GA - Gravis/OANN: Republican lockout in jungle primary, head-to-head matchups; Perdue +5%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:10:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA - Gravis/OANN: Republican lockout in jungle primary, head-to-head matchups; Perdue +5%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA - Gravis/OANN: Republican lockout in jungle primary, head-to-head matchups; Perdue +5%  (Read 693 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2020, 01:02:22 PM »

https://www.gravismarketing.com/oann-gravis-georgia-poll/

July 2, 2020
513 likely voters
MoE: 4.3%

Perdue 48%
Ossoff 43%
Uncertain 9%

Collins 26%
Loeffler 24%
Warnock 18%
Lieberman 11%
Tarver 9%
Uncertain 12%

Collins vs Loeffler
Collins 34%
Loeffler 28%
Uncertain 37%

Collins vs Lieberman
Collins 46%
Lieberman 37%
Uncertain 16%

Collins vs Warnock
Collins 47%
Warnock 38%
Uncertain 15%

Loeffler vs Lieberman
Loeffler 46%
Lieberman 39%
Uncertain 15%

Loeffler vs Warnock
Loeffler 48%
Warnock 37%
Uncertain 15%
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »

Yeah the Rs are getting stronger in Soutgern states not weaker
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »

Loeffler has a 52-39 approval rating now? And she's doing better than Collins in the runoff?

Since when has Loeffler been popular? Did her recent move to the cultural right help her, or is this just a major outlier poll?
Abner Beech
seymourblair
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »

Dems need to rally around Lieberman.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 01:18:17 PM »

Loeffler has a 52-39 approval rating now? And she's doing better than Collins in the runoff?

Since when has Loeffler been popular? Did her recent move to the cultural right help her, or is this just a major outlier poll?

This is one thing that has tracked outside of OANN surveys. Loeffler's $ outreach is probably helping her revive her reputation amongst Republicans, though she's still trailing Collins.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 01:33:35 PM »

Even if you believe this poll (and you shouldn't), why would Democrats rally around the guy in 4th at 11% when there's a far better candidate in Warnock doing 7 points better?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 01:35:19 PM »

Even if you believe this poll (and you shouldn't), why would Democrats rally around the guy in 4th at 11% when there's a far better candidate in Warnock doing 7 points better?

Presumably because of his slightly better general election matchups, though the only other Lieberman H2H poll we have shows Warnock outperforming him. It's a dubious metric anyway considering we've only got two polls and the difference isn't substantial, but I'd trust Civiqs/Daily Kos over Gravis/OANN in that case.

I suspect Lieberman is on his way out of the race. This is the third consecutive poll in which he's trailing Warnock. I'm going to give it six before I start being worried about him staying in no matter what.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »

It’s an OANN poll.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 01:43:26 PM »

Presumably because of his slightly better general election matchups, though the only other Lieberman H2H poll we have shows Warnock outperforming him. It's a dubious metric anyway considering we've only got two polls and the difference isn't substantial, but I'd trust Civiqs/Daily Kos over Gravis/OANN in that case.

I suspect Lieberman is on his way out of the race. This is the third consecutive poll in which he's trailing Warnock. I'm going to give it six before I start being worried about him staying in no matter what.

I’m not expecting a Democrat with that last name to drop out.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 01:47:55 PM »

I’m not expecting a Democrat with that last name to drop out.

I'm a sucker for redemption arcs, he apparently supports a public option (lol) and he'd be wise to do it within the next few polls showing him trailing Warnock if he intends to maximise his political future in Georgia.

It's not like the local Democratic bench is so huge it'll push him out of all future races (if it was, I'd have expected more high-profile candidates in this Senate race).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 05:25:54 PM »

This is one thing that has tracked outside of OANN surveys. Loeffler's $ outreach is probably helping her revive her reputation amongst Republicans, though she's still trailing Collins.

No it hasn't.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 05:26:34 PM »

Why is *anyone* in this thread taking this poll seriously? It has Trump's approval at +12 for gods sake
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 05:34:16 PM »

Loeffler can win, unlike Perdue, who was coach of the WNBA, so any painting by Ds as her being too conservative is gonna be tough to do. Collins can win, but if Trump loses in Nov and majority rides on GA, Dems can win both seats in Jan 2021🤩🤩🤩
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 06:14:29 PM »

The answer is very obvious: Atlas user "Abner Beech" is Matt Lieberman.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 06:35:33 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 06:40:34 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

No it hasn't.

That is still better than where she was a few months ago (enough to get her in the runoff, undecided voters notwithstanding). That PPP poll and this OANN one are the first in which she breaks 20% since March and the insider trading scandal. I think it's probable that a bit of the insider trading damage has worn off.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 06:37:02 PM »

No it hasn't.

That is still better than where she was a few months ago (enough to get her in the runoff, undecided voters notwithstanding). That PPP poll and this OANN one are the first in which she breaks 20% since March and the insider trading scandal.

She barely crossed 21% in the PPP poll. Wasn't she at like 17-18% before that? Not really much of a difference. And OANN should be thrown out immediately.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »

No it hasn't.

That is still better than where she was a few months ago (enough to get her in the runoff, undecided voters notwithstanding). That PPP poll and this OANN one are the first in which she breaks 20% since March and the insider trading scandal.

She barely crossed 21% in the PPP poll. Wasn't she at like 17-18% before that? Not really much of a difference. And OANN should be thrown out immediately.

Admittedly a lot of her worse surveys were Collins internals, but the Georgia Republican party poll by Cygnal in April had her at 11%, the Civiqs one in May projected 12% and the Public Opinion Strategies (R) one at 18% (the only one of these surveys to show her in second place - albeit only by 1% over Lieberman).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies