same amount of Ds that Gideon is Rs. There's no way she wins with that combo.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 03:22:48 PM »

doubt it will happen but mcconnell losing to mcgrath of all people would be very funny

Trump was a businessman turned politician,  voters show no allegiance to Trump since he was an R in name only, not an officeholder and McConnell is an obstructionist.  
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 03:23:11 PM »

Graham and McConnell are gonna lose👍👍👍. That's why he has relented on 400 a week on unemployment benefits

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 03:26:29 PM »

That's why we have our prediction maps, unlike other blogs, we can change our opinions
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »

That's why we have our prediction maps, unlike other blogs, we can change our opinions

We always can Smiley

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »

He's a troll, it's best to ignore him
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 03:31:30 PM »

He's a troll, it's best to ignore him

Yeah everyone is a troll if you differ in  opinions.
We have maps for a reason, to change them
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »

I'll believe Graham will lose when I see it. He certainly has not done himself any favors by tying himself to Trump. We liked him more here when he was a bit of a maverick.

Might South Carolina be this year's Texas? That is, like the 2018 Senate race between Cruz and O'Rourke, polls show the race as competitive throughout, and some may even show Harrison leading, but Graham ultimately wins reelection, by a much narrower margin than in his previous races, and one which indicates that the state is indeed trending left. I'm thinking that is a very plausible outcome at this point.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »

Might South Carolina be this year's Texas? That is, like the 2018 Senate race between Cruz and O'Rourke, polls show the race as competitive throughout, and some may even show Harrison leading, but Graham ultimately wins reelection, by a much narrower margin than in his previous races, and one which indicates that the state is indeed trending left. I'm thinking that is a very plausible outcome at this point.

I wonder how SC will be voting by the end of the decade.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »

Don't really trust SC being competitive, but it has 13% of blacks undecided so I guess there's still some room to grow for Harrison?

Also, idk how seriously to take it, but a 31% approval rating for Tim Scott among blacks is pretty interesting and would be a big increase over how he did in 2014 and 2016. If that's actually real, then it's an interesting nugget for a post-Trump GOP.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2020, 04:44:29 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2020, 04:49:31 PM by lfromnj »

Don't really trust SC being competitive, but it has 13% of blacks undecided so I guess there's still some room to grow for Harrison?

Also, idk how seriously to take it, but a 31% approval rating for Tim Scott among blacks is pretty interesting and would be a big increase over how he did in 2014 and 2016. If that's actually real, then it's an interesting nugget for a post-Trump GOP.

no lol, the point of running black candidates isn't to win black voters in the black belt. They won't actually vote GOP ever.Its to win suburban Charleston/Columbia white voters who want to feel they aren't voting for the racist party.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 04:48:40 PM »

What's interesting is that Scott did better than Graham in 2014 when they were on the same ballot. He's never had the same issues with the base that Graham often did even pre-Trump, but his current reputation is that of a serious and intelligent, yet not crazy, conservative, as opposed to a pure Trump bootlicker.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2020, 05:10:53 PM »

What's interesting is that Scott did better than Graham in 2014 when they were on the same ballot. He's never had the same issues with the base that Graham often did even pre-Trump, but his current reputation is that of a serious and intelligent, yet not crazy, conservative, as opposed to a pure Trump bootlicker.

Hopefully people like Scott will become predominant within the Republican Party once Trump is gone. To be competitive in today's America, Republicans need to become more diverse, and more reflective of what America looks like. They don't need to sacrifice their basic conservative principles in doing so. They just need to discard and move ahead of Trump's racism and his ignorance.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »

If Graham loses he will have thrown away his career over a completely moron. But I'm sure he would land a show on MSNBC or something where he would act as if he is sensible and chastise random people from both parties for various "bipartisan" reasons.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies