Attention All Governors (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:57:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attention All Governors (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attention All Governors  (Read 3150 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 26, 2004, 12:12:19 AM »

According to the Constitutional amendment which will without any doubt be passed, you the Governors are responsible for creating new districts for the purpose of Senatorial elections:

"Districts will be redrawn by the governors in the event of a disparity in voter allocation between the districts."

Get to work, guys!!!!!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 11:45:36 AM »

Both you guys need to learn to count.

Wildcards original list has 20 in D2 (not 16), and 17 in D5 (not 18).  Total = 92.

D1 = 23
D2 = 20
D3 = 16
D4 = 16
D5 = 17

Gov. Nick G proposes putting New Jersey in D1 instead of New York.  This would make D1 non-contiguous, but the total is 18 (New England states + New Jersey).

New York + Pennsylvania is 19, not 18.  There are 9 in PA.

Moving Ohio, WV, and IN to D3 puts 19 in D3, you are correct.

Moving MD and DC (and I assume Delaware) to D4 gives that district 19, then putting New Mexico (WMS) in D5 gives both 18.

Nicks proposal:
D1= 18
D2 = 19
D3 = 19
D4 = 18
D5 = 18
Total = 92

This works out great numbers-wise, the only problem is New Jersey not being contiguous with New England.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 03:51:54 PM »

Another problem I see- Nick's plan puts Beet and StatesRights in the same district.  If they both want to run for re-election, they would have to run against each other.  Incidentally, Harry and Michael Z would also both be from that district.

There is not currently a Senator from Nick's district 1 (New England/New Jersey).

I suppose situations like this happen all the time in real life, when Congressional districts get redrawn.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 02:06:56 AM »

From Governor NickG:

Governors, did we ever have a final resolution to the districts for this election?  

Someone please post a map of the districts that will be in effect for the upcoming election.  Some of the proposed re-districtings put Beet and StatesRights in the same district, and had a district with no incumbent (New Jersey-New England).

I think we will just have to use the regions as they exist now for this election.  There is a map in the "office holders" thread.

From Governor Wildcard:
read Gustaf's latest post in the Constitution sticky thread it sounds like it says all senators will be lected from districs to wouldn't that mean Mike is in Beet's district?

Now, if I read these correctly, NickG says we will use the regions map for the next election, whereas Wildcard says we will use the district map.

So which one is it?  And does Ilikeverin or GWBFan have anything to say?   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies