The Gulf Coast Sun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:15:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Gulf Coast Sun
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Gulf Coast Sun  (Read 7993 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 08:53:29 AM »
« edited: September 08, 2020, 09:18:23 AM by Delegate Weatherboy »

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2020

The Green Party Is Gone?
By Weatherboy

Chaos abounded yesterday as the "Labor Day Massacre" saw the Green Party completely fall apart in the course of a little over 12 hours. At 1 PM CDT yesterday, Chair T'Chenka resigned and deregistered from the game. A surprisingly quick end to a potentially budding political career.

At first things seemed calm, with PSOL taking over. Some rumblings of a "PSOL cult" were put to rest after Rep. Lakigigar suddenly resigned as well at 2 am CDT this morning. He attributed this to attacks on him for voting for Joseph Cao for speaker, being the deciding vote.

This followed by a message sent out from PSOL at 3 am CDT, announcing his resignation as party chair and "effectively dissolving" the Greens. However, less than ten minutes after rejoining Labor, PSOL switched back, trying to appoint himself to Laki's now vacant seat.

Beyond this, however, PSOL also revealed that he used Koopa as a figurehead to hide behind, trying to make the Greens into a cult-like party. In his post he compared the DA+Feds to Nazis and said "I should have instituted a hard line instead of letting [Lakigigar] choose".

Although this may be a truly shocking turn of events to some, it comes as absolutely no surprise to others.

What happens with Laki's seat, and where PSOL will go now is extremely uncertain. The Greens are, however, not completely dissolved. However it seems likely they will slowly fade away from attrition like the old PUP.

Koopa has publicly denied PSOL's timeline of events, saying she approached him first and that PSOL was "a right hand man" before officially making the Greens.

This is a developing story.

Southern Chamber Flips!
By Weatherboy

WB, Delegate once again

The Chamber of Delegates flipped in partisan affiliation, though not ideology yesterday as Acting Governor tmth appointed Fmr. President WB (DA-SC) to the vacant seat. A surprise to many after Koopa's move to the South, seen as an opening into the Chamber, WB's appointment means that non-Labor aligned forces control a majority in the Chamber, potentially messing up plans for Labor-leaning gubernatorial hopefuls in the CoD gubernatorial election.

This is WB's third non-consecutive term in the chamber, after serving from Jan-Feb 2019 and Jan-April 2020.

Renowned Stand-Up Comedian Mikey Stacks Coming to Mobile!
By Weatherboy

The great comedian of our lives has blessed us with a tour stop here in Mobile, Alabama! Mikey Stacks got his great career started in Los Angeles and became a national sensation instantly. Talks of his own TV show are in the works, but for now he's began a new tour, called "What the Hell's Wrong with Atlasia?" Mikey Stacks is set to visit Mobile on October 28th.

Tickets are being sold already, but don't worry, they aren't sold out... yet!

TODAY'S WEATHER
Tampa: High: 88F Low: 75F Chance of Precip.: 60% Special Notices: None
Gainesville: High: 84F Low: 72F Chance of Precip.: 60% Special Notices: None
Tallahassee: High: 89F Low: 73F Chance of Precip.: 60% Special Notices: None
Panama City: High: 90F Low: 74F Chance of Precip.: 30% Special Notices: None
Pensacola: High: 88F Low: 76F Chance of Precip.: 20% Special Notices: None
Mobile: High: 89F Low: 73F Chance of Precip.: 40% Special Notices: None
Biloxi: High: 89F Low: 73F Chance of Precip.: 20% Special Notices: None
Baton Rouge: High: 92F Low: 74F Chance of Precip.: 10% Special Notices: None
New Orleans: High: 88F Low: 78F Chance of Precip.: 50% Special Notices: None
Beaumont: High: 91F Low: 75F Chance of Precip.: 20% Special Notices: None

DISCLAIMER: as a work of fiction, any references or likenesses towards any real person are purely coincidental or satirical.

Questions? Praise? Hate? Direct it to the link below!
https://forms.gle/1ezLgR3G6Fwx6g99A

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »

Did PSOL really say this... ? That DA + Feds are nazi's and that he used Koopa. And that he should have put forward a harder line towards me instead of me letting choose. That sounds like a dictator in spe. My respect for him has gone down by a lot because of that. What the  is wrong with this game. I just want to have a fun time. I've no intention to ruin someone's reputation or whatever. Now i understand why Koopa left.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 01:50:34 PM »

Did PSOL really say this... ? That DA + Feds are nazi's and that he used Koopa. And that he should have put forward a harder line towards me instead of me letting choose. That sounds like a dictator in spe. My respect for him has gone down by a lot because of that. What the  is wrong with this game. I just want to have a fun time. I've no intention to ruin someone's reputation or whatever. Now i understand why Koopa left.
he didn't outright say that, but he made some pretty crazy statements.

So let me state that it was my intention to stab FED+DA every single step of the way...

Let me also say I was shocked that my grade A speech on usurping the left didn’t convince him. Like for love of god, would the PVDA join forces with the Nazis? I should have instituted a hard line instead of letting him choose.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 01:56:46 PM »

Admittedly I was off my rocker last night. Still brah, you flying by my Oscar speech was whack.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2020, 06:25:55 PM »

Our first guest panel! Featuring Councilman Ninja and Fmr. MFP Koopa! Recorded last night so some new developments weren't discussed.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2020, 05:26:55 PM »

Planning on making another panel in the coming days on the results of the NPC elections. Originally it was planned for tonight but schoolwork has made that an unlikely possibility.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »

The only day I would be available for such would be Tuesday or a Saturday, in case I forgot to mention that last night on discord.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2020, 11:32:22 PM »

The only day I would be available for such would be Tuesday or a Saturday, in case I forgot to mention that last night on discord.
We could probably do it Tuesday night after the debates if that works out bets.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2020, 12:36:09 AM »

Second guest panel is up! This time featuring Del. Koopa, MC Ninja, and Fmr. Green Chair T'Chenka!

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2020, 12:26:28 PM »

Sadly, I wasn't able to get back in front of the computers in time.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2020, 07:01:17 PM »

THE PANEL FOR THOSE IN A HURRY/THE BIG MOMENTS

DA Vice-Chair Ninja decries Labor attacks
Quote from: Ninja ~3:15
Of course, I think the 'Dishonest Alliance' thing's a load of malarkey...
There's a lot of issues that the DA is bringing up, like with infrastructure and criminal justice reform, which Labor hasn't, and the idea that we're these new people trying to steal votes by saying nice things with nothing to back them up is honestly a bit absurd...

Ninja says DA shouldn't support either party unconditionally
Quote from: Ninja ~11:30
So if you held a gun to my head and asked me to choose a side to support... I'd probably choose the Federalists... but as far as policy goes, I would not direct the MPs and Senators to vote with either bloc because we're willing to work with either party, including those we're critical of.

Koopa vows to campaign hard in upcoming Local elections
Quote from: Koopa ~39:45
The Peace Party will fight hard in the NPC elections. It will fight hard and do anything it can to ensure Peace victories all across the map. We're gonna campaign hard in Texas, Guam, Vermont, Utah, all of those states. And we're gonna redeem ourselves as a legitimate political party... and that it's not just Labor's sock puppet.

T'Chenka gives "Anti-Endorsement" of Labor
Quote from: T'Chenka ~44:45
...and as a no-longer Atlasian player, I'm gonna put my independent vote against Labor for the upcoming Presidential Election. MB's a really good guy, but I'd like to see some change.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2020, 07:05:54 PM »

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2020

Crimson Wave: Labor Sweeps Almost All Races, DA Suspiciously Quiet
By Weatherboy

The elections held this month were a bloodbath, resulting in a red tide of labor wins across the board, only losing one gubernatorial race in Maine. Although many will point to this month's very favorable races for Labor as one of the driving forces for victory, it can not be the only factor leading to the landslide that was delivered to Labor. Indeed, many among the opposition were hardly seen this month, leading some to assume that morale completely broke down among the opposition.

Most notably, the Democratic Alliance was nearly nonexistant during the campaign, with only one event in Delaware. Internal sources suggest that the bad slate caused DA morale to plummet further, resulting in little attention brought to the NPC elections. However, some in Labor have privately voiced concerns that DA might be planning something big for this month, especially as competitive states like Connecticut and Georgia are on the table...

Sanction Fast Food Act Fails, but Why Did it Pass at All? (OPINION PIECE)
By Weatherboy

The Sanction Fast Food Act failed a public vote this weekend, despite early concerns of it passing. Already a majority of the food industry, from major food chains to local diners had advised a no vote on the bill, citing its extremely high taxes on salt and other items. The bill had passed the Lincoln Assembly, with Laborites supporting the bill despite public outcry. Governor R2D2 vetoed the bill, which sent it to referendum, where it failed by a massive margin.

The question I ask is why did Labor allow it to pass at all? A party that claims to be "for the people" should not have supported this in any way. I am glad that the Governor had the common sense to reject this overreaching measure, but the fact that the Laborites in the Council wished to have this extreme measure passed is inexcusable.

Daytona Beach Man Arrested After Break-in On Stream
By Weatherboy

Chaos erupted when streamer Charlie Reid, also known as Bathtub_Dane, who has been banned from twitch.tv after numerous incidents of unmoderated racism by his viewers, was attacked Sunday night live on YouTube livestream. At approximately 8:58 PM, a window shattered in a room off camera. Reid reportedly took his handgun out and went off camera before a scream could be heard and several gunshots rang out. Police were called and the intruder was arrested after they were found, shot but in stable condition. Little information is known about the intruder. Reid was banned from YouTube after the incident, although he has appealed the decision.

This is a developing story.

TODAY'S WEATHER
Tampa: High: 56F Low: 40F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Gainesville: High: 51F Low: 30F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Tallahassee: High: 50F Low: 29F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Panama City: High: 52F Low: 30F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Pensacola: High: 54F Low: 35F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Mobile: High: 53F Low: 30F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Biloxi: High: 55F Low: 34F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Baton Rouge: High: 58F Low: 34F Chance of Precip.: 10% Special Notices: None
New Orleans: High: 54F Low: 36F Chance of Precip.: 10% Special Notices: None
Beaumont: High: 59F Low: 51F Chance of Precip.: 30% Special Notices: None

DISCLAIMER: as a work of fiction, any references or likenesses towards any real person are purely coincidental or satirical.

FairBol
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2020, 01:30:35 AM »

Yo Weatherboy, you need another writer? I can do fictional sports, or something kind of like that. 
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2020, 12:54:36 AM »

Yo Weatherboy, you need another writer? I can do fictional sports, or something kind of like that. 
A bit late responding, but that'd be nice! Just PM me stories and I'll add them in.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2020, 03:17:06 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2020, 12:12:37 PM by Newest Inductee Into the Fetterman Cult »

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2020

NPC Elections Deliver Wins for Opposition Outside of Fremont
By Weatherboy

Map of the results. 30% means divided government, 50% means Gov+Both Chambers Minority, 70% means Gov+1 chamber Maj, 1 chamber Min, and 90% means Gov+Both Chambers Majority. Hawaii represents Atlasian Samoa.

After an easy win for Labor last month, many expected their dominance to continue into the December elections. However, it appears that this was not to be as Labor saw very few bright spots outside of Fremont, where they won OR, NV, and MN quite easily. However Minnesota only delivered a majority to Labor in one chamber, a somewhat embarrassing situation in the home state of Fmr. President Pericles. However it is likely the Senators from Peace will cooperate with Labor, delivering them a narrow majority in that chamber. Atlasian Samoa saw a big push from Laborites including FM Truman, but despite this saw them countered in the Senate, with Labor tied with the DA and Liberals.

Lincoln saw a flurry of events in Ohio, a state DA targeted very early with Chair Ninja engaging in a tour of the state. However the momentum did not carry, with Russell Brown narrowly beating Tom Glenn 52-48. Still, it is a big win for DA after they were shown in a close contest for 2nd with the Federalists and Liberals. Connecticut saw little activity and was seen as a DA lock, which it proved to be, although they will have to work with another party, potentially the Liberals, to get a majority in both chambers.

The South, however, was where Labor saw some of its greatest disappointments. In Arkansas, Delegate Koopa was expected to lock up the state for Peace, but in the end saw a razor-thin 50-49 margin for Governor, as well as minorities in both chambers. In all likelihood, they will team up with Labor, but even then will see extremely narrow majorities in both chambers.

Tennessee was a state that saw very little activity as well, and it delivered for the Federalists, including strong majorities in both chambers, and almost a win on the first round for Governor.

Houston saw numerous figures, including now Vice Presidential hopeful Scott, campaign. However Labor was disappointed here again with a narrow loss, 50-49.

Finally, Georgia delivered one of the oddest results in Atlasia, with a divided government. Fmr. President WB campaigned extensively throughout the state, meanwhile Laborites including Rep-Elect Lee Harvey Updike also campaigned in the final days of the campaign. However Updike's inflammatory, sometimes grossly false statements on the trail may have led to what happened next: A third place Labor finish in the homeland of Adam Griffin. Labor dropped double digits between the opening of the campaign and the results. DA candidate Johnathan Miller narrowly secured a big win for the party, 51-49 against the Federalists. However in the chamber Federalists hold a strong minority. In all likelihood, DA will cooperate with them in the state, although an extremely odd proposition of a DA-LAB-PAX coalition is also possible, although highly unlikely.

In all, most parties can celebrate wins, especially DA after the disastrous November results. Next month shall see the first governments trying to win re-election, but whether they can or not remains to be seen.

Local Man: I'm Not a Furry, I Just Like Disney's Robin Hood
By Weatherboy

A local man has been quoted as saying repeatedly that he is not a furry despite being caught browsing furry sites multiple times. When questioned he stated "No I'm not one of those degenerates, I just like the style. It reminds me of movies I watched when I was younger". How long before he accepts his fate is uncertain.

TODAY'S WEATHER
Tampa: High: 75F Low: 55F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Gainesville: High: 70F Low: 45F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Tallahassee: High: 69F Low: 41F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Panama City: High: 68F Low: 48F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Pensacola: High: 67F Low: 48F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Mobile: High:67F Low: 45F Chance of Precip.: 0% Special Notices: None
Biloxi: High: 66F Low: 47F Chance of Precip.: 20% Special Notices: None
Baton Rouge: High: 68F Low: 50F Chance of Precip.: 10% Special Notices: None
New Orleans: High: 67F Low: 54F Chance of Precip.: 10% Special Notices: None
Beaumont: High: 71F Low: 57F Chance of Precip.: 10% Special Notices: None

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2020, 11:57:54 AM »

Color in Oregon, goddammit! That was our widest win of the cycle.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2020, 12:12:58 PM »

Color in Oregon, goddammit! That was our widest win of the cycle.
Not sure how I missed that
FairBol
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2020, 06:16:35 PM »

A bit late responding, but that'd be nice! Just PM me stories and I'll add them in.

As usual, I totally forgot about this...but I'll work on some stuff.  Smiley
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2020, 08:28:52 PM »

UPDATE: MINNESOTA MACHINE ERROR FOUND, UPDATED COUNT HAS LAB-PAX WITHOUT STATE SENATE MAJORITY

An error in Hennepin County voting machines was found earlier this morning, where Peace received an extremely high number of votes. After thorough analysis it was found that the machines were incorrectly marking Liberal and DA ballots for Peace. Luckily this issue was only within Hennepin County, and was rectified speedily. This resulted in a major shakeup for the LAB-PAX potential coalition, as the new results put the two parties combined without a majority in the State Senate, only controlling 37 of 80 seats. Who Labor may partner with is unclear.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2021, 10:16:33 AM »

Hey all, the GCS is glad to put out their first poll, taking over from where StormTV left off!

https://forms.gle/tUygMXWsvxmuVwmV9

Please answer whenever you can!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »

The poll's not showing up for me.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2021, 03:09:17 PM »

Voted.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2021, 06:10:16 PM »

Voted!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2021, 06:24:50 PM »

try it again, should be working now I believe
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2021, 05:59:10 PM »

The poll has 29 responses so far, let's get some more guys!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies