The Popular Times: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:36:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Popular Times: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Popular Times:  (Read 2699 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: September 06, 2020, 06:37:16 PM »

If anyone should be excluded, it's the regional parties, which are basically just vanity projects and/or memes and always have been. (I say this as the proud founder and president of Fianna Frémont.)
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:02:28 AM »

If anyone should be excluded, it's the regional parties, which are basically just vanity projects and/or memes and always have been. (I say this as the proud founder and president of Fianna Frémont.)
I remember after the NPC elections started, a lot of people started to found regional parties and have their own NPC election thread before they realized that they could ally with their national parties.
You know you just made my point for me, right?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 11:42:56 PM »

When was the last time before me that an independent was elected to Parliament?

Funnily I now feel a sort of obligation to let my more conservative side be prominent to give a greater veneer of credibility to this Parliament... but I don't think I will actually do that.
Independents have been a pretty regular presence in parliament since it's inception; as Tack notes, Siren has served as an independent MFP since winning her by-election; before her, ASV served as an independent for several terms. Before him, Devout Centrist was an the last independent MFP chosen in a general election. So far YE is the only first minister to be elected without a federal party affiliation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies