Canada's Most Underated PM, The one who wasn't supposed to Win (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:41:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Canada's Most Underated PM, The one who wasn't supposed to Win (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada's Most Underated PM, The one who wasn't supposed to Win  (Read 726 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: July 29, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

Harper is not only a great PM for Canada but he is definitely the best world leader in the past 20 years as well. Its sad to see what Trudeau has done to Canada post Harper and I hope in the next election O'Toole can restore Canada to Harper Era Canada and then take the next step forward
If O'Toole is elected leader, he'd lose due to Trudeau being popular. Even McKay would lose.

Eh... I wouldn't be so confident given the self-inflicted wounds he's sustained the past couple weeks.

Giving sole source contracts to the folks who gave your Mom and brother several hundred grand is not a great look.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 07:51:16 AM »

Again, I'm not sure why everyone thinks Trudeau has a near guaranteed win next time. EKOS and Leger have him up 5-6 points in a country that regularly sees twenty point swings.

In the past ten years, the NDP have won majorities in Alberta and Quebec (federally), the Liberals went dropped to 30-something seats and then followed it up with a majority, and CAQ went from 3rd place to a majority, to say nothing of the crazy swings of the early 90's.

Against that backdrop, I just don't think it's that crazy to say Erin O'Toole or Peter MacKay have a reasonable chance of pulling a 5-10 point swing in a weak economy against a government in the middle of a corruption scandal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies