Why did Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Escambia trend D
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:58:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  Why did Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Escambia trend D
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, and Escambia trend D  (Read 871 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »

Curious.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »

They are more suburban in character than much of the rest of the Panhandle.  I’d imagine that’s also the reason they were the sole Panhandle counties to vote for Ford over Carter.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »

The main industry (other than tourism) is the military. Military areas generally trended towards Clinton.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 05:41:26 PM »

They really didn't if you look at the raw votes- Trump won them all by more than Romney did.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:05:50 PM »

I think it's clear a lot of Gary Johnson clearly came from Republican veterans who were offended by the disdain Drumpf showed toward veterans but wouldn't consider voting for Hillary. I recall that the precincts around Joint Base Lewis-McChord gave less votes in 2016 for both the Democratic and Republican ticket than in 2012.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 03:23:24 PM »

I think it's clear a lot of Gary Johnson clearly came from Republican veterans who were offended by the disdain Drumpf showed toward veterans but wouldn't consider voting for Hillary. I recall that the precincts around Joint Base Lewis-McChord gave less votes in 2016 for both the Democratic and Republican ticket than in 2012.

People who owe their livings to the government cheese voting for the anti-government party. Ironic.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 03:40:11 PM »

People who owe their livings to the government cheese voting for the anti-government party. Ironic.

Which party is likely to spend more on defense and the military?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 09:10:26 PM »

The Republican Party. They essentially hand out blank checks to their defense contractor donors, and also cut things like education and infrastructure spending to pay for the VA (which is horribly inefficient due to America's for-profit healthcare system.)
The Democratic Party isn't much better, but President Obama did at least take some steps to limit the bleeding, but Trump and the war criminal Mattis put a stop to that.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:29:25 PM »

The Republican Party. They essentially hand out blank checks to their defense contractor donors, and also cut things like education and infrastructure spending to pay for the VA (which is horribly inefficient due to America's for-profit healthcare system.)
The Democratic Party isn't much better, but President Obama did at least take some steps to limit the bleeding, but Trump and the war criminal Mattis put a stop to that.

Yes. Which means that people in the defense industry voting Republican is not that much ironic.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 10:08:24 PM »

Yes. Which means that people in the defense industry voting Republican is not that much ironic.

I meant them voting for Johnson. The Libertarian Party is very much against big government and has generally been in favor of a smaller military and decreased defense spending. They actually have a lot of support with young military folks, who must think they will survive the reduction of government waste (spoiler: they wouldn't).
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 10:20:28 PM »

I meant them voting for Johnson. The Libertarian Party is very much against big government and has generally been in favor of a smaller military and decreased defense spending. They actually have a lot of support with young military folks, who must think they will survive the reduction of government waste (spoiler: they wouldn't).

Aaaaah sorry I misunderstood what you said.
Oh yes the Libertarian Party is very anti-defense-spending.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies