NBC/Marist - NC: Biden +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NBC/Marist - NC: Biden +7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC/Marist - NC: Biden +7  (Read 1491 times)
Granite City
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: -2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:25:31 AM »

July 14-22, 882 RVs
MOE: +/- 4.0%

Biden - 51% (+2)
Trump - 44% (-1)

Changes from February 23-27

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/biden-leads-north-carolina-voters-give-trump-poor-marks-virus-n1234945?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Once again we see a big Biden lead among those who dislike both candidates (52-27)
BobbieMac
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 05:15:28 AM »

Puts Biden well into double figures nationally on UNS, would be interested to see a national Marist poll.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:20:09 AM »

Mirroring national polls, Trump also has an edge in the intensity of his support. Seventy-five percent of Trump voters in North Carolina say they strongly support him, while 64 percent of Biden voters say the same about their candidate.

Why can no pollster get this question right. They always word it horribly, where they don't realize where the energy behind Biden is. How many times do we have to say that Biden himself has nothing to do with the enthusiasm issue.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 05:50:53 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2020, 05:54:56 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Mirroring national polls, Trump also has an edge in the intensity of his support. Seventy-five percent of Trump voters in North Carolina say they strongly support him, while 64 percent of Biden voters say the same about their candidate.

Why can no pollster get this question right. They always word it horribly, where they don't realize where the energy behind Biden is. How many times do we have to say that Biden himself has nothing to do with the enthusiasm issue.

I'm not a Bidenista.  I don't plan on mounting a BIDEN 2020 poster on my wall or proudly wearing any Biden merchandise (also because I just can't pull off baseball caps).  

But that doesn't mean that I'm not excited to vote for him (or anybody that's not Trump/Trump-like).  
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 07:17:23 AM »

I'm not a Bidenista.  I don't plan on mounting a BIDEN 2020 poster on my wall or proudly wearing any Biden merchandise (also because I just can't pull off baseball caps). 

But that doesn't mean that I'm not excited to vote for him (or anybody that's not Trump/Trump-like). 

Same here. I never really settled on who to support in the primaries. The closest I came to vote for anyone was Bernie. It was weird for me to sit out the primary because I was moving for work again. On the other hand, I'm getting a ballot in the general as soon as I can through the mail. However, I don't have a bumper sticker on my car or anything that I did for Obama. Then you see people with Trump stickers everywhere. Provided that Trump doesn't end up being as bad for the system as he possible could, the only saving grace of Biden's campaign dying or Trump throwing the perfect Hail Mary like he did last time is that Republicans won't know what to do after Trump. They will be living in his shadow for a long time. Those are huge clown shoes to fill.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 08:06:30 AM »

Exactly - the question should be just "how motivated are you to vote" or "how excited are you"? with no mention of the candidate, since in Biden's situation, it generally doesn't have to do with himself, but voting against Trump. but of course that energy doesn't get picked up when they center the question around the candidate itself (Biden)
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 08:47:27 AM »

Of course, 75% of Trump voters say they strongly support him. The guy is absolutely ing nuts and in the same vein, no one in their right mind would vote for the guy UNLESS they were an absolute fanatic.

It's less enthusiasm gap and more along the lines of that Trump has a cult following. I'm pretty sure someone has a shrine to him somewhere
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »

I'm not a Bidenista.  I don't plan on mounting a BIDEN 2020 poster on my wall or proudly wearing any Biden merchandise (also because I just can't pull off baseball caps).  

Exactly. I'm no Biden fan, but if I was an American, I would be more excited about voting for Biden to kick out Trump than I have ever been in any election before.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 10:48:26 AM »

Ah yeah, this is the poll I already knew about yesterday (also with the leads of B+7 and C+9) - but NBC somehow decided to release it only today.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 01:23:41 PM »

Of course, 75% of Trump voters say they strongly support him. The guy is absolutely ing nuts and in the same vein, no one in their right mind would vote for the guy UNLESS they were an absolute fanatic.

It's less enthusiasm gap and more along the lines of that Trump has a cult following. I'm pretty sure someone has a shrine to him somewhere

Yes

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 06:07:19 PM »

Must...resist...having...optimism...about...this...state!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 06:26:31 PM »

Good for Trump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: