Quinnipiac: Biden +15
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:10:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Quinnipiac: Biden +15
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Biden +15  (Read 5929 times)
Yoda
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »

Very, very flawed candidate running a VERY flawed campaign guys. Maggie told me so.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2020, 03:31:07 PM »

Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2020, 03:32:59 PM »

If Biden's lead just keeps on widening, maybe there's a realistic (but probably still slim) chance that Trump won't be the Republican nominee after all.

The GOP would never do that. Despite Trump's poor overall numbers, he still galvanizes a large portion of the base - who would likely sit out if he's replaced.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »

If Biden's lead just keeps on widening, maybe there's a realistic (but probably still slim) chance that Trump won't be the Republican nominee after all.

The GOP would never do that. Despite Trump's poor overall numbers, he still galvanizes a large portion of the base - who would likely sit out if he's replaced.

I could imagine Trump removing his name from consideration at the convention, forcing the RNC to nominate Pence, in order to avoid going down in a historic landslide defeat. But that would require him being able to recognize the trouble he's in, and I think he's to narcissistic to realize he's is going to lose (and bigly).
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »

So basically, would the republicans like to get hit with one brick or with four bricks? If Gravis and OANN can only rate Texas as Trump +2, they better put on a helmet.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2020, 03:36:06 PM »

Trump would literally endorse Biden out of spite if the party ejected him from the nomination.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »

Trump would literally endorse Biden out of spite if the party ejected him from the nomination.

Stripping him of the nomination would result in a 1912 style disaster.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2020, 03:42:34 PM »

Stripping him of the nomination would result in a 1912 style disaster.

I wonder where (if anywhere) Trump could win as a write-in candidate.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2020, 03:45:15 PM »

I could imagine Trump removing his name from consideration at the convention, forcing the RNC to nominate Pence, in order to avoid going down in a historic landslide defeat. But that would require him being able to recognize the trouble he's in, and I think he's to narcissistic to realize he's is going to lose (and bigly).

It wouldn't happen.  The Republican Party of today is fanatical and delusional and slavishly devoted to Trump.  Which makes an electoral wipeout quite probable.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »

I'm starting to think polarization might be weakening due to all the cr@p going on with covid, the economy and civil unrest and Trump is acting like everything is perfectly fine.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2020, 03:46:53 PM »

Is this the most Biden has ever led Trump thus far?

He led Trump by 16 points in August of last year. That one was Quinnipiac too.

At this rate of improvement, Trump might have a chance to win if this race drags on to 2032.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2020, 03:55:11 PM »

Trash it. They didn’t poll boaters.
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2020, 04:08:48 PM »

Trash it. They didn’t poll boaters.

"If they're not on a boat, my campaign is still gonna float." -Donald Trump 2020
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »

Biden is up 17 with white women. Wowzers.

I've mentioned her before and it's totally anecdotal, but the elderly lady who lives across the street from my parents hasn't voted for a Democrat since Kennedy (IIRC).  She's planning on voting for Biden ("I like Joe Biden", "Trump lies and lies", etc. etc.)

Again, purely anecdotal and not meant to indicate a trend by itself, but when we combine that along with Biden's polling numbers, I have to think there are more like her.  

I've seen a bit of this happening in my area as well. I'm not sure why all of these older voters have waited until now to finally wake up, but I'm not complaining.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »

Biden is up 17 with white women. Wowzers.

I've mentioned her before and it's totally anecdotal, but the elderly lady who lives across the street from my parents hasn't voted for a Democrat since Kennedy (IIRC).  She's planning on voting for Biden ("I like Joe Biden", "Trump lies and lies", etc. etc.)

Again, purely anecdotal and not meant to indicate a trend by itself, but when we combine that along with Biden's polling numbers, I have to think there are more like her.  

I've seen a bit of this happening in my area as well. I'm not sure why all of these older voters have waited until now to finally wake up, but I'm not complaining.

Self-interest. The Republicans would only have come for their healthcare last.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »

I'm starting to think polarization might be weakening due to all the cr@p going on with covid, the economy and civil unrest and Trump is acting like everything is perfectly fine.

It's difficult to remain a devout, tribal partisan when your leader is trying to kill you.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »

Very, very flawed candidate running a VERY flawed campaign guys. Maggie told me so.

Maggie really should've had to answer for that statement.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2020, 05:08:11 PM »

I don't believe these double digit leads until I start seeing some polls asking how many people are actually going to show up if the pandemic continues to worsen.
EJ24
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2020, 05:11:06 PM »

NUT
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2020, 05:31:19 PM »

I don't believe these double digit leads until I start seeing some polls asking how many people are actually going to show up if the pandemic continues to worsen.

There is this thing called "vote-by-mail".

Have you heard of it?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2020, 05:37:43 PM »

Have you heard of it?

A lot of key states have Republican courts and legislatures--you think they're going to actually allow people to vote without having to risk their lives in the process?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »

Hey, perhaps people will be right about the polls tightening by the debates after all. We might be at Biden+10 by then
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2020, 06:03:52 PM »

Have you heard of it?

A lot of key states have Republican courts and legislatures--you think they're going to actually allow people to vote without having to risk their lives in the process?

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2020, 06:36:25 PM »

It would be a major silver lining of Trump's presidency if this happens. Fingers crossed!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2020, 08:03:54 PM »

Yeah okay QU
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to: