IA (Spry Strategies, American Principles) - Greenfield +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:10:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  IA (Spry Strategies, American Principles) - Greenfield +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA (Spry Strategies, American Principles) - Greenfield +2  (Read 762 times)
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2020, 06:05:17 PM »

This is a Republican internal.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 06:08:52 PM »

Lol, if Ernst can't lead in her own internals, she's in an even worse spot than I thought, this remains a tossup, but even though I'm a skeptic on Iowa in general, I'm starting to warm to the idea that Greenfield is a favorite, right now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 06:09:58 PM »

Good news, Greenfield great fit for IA
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 06:17:57 PM »

Ernst just seems like a horrible fit for IA, and it's starting to feel like she got increasingly lucky against a bad opponent in 2014.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 06:19:07 PM »

The fact the Trump is down 2 in a R internal is even worse. At this point it’s more likely that Biden gets 400EVs than Trump gets re-elected.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »

Same pollster has Trump down 2 in Iowa and up 5 in Michigan, so I don't buy anything they're putting out.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 07:19:41 PM »

Same pollster has Trump down 2 in Iowa and up 5 in Michigan, so I don't buy anything they're putting out.

They also 'forgot' to include Warnock in their blanket GA primary poll. They are a firm founded in 2018 with only four polls published before today.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »

A very sketchy pollster, but in an environment this bad for Republicans, I buy Ernst being in trouble, and the rightward trend in IA might not be enough to save her. Greenfield would probably be a one-termer, but I’ll take a six-year loan, especially if it means kicking out Ernst.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 10:55:05 AM »

As someone who lived in Iowa from 1998 to 2019, I genuinely have no idea why so many here see it as this clearly Republican state now ... I mean, it's not the type of state where you can whip out a spreadsheet of trends and swings and make a good prediction, IMO.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 11:16:26 AM »

As someone who lived in Iowa from 1998 to 2019, I genuinely have no idea why so many here see it as this clearly Republican state now ... I mean, it's not the type of state where you can whip out a spreadsheet of trends and swings and make a good prediction, IMO.

I mean, the results from 2014-2018 certainly mean something, no?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 11:17:53 AM »

These are R internal polls, Bullock has a better than 50 percent chance in MT, these are D polls
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 11:27:47 AM »

2014 was because Democrats didn't seriously contest the gubernatorial race and Biff Brady was a dumpster fire of a candidate. And Hillary was just really hated. 2018 results were actually decent for Iowa Democrats. They flipped two House seats and won three statewide races. I think it's tilt Trump, but it's certainly not out of reach for Biden.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 11:38:44 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2020, 11:42:04 AM by MT Treasurer »

So much overarching Atlas "analysis" in one thread based on one obvious junk/meme pollster (unless you believe Trump is going to win MI by 5 and lose IA by 2, that Peters is going to outperform Biden by 15 points, that GA is more Republican than IA, etc.).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 01:14:17 PM »

2014 was because Democrats didn't seriously contest the gubernatorial race and Biff Brady was a dumpster fire of a candidate. And Hillary was just really hated. 2018 results were actually decent for Iowa Democrats. They flipped two House seats and won three statewide races. I think it's tilt Trump, but it's certainly not out of reach for Biden.

I mean, sure, candidate quality didn’t help Democrats, but I don’t think that completely explains the margins, nor the fact that Reynolds held on in a great year for Democrats. At this point, yes, Greenfield and Biden could win IA, but that says more about the national environment than anything else. IA would not be close to a Toss-Up in a neutral environment.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 02:22:24 PM »

So much overarching Atlas "analysis" in one thread based on one obvious junk/meme pollster (unless you believe Trump is going to win MI by 5 and lose IA by 2, that Peters is going to outperform Biden by 15 points, that GA is more Republican than IA, etc.).

Should we all be deferring to your “analysis” (which 90% of the time just seems to be mocking anyone who questions the majority opinion on a state) and keep our mouths shut?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 02:38:58 PM »

Should we all be deferring to your “analysis” (which 90% of the time just seems to be mocking anyone who questions the majority opinion on a state) and keep our mouths shut?

Yes, speak when spoken to.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 06:46:20 PM »

Over on the Prez poll boards, there has been quite a bit of picking apart of this out of nowhere pollster.  Having said that, Ernst is and should be in trouble.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies