Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:19:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Gideon + 4, McConnell +5, Tied in SC  (Read 2034 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 05:46:42 PM »

I'll believe Graham will lose when I see it. He certainly has not done himself any favors by tying himself to Trump. We liked him more here when he was a bit of a maverick.

Might South Carolina be this year's Texas? That is, like the 2018 Senate race between Cruz and O'Rourke, polls show the race as competitive throughout, and some may even show Harrison leading, but Graham ultimately wins reelection, by a much narrower margin than in his previous races, and one which indicates that the state is indeed trending left. I'm thinking that is a very plausible outcome at this point.

I wonder how SC will be voting by the end of the decade.

I've wondered about that as well. I have a feeling that Democrats could very well break through there this decade. We are certainly going to see breakthroughs in Georgia, Florida, Texas, and North Carolina, and South Carolina seems like it may be heading down the same path.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2020, 08:09:14 PM »

Don't really trust SC being competitive, but it has 13% of blacks undecided so I guess there's still some room to grow for Harrison?

Also, idk how seriously to take it, but a 31% approval rating for Tim Scott among blacks is pretty interesting and would be a big increase over how he did in 2014 and 2016. If that's actually real, then it's an interesting nugget for a post-Trump GOP.

no lol, the point of running black candidates isn't to win black voters in the black belt. They won't actually vote GOP ever.Its to win suburban Charleston/Columbia white voters who want to feel they aren't voting for the racist party.

I mean, yeah, of course, but the GOP also hasn’t run many (any?) black candidates in the South – the only other one that comes to mind in the recent past other than Scott is Steele for MD-SEN in 2006 and that’s debatable (though fwiw he got 25% of the black vote). But if this is actually real and if Scott can hold it to 2022, which ik are two big ifs, then maybe it can be replicated in other more competitive Southern states.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2020, 08:22:10 AM »

Wow, McConnell must rightfully be unpopular there. Just think, he would actually have a shot at losing his seat if the Dems hadn't nominated this perennial camo loser. He'll win by 7-10 points.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2020, 08:31:47 AM »

McGrath’s not going to win but “perennial loser” isn’t fair to someone running her second race.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »

New Poll: Kentucky Senator by Quinnipiac University on 2020-08-03

Summary: D: 44%, R: 49%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹