Feds denies funds for Minneapolis rebuild (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:29:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Feds denies funds for Minneapolis rebuild (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feds denies funds for Minneapolis rebuild  (Read 2143 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: July 12, 2020, 11:03:56 AM »

Ugh. This really pisses me off.

Of course this sure isn't going to help Trump carry Minnesota which keeps getting talked about.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 04:28:02 PM »

Ugh. This really pisses me off.

Of course this sure isn't going to help Trump carry Minnesota which keeps getting talked about.

Honestly, why should your city get a dime of my tax money if it is not going to maintain its police department and expand it to better meet situations such as this?

Your leaders in Minnesota failed to protect the safety and property of law abiding citizens at Epic Fail levels.  Your city council has made repeated statements of outright support for the Mob.  Now they're your elected officials; they can say what they want, but don't you think that people in the rest of the country ought to have some assurances that there will be a Police Department of adequate size to protect the right to life, liberty, and property of law-abiding Minneapolis residents going forward?

It's YOUR city council that is voting to Abolish the Minneapolis PD.  This is ridiculous to the majority of Americans.  Please explain why we should help you rebuild when you won't provide for your own public safety.

Because they're not just abolishing the Minneapolis PD and leaving it like that, they're replacing it with a new reformed public safety department. You'd know that if you read any articles on it besides headlines.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 07:23:13 PM »

As far as the "this won't help Trump carry MN" takes, lolwut?

Liberal city vs more conservative suburbs/rurals is one of the oldest political dynamics in the book (way older than Trump), and statewide elections (both primaries and the general) in Minnesota and other Midwestern states have often hinged on this "everybody else vs the Big, Bad City" type mob mentality.

Letting Minneapolis fester in its own squalor is going to serve voters in Minnetonka and Apple Valley just fine.

Since it'll result in a bigger strain on state funds, no.

Both of those cities voted heavily for Hillary btw.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies