House Resolution: Amendment to Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:51:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Resolution: Amendment to Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Resolution: Amendment to Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution (Debating)  (Read 798 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« on: July 21, 2020, 11:11:50 PM »

Personally, I don’t have a problem with the current system. I think that right now third parties are represented roughly in proportion to their appeal — for example, DA is likely to have the numbers to elect a Congressman in August. I also have concerns about a sort of security dilemma: one party running a bunch of crummy candidates to inflate the size of the House, and the other party doing the same, resulting in a House with lots of crummy legislators. However, I’ll keep an open mind on the amendment as we debate.

I would be particularly interested in hearing the opinions of other party leaders who handle House recruiting re: how they think this would affect gameplay.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 12:49:24 PM »

Anything more to say on this, guys? It's been a month.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies