opinion of the KY couple on house arrest for not signing quarantine documents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:08:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  opinion of the KY couple on house arrest for not signing quarantine documents
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: opinion of the KY couple on house arrest for not signing quarantine documents
FF

I get it, but I don't know if I support them as they are kind of kooky

meh

lean HP

HP

haters vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: opinion of the KY couple on house arrest for not signing quarantine documents  (Read 347 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2020, 06:28:31 AM »

link-local
A Hardin County couple is now on house arrest after one of them tested positive for COVID-19 and decided not to sign documents agreeing to self-quarantine.

Last week, Elizabeth Linscott got tested for the COVID-19 because she was planning to visit her parents in Michigan.

“My grandparents wanted to see me, too,” Linscott said. “So just to make sure if they tested negative, that they would be OK, everything would be fine.”

After testing positive but without showing any symptoms, Linscott said the health department contacted her and requested she sign documents that will limit her traveling anywhere unless she calls the health department first. She said she chose to not sign the documents.

“My part was if I have to go to the ER, if I have to go to the hospital, I’m not going to wait to get the approval to go,” she said.

But Linscott said she would take necessary precautions if she needed to go to the hospital, like letting workers know she has recently tested positive for COVID-19.

A couple of days after she denied signing the Self-isolation and Controlled Movement Agreed Order, Linscott said the Hardin County Sheriff’s Department arrived at her home without warning. Her husband, Isaiah, was home.

”I open up the door and there’s like eight different people,” he said. “Five different cars and I’m like what the heck’s going on? This guy’s in a suit with a mask, it’s the health department guy and he has three different papers for us. For me, her and my daughter."

The couple was ordered to wear ankle monitors. If they travel more than 200 feet, law enforcement will be notified.

“We didn’t rob a store, we didn’t steal something, we didn’t hit and run, we didn’t do anything wrong,” Elizabeth Linscott said.

The couple said they never denied self-quarantining, they just didn’t agree with the wording of the documents..

”That’s exactly what the Director of the Public Health Department told the judge, that I was refusing to self-quarantine because of this and that was not the case at all,” Linscott said. “I never said that.”
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:38:12 AM »

I think it's pretty axiomatic that this wasn't a situation where the cops needed to be knocking on her door, but at the same time I'm not sure the couple really properly dictated what their concern was and therefore it just seems unfortunate. Voted "meh".
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »

“I will do my best to stay home, as I do every other time I get sick. But I cannot comply with having to call the public health department every time that I need to go out and do something."

Linscott's written response to the formal request from the Health Department.

Sounds like a voice of reason.  Lean FF. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 12:11:47 AM »

Fantastic way to discourage people from getting tested.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies