Argentina General Discussion 🇦🇷 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:13:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Argentina General Discussion 🇦🇷 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you have voted for president in 2019?
Fernández (Todos)

Macri (JxC)

Lavagna (CF)

del Caño (FIT)

Centurión (NOS)

Espert (Unite)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Argentina General Discussion 🇦🇷  (Read 12359 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: December 30, 2020, 04:25:07 PM »

For fun, here is a map of how the vote went that I did myself (click to enlarge)

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 08:37:12 PM »

Looks like Argentina has taken diplomatic pettiness to a new level: the official statistics on confirmed cases etc include numbers from Falk- er, nuestras Islas Malvinas lmao

This reminds me of this Argentinian children's show I found once and which I found hilarious Tongue

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 06:47:09 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2021, 06:52:11 PM by tack50 »

Huh, I find it interesting that Argentina's legislature (the lower chamber at least) is elected so similarly to our parliament, with even the same exact problems.

I will note however that in theory if you believe the meme tier polls that have the libertarians polling at 15% or so (which I will admit it is a big stretch); that all kind of implodes much like how it imploded here after 2015.

From a quick read, Argentina's smallest provinces seem to give out 5 seats; so in any given province the main duel would be between a 3-2 result and a 2-2-1 result. (or perhaps a 3-1-1 result in particular strongholds)

Incidentally, 15% was what Vox got in November 2020 here and they got representation in provinces with as few as 5 seats (Cantabria's 2-1-1-1 for example); 4 seats (Leon's 2-1-1) and even in some cases in provinces with only 3 seats! (Zamora's 1-1-1)

Of course, with those numbers you start losing seats very fast with only small drops in your % of the vote. So while Vox with 15% managed to get 52 seats; Cs with 12% in 2016 managed only 32 seats and IU in 1996 with 10% managed only a mere 21 seats.

So for Espert's libertarians it will matter a lot whether they are at 15% (which would give them a chance in most of Argentina's provinces), at 10% (which would give them a fighting chance only in the top 7 provinces plus perhaps a couple of particular strongholds in provincial Argentina) or at 5% (which would give them a chance only in CABA, Buenos Aires province, Córdoba and Santa Fe)

This gets accentuated since I imagine the libertarians are only really popular in the rich parts of Greater Buenos Aires and any other big Argentinian cities but not really in rural areas?

Edit: I am dumb and didn't notice Argentina also has staggered elections. Yeah, with the number of seats cut in half, even if lolbertarians polled at 15% they'd have a tough time basically everywhere. They only really have a chance in the big 4 of BS, CABA, Santa Fe and Córdoba; with chances anywhere else linked to having a big local caudillo or getting insanely popular nationwide (like 20% or more)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 04:54:39 AM »

I cannot believe that the president of Argentina unironically used the "Argentina is white" meme. Like come on lmao

You know you messed up when even Bolsonaro gets to laugh at you

I know that the country is in a recession, so he had to jerk off Pedro Sanchez a bit, but I'm still baffled he actually said that

Advice to Alberto Fernández: Next time you are trying to seek international investment, try talking to a country that has disposable income in the first place Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 01:22:26 PM »

A very rambling speech, the Brazil part barely is heard (I had to watch it twice to hear it well), but it's a perfect example of a political speech where he talks a lot and says nothing.

"pero particularmente también soy un europeista, soy alguien que cree en Europa"

I think he's saying he wants to run to replace Charles Michel.

Perhaps the EU should offer a trade deal. Admit Argentina to the EU in exchange for kicking out Hungary and Poland or something like that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies