TX-Gravis/OANN: Trump +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:22:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  TX-Gravis/OANN: Trump +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-Gravis/OANN: Trump +2  (Read 1266 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2020, 05:39:53 PM »

Trump - 46%
Biden - 44%

Trump Approval:
Strongly Approve - 40%
Somewhat Approve - 14%
Somewhat Disapprove - 9%
Strongly Disapprove - 36%

https://www.oann.com/president-trump-carries-momentum-in-new-oan-gravis-marketing-poll-for-texas-georgia/
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 05:41:53 PM »

Shook. If OANN is only releasing good Trump polls, and Gravis only has it at Trump +2, then Trump is probably truly in trouble here.

Though that approval (54/45) makes absolutely no sense
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 05:48:08 PM »

Run that by me again?
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »

Shook. If OANN is only releasing good Trump polls, and Gravis only has it at Trump +2, then Trump is probably truly in trouble here.

That's what I was wondering. Imagine thinking this poll makes Trump look good. If Trump is +2 in Texas, he's definitely lost Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Arizona (at least).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 06:13:52 PM »

Actually fairly reasonable, still bad for Trump though. And it gets even worse when accounting for the Trump bias.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 06:16:19 PM »

Is this based on the number of yard signs—the only true indicator of a candidate’s support?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 06:26:52 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2020, 07:15:00 PM by Monstro »

Awaiting the user that actually uses this poll to prove Texas is Fools Gold or not worth spending a nickel in.

"Perhaps it'll be ready in 2024, but best not to even try"
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 06:32:21 PM »

Anyone with Texas at Lean R remains a ~coward~
psychprofessor

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 06:43:00 PM »

As a Gen Xer seeing Texas as a battleground state that has the possibility to vote Democratic is very...surreal. I don't think it has really registered that this is a toss up.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 07:50:05 PM »

That's what I was wondering. Imagine thinking this poll makes Trump look good. If Trump is +2 in Texas, he's definitely lost Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Arizona (at least).

Are we STILL doing the “Wisconsin will definitely be to the right of Arizona“ meme? STILL? Even after all the polling clearly showing Biden doing better in WI?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 08:49:48 PM »

OANN says Trump is carrying momentum in Texas.

President Trump Carries Momentum In New OAN-Gravis Marketing Poll For Texas & Georgia

With less than four months to go until election night, President Trump is carrying momentum with key voters in must-win states of Texas and Georgia.

https://www.oann.com/president-trump-carries-momentum-in-new-oan-gravis-marketing-poll-for-texas-georgia/

Hmm.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 09:13:27 PM »

Awaiting the user that actually uses this poll to prove Texas is Fools Gold or not worth spending a nickel in.

"Perhaps it'll be ready in 2024, but best not to even try"

TX and GA when they flip are probably going the way of VA. The Democratic strength with minorities and white suburbanites is only going to get worse for the GOP.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »

Lol A Republican internal only showing Trump up 2? Anyone who says TX is fool’s gold shouldn’t be taken seriously.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 04:09:16 AM »

OANN says Trump is carrying momentum in Texas.

President Trump Carries Momentum In New OAN-Gravis Marketing Poll For Texas & Georgia

With less than four months to go until election night, President Trump is carrying momentum with key voters in must-win states of Texas and Georgia.

Hmm.

Nothing says momentum for a Republican candidate like being barely ahead in Texas.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 04:23:10 AM »

Biden needs to focus on winning FL, AZ, NC which pretty much were the 3 percent margin of error difference along with WI, MI and PA that Gary Johnson took from Hilary, that gave  Trump the election.

Hegar is not a Castro that can defeat Cornyn, she is losing by 8 pts to Cornyn. Hegar isnt Greenfield either
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 04:24:23 AM »

Biden needs to focus on winning FL, AZ, NC which pretty much were the 3 percent margin of error difference along with WI, MI and PA that Gary Johnson took from Hilary, that gave  Trump the election.

Hegar is not a Castro that can defeat Cornyn, she is losing by 8 pts to Cornyn. Hegar isnt Greenfield either

It's a good thing then that Hegar isn't Biden and Biden isn't Hegar
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 11:09:57 AM »

+2 on a OANN poll??? You're messing with me right? That is double NO BUENO if true. If Trump can only manage +2 in TX on the biggest suckup pollster then Biden is going to win places like CA and MA by +35
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 11:27:46 AM »

So can we accept that Texas is now officially a toss-up? I'll admit, it took me a while to fully process this because it's Texas, the quintessential red state. The idea of a blue Texas just seemed too good to be true. And now it seems like everyday we see a new poll out from Texas showing Biden either ahead, or just slightly behind.

If Texas flips this year, Democrats will be safe or competitive in the 15 largest states in terms of electoral votes, while the GOP will be safe in none and competitive in only arguably 8. The largest safe GOP state will be Tennessee, with all 11 electoral votes. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but we seem to be witnessing the death of a party.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2020, 11:33:22 AM »

If Texas flips this year, Democrats will be safe or competitive in the 15 largest states in terms of electoral votes, while the GOP will be safe in none and competitive in only arguably 8. The largest safe GOP state will be Tennessee, with all 11 electoral votes. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but we seem to be witnessing the death of a party.

The GOP will need to do a lot of soul-searching after the election if Texas actually goes blue. In 2022, I think they'll try to be a lot more aggressive in promoting less Trumpy candidates for everything from dog catcher to Senate.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 12:32:02 PM »

The GOP will need to do a lot of soul-searching after the election if Texas actually goes blue. In 2022, I think they'll try to be a lot more aggressive in promoting less Trumpy candidates for everything from dog catcher to Senate.

Of course they'll try, but I think it will take more than two years to bring the Trump cult kicking and screaming back into reality land. The vast majority of GOP voters are still very much with Trump, and while some of them will look back with introspection and realize how out of touch they were, others will allege voter fraud and seek to elect garbage far-right populists in primaries. Not to mention, Trump has managed to make the GOP brand absolutely toxic among so many former Republicans, especially because of Covid. Rebuilding a party brand can take some time.

I think it will take a one-two punch of bad 2022 midterm results, and losing the 2024 Presidential election to whoever Biden picks as his VP, for the GOP to finally abandon Trumpism for good.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »

Trump +2 in an OANN poll has me more optimistic than Biden +4 in any other poll.

Lean R. But check back in a month - if the same, it’s tossup territory
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2020, 03:19:39 PM »

Beto must be kicking himself that he didn't run for senate again.
Pulaski

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2020, 09:35:30 AM »

Wowee. I was sceptical of Texas before COVID, but if I'm Biden's team I'm going in hard on the state now. Just think, we wouldn't even need to worry about Wisconsin (or Michigan, or Pennsylvania, or Florida...)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies