My KttWH Interest Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:28:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  My KttWH Interest Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My KttWH Interest Thread  (Read 258 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2020, 09:32:39 PM »

So, as most of the factors which I believed would force me to hold off until August to start my KttWH game have now either dissipated or proven not to be nearly so intensive as I'd expected, I've now got time to start it. The premise is as follows:

• The executive branch now consists of the king (elected for life by both chambers of Congress [i.e. must pass through both chambers by a majority vote]; likely to change to a popular vote once that stops being viewed as mob rule) and the prime minister (elected in the same way as an OTL president, except early on each elector only gets one vote). Prime Minister appoints a deputy upon taking off, but unlike our timeline, said deputy does not need to be from a different state than prime minister. This deputy is effectively vice president.
  • King is Head of State and Commander-in-Chief; Prime Minister is Head of Government.
  • While impeachment and overriding of veto against the Prime Minister are the same as OTL president, the king holds absolute veto power, but can be ousted by what's known as the doctrine of sic semper tyrannis, wherein a vote of three quarters of both chambers of Congress (or a two thirds vote in both chambers backed up by a simple majority of Supreme Court Justices) accusing the king of "tyranny, incapacity to fulfill his duties, treason, bribery, or high crimes and misdemeanors" will result in the king being overthrown and a new one being elected.
  • Everything else is pretty much the same.

George Washington was chosen as the first King of the United States by the Convention, and the game opens following his coronation in April of 1788. Factions are beginning to form around prominent figures such as John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, but they are both small and fluid enough to easily be swayed. As such, many other prominent (and, perhaps, not so initially prominent) figures are considering launching their own factions.

There will also be, due to the length of the game, an immigration mechanic. While no one can be kept out of the United States in this way, and no one who would be a monarch or noble lord/lady would be able to be brought to America in this way, I believe this could result in some amusing scenarios arising.

I'll probably launch in the next few days if I see decent support.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 09:41:16 PM »

This one doesn't appeal to me.

If you want to do a more traditional U.S election game, I'd be interested in either co-modding or playing, however.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 09:44:45 PM »

This one doesn't appeal to me.

If you want to do a more traditional U.S election game, I'd be interested in either co-modding or playing, however.

Kind of burnt out on regular games for right now, but I'll probably go back to them later.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 04:28:57 AM »

Looks interesting. I'm in.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 02:17:00 PM »

I am definitely interested, although i will have to see if i will be able to handle it alongside all the other stuff i am doing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies