Kentucky (Bluegrass Data [Dem internal] ): Trump +7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kentucky (Bluegrass Data [Dem internal] ): Trump +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky (Bluegrass Data [Dem internal] ): Trump +7  (Read 1639 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: August 05, 2020, 04:59:50 PM »

I'd be stunned if Kentucky is within 20 points.

I actually think the margin could look something like 2008. Which was McCain +16.

Biden is going to dominate in Fayette and Jefferson counties, will likely make in-roads in the Cincy suburbs, and I don't see Trump doing BETTER in the rural parts of the state than last time. That means he has nowhere to go but down.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 01:03:05 AM »

Insert nonsensical talking point here about how 81% Approval Andy has singlehandedly revived the Kentucky Democratic Party #BeshearCoattails

Anyway, yeah, too good to be true. I bet Booker would have been leading though.

Andy IS super popular and that can’t be entirely ignored. Moreover, Trump is falling hard and fast in many of the same areas that handed Bevin his defeat in 2019 — namely, Fayette/Jefferson counties and surrounding areas plus the Cincy suburbs. I honestly expect Biden to crack 60% or close to it in both Fayette and Jefferson, which is really something for counties that were relatively competitive until recently. Trump is just that toxic in these areas. I also expect Biden to handily win Franklin County and make Kent/Campbell counties closer than they have been in a long time. And again, I don’t expect Trump to IMPROVE on his 2016 numbers in the more rural areas from 2016; if anything, he’ll probably go down slightly. All this adds up to an inevitably narrower margin of victory for Trump from last time. The only question is how much narrower. Certainly only a 7 point win seems too good to be true, but if he only ends up winning by like 12 or something? I would not be surprised in the least.

I will also take this opportunity to remind you all that I initially joined this site to tell you that Andy Beshear was definitely gonna beat Matt Bevin. Few believed me, some called me “nonsensical” or worse and... look what happened. I’m just saying. I know my state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies