Argentina General Discussion 🇦🇷 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:06:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Argentina General Discussion 🇦🇷 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you have voted for president in 2019?
Fernández (Todos)

Macri (JxC)

Lavagna (CF)

del Caño (FIT)

Centurión (NOS)

Espert (Unite)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Argentina General Discussion 🇦🇷  (Read 12385 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 31, 2020, 06:50:44 PM »

This is a sad step backwards on human rights in Argentina, but one which I believe will soon be overturned.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 07:28:01 PM »

So awful for Argentina to join the developed countries and leave the company of anti-abortion human rights paradises, such as Iran, Saudi Arabia and other authoritarian theocracies or with lots of religion presence.
Measuring how good something is by who does it is seriously fallacious. For example, Eisenhower joined the ranks of Mussolini, Hitler, and Franco in putting huge amounts of money to road building.

Religion is something that should stay very far away from politics.
As I have made clear many times, though not on this forum, I was raised in & rejected fundamentalist Christianity at a very young age. For a long time, I fallaciously used this rejection to justify my opposition to any point of fundamentalist Christianity, although these evangelicals gave hundreds of sermons on gay marriage and trans people and none on abortion.

To allege that any policy supported by a group more religious than its opponents is wrong headed bigotry. Such a fallacious allegation could be used to argue for slavery or eugenics, or against the civil rights movement almost entirely led, organized, and made up of the Black Church.

Further debate on the topic is more appropriate for another forum, but to fallaciously smear me as some religious fundamentalist is not merely immoral - it is factually incorrect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies