Biden wades into Texas with first General Election Ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:47:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden wades into Texas with first General Election Ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden wades into Texas with first General Election Ad  (Read 665 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2020, 05:50:02 AM »

So they are spending money there.

Joe Biden's campaign is debuting its first general election television ad in Texas on Tuesday, dipping its toes in a state long considered a Republican stronghold and one that's seen an uptick in Covid-19 cases in recent weeks.

Here is the ad >>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHBH5hWqJdI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politics/biden-texas-general-election-tv-ad/index.html
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 06:18:53 AM »

Hallelujah there is a God. Now if he could drop $2-3 million on registering people, especially in south Texas, that’d be lovely
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 06:32:11 AM »

Promising development! Hopefully this leads to something more, but still better than assuming it's "Not Ready Yet" and not even attempting a fight
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 08:22:03 AM »

Exactly the kind of ad he needs to be running. Glad he's caught on.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »

Smart

Biden is running a political ad that is masquerading as a health ad
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »

Although I admired Biden as VP, I had serious doubts about his candidacy when he announced and into this election year. But since his nomination is assured, he has actually run a pretty solid campaign. Good ads, a sound strategy to win, consistant message and outreach to Sanders/Warren supporters. Sure, Biden has some weaknesses like being a median public speaker (not great, but not horrible) and making some gaffes, but overall I'm very pleased how his campaign is going so far.

Going after TX makes sense, even if Biden fails to win the 38 EVs. First, it requires Trump to be on defense in a state he shouldn't be in trouble, and second, Dems could net 2-3 House seats and make further gains in the State House.
indietraveler

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 11:31:12 AM »

Good.

Essentially a PSA for what most people consider common sense.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »

I think as of now, Biden is far enough ahead that he ran look to expand the map. This isn't 2016 again.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »

Although I admired Biden as VP, I had serious doubts about his candidacy when he announced and into this election year. But since his nomination is assured, he has actually run a pretty solid campaign. Good ads, a sound strategy to win, consistant message and outreach to Sanders/Warren supporters. Sure, Biden has some weaknesses like being a median public speaker (not great, but not horrible) and making some gaffes, but overall I'm very pleased how his campaign is going so far.

Going after TX makes sense, even if Biden fails to win the 38 EVs. First, it requires Trump to be on defense in a state he shouldn't be in trouble, and second, Dems could net 2-3 House seats and make further gains in the State House.

Also, it's been 53 days since the last Biden gaffe.  This was supposed to be his top weakness and it's just completely disappeared.  To keep their dementia strategy rolling, the Trump campaign has been reduced to "mishearing" Biden call himself "Jill" when he actually just slurred the word "Joe."
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »

Hallelujah there is a God. Now if he could drop $2-3 million on registering people, especially in south Texas, that’d be lovely

I really wish there was a concept of earmarking campaign donations. I'd give 5x as much to Biden if I knew this was what my money was going to.
Debs Dewey
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 12:33:43 PM »

Clinton never lead the state, no surprise, but when she closed to about 3 points in October her team dropped 1.5 million. I think it's early to be spending so much, almost double before the conversation, but when your up in some polls why not try and keep pulling ahead. Go for it!

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Clinton-campaign-to-spend-1-5-million-in-Texas-9979167.php

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/tx/texas_trump_vs_clinton-5694.html#polls
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 12:50:57 PM »

Not a bad idea. Even if TX doesn’t flip this time, Democrats should be building up a ground game and getting more people registered.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 12:52:19 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2020, 05:53:15 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

Beto and the Castro brothers better be working their butts off.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies