Nikki Haley vs Josh Hawley
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:25:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Nikki Haley vs Josh Hawley
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you rather have become President in January of 2025
Nikki Haley

Josh Hawley

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Nikki Haley vs Josh Hawley  (Read 2741 times)
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 02:35:30 PM »

Easily Hawley. 

I personally like and respect Nikki, but Hawley is much better on policy and I don't expect the establishment GOP to give up their tea-party era policies and mindset.  Hawley represents a specific vision and evolution of Trumpism-or what it should have been.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 02:51:41 PM »

I can see why you asked this hypothetical since it would take supernatural intervention for Haley to win a Republican primary.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2020, 07:22:02 AM »

I can see why you asked this hypothetical since it would take supernatural intervention for Haley to win a Republican primary.

Uh, citation needed.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2020, 01:43:48 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

She's relatively moderate and a woman of color.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

I think she's the favorite to win the nomination.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 04:11:35 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

I think she's the favorite to win the nomination.

I'll bet you anything she doesn't win the nomination.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 01:44:42 AM »

Uh, citation needed.

Yeah, I tend to think Haley has a real path to the nomination.  She served under President Trump and endorsed him for reelection.  Being anti-Trump/NeverTrump is a massive liability in a GOP primary in 2024 but I don't think having a more traditional Republican platform versus something more 'populist' would make that much of a difference.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 09:15:50 AM »

Uh, citation needed.

She’s really not “moderate,” and her conservative views make the fact that she’s a “woman of color” irrelevant ... though I know you prefer to believe otherwise.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 01:13:57 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

She’s really not “moderate,” and her conservative views make the fact that she’s a “woman of color” irrelevant ... though I know you prefer to believe otherwise.

People perceive her to be moderate, which is the problem.

And yes, of course her being a woman of color matters. The GOP primary base is too racist and sexist to vote for her.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 02:29:13 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

And yes, of course her being a woman of color matters. The GOP primary base is too racist and sexist to vote for her.

Says you...?
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 02:50:31 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

The GOP primary base would have pissed themselves happy to vote for Palin, and plenty of other Tea Partiers and evangelicals in the Republican base (Keyes, Bachmann, Cain, Fiorina, hell even Carson was polling even with Trump at one point) were female/nonwhite
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 06:44:55 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

The GOP primary base would have pissed themselves happy to vote for Palin, and plenty of other Tea Partiers and evangelicals in the Republican base (Keyes, Bachmann, Cain, Fiorina, hell even Carson was polling even with Trump at one point) were female/nonwhite

All of those people did poorly in the primaries.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

Palin was/is beloved by the Tea party masses. Were Republican voters "too sexist" to vote for her when she was on McCain's ticket?

I don't know why "doing well in the primaries" is the only criterion that matters to you, since all of those people I mention were heavily endorsed by the Tea party faction (which is the most socially right-wing faction of the GOP) and were polling competitively and/or leading the pack at one point or another

Republicans voters care about getting their agenda passed one way or the other, so if Haley is the nominee, yeah, they'd vote for her. If she loses, it's because she's ideologically out of touch with the Republican party (which she is), not because she's a "woman of color"
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 10:45:13 PM »

Uh, citation needed.

Yeah she's not a moderate, she's a liberal
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2020, 10:57:59 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2020, 12:00:16 AM by Ferguson97 »

Uh, citation needed.

Palin was/is beloved by the Tea party masses. Were Republican voters "too sexist" to vote for her when she was on McCain's ticket?

I don't know why "doing well in the primaries" is the only criterion that matters to you, since all of those people I mention were heavily endorsed by the Tea party faction (which is the most socially right-wing faction of the GOP) and were polling competitively and/or leading the pack at one point or another

Republicans voters care about getting their agenda passed one way or the other, so if Haley is the nominee, yeah, they'd vote for her. If she loses, it's because she's ideologically out of touch with the Republican party (which she is), not because she's a "woman of color"

Yeah IF she won the primary they’d vote for her but she’d never win the primary

They’ll fall in line if they have no other choice but they’ll prefer a conservative white guy
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 12:01:24 AM »

Uh, citation needed.

Yeah she's not a moderate, she's a liberal

This’ll be good!
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 12:09:16 AM »

Gotta vote for the girlboss!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2020, 08:11:02 PM »

Haley

But the GOP may be too damaged to win the presidency after Trump
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2020, 08:31:50 PM »

Haley!
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2020, 04:35:45 AM »

hawley would do a marginally better job but his long term impact on the gop would be impossibly obnoxious to deal with

haley
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2020, 11:07:42 AM »

Uh, citation needed.

Yeah IF she won the primary they’d vote for her but she’d never win the primary

They’ll fall in line if they have no other choice but they’ll prefer a conservative white guy

Yet Nikki Haley as an underdog candidate beat 3 highly qualified white conservative males (A state attorney, a US congressman and a lieutenant governor) in the **2010 South Carolina** gubernatorial primary, taking 49% of the initial vote and 65% of the runoff.

Republican voters don't care about the race of their candidate, rather they care about the candidates agenda. Haley won the nomination for governor because she presented herself as a conservative, anti-establishment outsider and received important endorsements (such as Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney) at the height of the Tea Party Movement. Haley's performance in a Republican Primary during the 2020s will again be based on her platform and her standing within the party.
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2020, 06:02:06 PM »

easily nikki haley. Josh Hawely is overated rn maybe one day down the road. but haley 2024
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2020, 02:38:11 AM »

Josh Hawley of course
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies