Masks are dumb. Here’s why.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:05:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Masks are dumb. Here’s why.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Masks are dumb. Here’s why.  (Read 2936 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2020, 01:32:41 PM »
« edited: July 27, 2020, 02:53:39 PM by From Prussia With Love »

So if anything can be worn as a mask, including a bandana, then how effective is this ‘rule’ anyway?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 01:38:14 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:53:26 PM by From Prussia With Love »

So if anything can be worn as a mask, including a bandana, then how effective is this ‘rule’ anyway?

Permanent heart/lung damage and liver failure are “barely harmful?”
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 01:42:00 PM »

If you end up on a ventilator you won't be singing this tune. People like you need to stop playing with this virus because it is not a joke.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »

Two months after recovering from it and my respiratory function is markedly decreased from what it was pre-COVID (wheezing, getting winded faster/random shortness of breath, etc.).

I'm not sure what your definition of "barely harmful" is, DTT, but I'm still feeling the effects from it.  
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 01:43:56 PM »

This thread is dumb, Here's why:

Too obvious.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 01:46:30 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:53:09 PM by From Prussia With Love »

Permanent lung damage and liver failure are “barely harmful?”

Nobody here has any illusions about a utopia. The fact that 4.3 million people have gotten this virus and you aren't one of them speaks to the innate injustice of the world.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 01:47:30 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:52:56 PM by From Prussia With Love »

Nobody here has any illusions about a utopia. The fact that 4.3 million people have gotten this virus and you aren't one of them speaks to the innate injustice of the world.

Out of 7 billion people lol
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 01:48:20 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:52:43 PM by From Prussia With Love »

Out of 320 million. That is just the number for the US.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 01:49:24 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:52:30 PM by From Prussia With Love »

I was clearly counting the world. I do not know the numbers because I don’t obsess over something that is so insignificant. Continue watching your fear mongering CNN lol
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 01:49:39 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:52:12 PM by From Prussia With Love »

And death shouldn't come along quicker than it has to. Seems to me that wearing a mask is a small price to pay for preserving health, but maybe I'm just a communist that doesn't know anything.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:52:00 PM by From Prussia With Love »

So since death is inevitable I guess everyone should commit suicide just to get it over with. Or perhaps public health is more important than a non-existent “constitutional right” to spread a deadly virus. People like you make me wonder if Covid is nature’s way of pouring chlorine in the gene pool.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »

And this conversation has been a big deflection.

Go on, tell me how a bandana keeps anyone ‘safe’?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 01:50:52 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:51:46 PM by From Prussia With Love »

I was clearly counting the world.

And you were clearly uninformed, so I corrected you.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:05:20 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Because it blocks a good percentage of their droplets from flying into the air and getting into someone else’s respiratory track.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 02:02:54 PM »

Because it blocks a good percentage of their droplets from flying into the air and getting into someone else’s respiratory track, you blithering dumbass.

No, it does not. Bandanas have been proven to be ineffective!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »

The science has already been explained.  Masks provide limited protection for yourself, though not entirely, but most importantly they reduce the droplets you send into the air.  Those droplets can spread well beyond six feet also.

Having a loved one be diagnosed with this disease changed my perspective a lot.  Just because it isn't a death sentence doesn't mean it's not harmful and it could very well result in permanent lung damage as the early-2000's SARS pandemic did for many people.  It won't kill you to wear a mask for twenty minutes when you're doing your shopping.  If you think that's a bigger threat to your freedoms than police brutality, I don't know what to tell you.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 02:10:08 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:44:15 PM by From Prussia With Love »

The science has already been explained.  Masks provide limited protection for yourself, though not entirely, but most importantly they reduce the droplets you send into the air.  Those droplets can spread well beyond six feet also.

Having a loved one be diagnosed with this disease changed my perspective a lot.  Just because it isn't a death sentence doesn't mean it's not harmful and it could very well result in permanent lung damage as the early-2000's SARS pandemic did for many people.  It won't kill you to wear a mask for twenty minutes when you're doing your shopping.  If you think that's a bigger threat to your freedoms than police brutality, I don't know what to tell you.

Trump is right to not federally mandate it.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 02:12:35 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:43:58 PM by From Prussia With Love »

The science has already been explained.  Masks provide limited protection for yourself, though not entirely, but most importantly they reduce the droplets you send into the air.  Those droplets can spread well beyond six feet also.

Having a loved one be diagnosed with this disease changed my perspective a lot.  Just because it isn't a death sentence doesn't mean it's not harmful and it could very well result in permanent lung damage as the early-2000's SARS pandemic did for many people.  It won't kill you to wear a mask for twenty minutes when you're doing your shopping.  If you think that's a bigger threat to your freedoms than police brutality, I don't know what to tell you.

Trump is right to not federally mandate it.

no
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 02:15:24 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 02:27:56 PM by GP270watch »

Even a simple bandana stops you from touching your nose and mouth with your bare hand. This is one of the ways flu and coronaviruses are spread. You touch a contaminated surface and then touch your mouth or nose, this is why something as simple as vigorous hand-washing with soap is recommended. If Covid-19 is airborne which seem likely the bandana would be less effective against that but still a barrier from you touching your mouth and nose. Pandemics are a numbers game and the more doors you close for stoping new cases the better we'll be at tackling this problem.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:38 PM »

Even a simple bandana stops you from touching your nose and mouth with your bare hand. This is one of the ways flu and coronaviruses are spread. You touch a contaminated surface and then touch your mouth or nose, this is why something as simple as vigorous hand-washing with soap is recommended. If Covid-19 is airborne which seem likely the bandana would be less effective against that but still a barrier from you touching your mouth and nose. Pandemics are a numbers game and the more doors you close for stoping new cases the better we'll be able to tackling this problem.

That’s not true either! Covid doesn’t stay on surfaces very long. Christ, CNN really is fake news.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »

That’s not true either! Covid doesn’t stay on surfaces very long. Christ, CNN really is fake news.

Depending on the surface and environment(indoors vs outdoors) it can stay on a surface from a few minutes to a few days according to research available.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/how-long-covid-19-lives-on-surfaces

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 02:25:18 PM »

Because it blocks a good percentage of their droplets from flying into the air and getting into someone else’s respiratory track, you blithering dumbass.

Says who? Dr. Trump? You really not to check out reliable sources and scientific stuff before making such threads.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 02:28:09 PM »

Says who? Dr. Trump? You really not to check out reliable sources and scientific stuff before making such threads.

How many times has Faucci been wrong and flip flopped? Masks is one.

I don’t listen to that clown. He’s lost all credibility.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 02:28:13 PM »

Even a simple bandana stops you from touching your nose and mouth with your bare hand. This is one of the ways flu and coronaviruses are spread. You touch a contaminated surface and then touch your mouth or nose, this is why something as simple as vigorous hand-washing with soap is recommended. If Covid-19 is airborne which seem likely the bandana would be less effective against that but still a barrier from you touching your mouth and nose. Pandemics are a numbers game and the more doors you close for stoping new cases the better we'll be able to tackling this problem.

I bet you also believe that your doctor is poisoning you so that you stay sick and addicted to Big Pharma’s medication and the only real way to get healthy is to give yourself a bleach enema because that’s what the internet says.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 02:29:09 PM »

Louis Quatre's Ship
Ghibellines_Represent

★★★

Soap is dumb. Here's why.
« on: July 27, 1347, 2:32:41 pm »
So if anything can be used to wash your hands, including water, then how effective is this ‘rule’ anyway? And witches are exempt? I really do not understand. The Plague has been unmasked. #SecurityTheater

The Plague isn’t that deadly, and it’s barely harmful. Peasants are dumb.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies