Goya was a staple in Latino households. It likely won't be anymore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:14:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Goya was a staple in Latino households. It likely won't be anymore
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Goya was a staple in Latino households. It likely won't be anymore  (Read 939 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »

Not everyone is obligated to be conservative or praise Trump, so people have a right to feel about this however they want. Last time I checked people had a right to choose the products they want to spend their money on.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2020, 03:29:17 PM »

Prediction: 95%+ percent of Goya’s customers don’t give a darn about this and will keep buying their products. White urban liberals care about stupid crap like this, not normal people (ie everyone else)

It never fails to amaze how much conservatives feel the outright need to rail against " Urban white liberals" on issues of race. It completely ignores the fact that overwhelming majorities of Hispanic and Asian Americans, not to mention almost Universal support among African-Americans, for those very same goals. I suppose it's necessary for their own state of mind because to acknowledge they need to attack persons of color for believe in quite similarly way as those elitist white liberals would be.... discomforting.

I think you are confusing Democrat and liberal.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »

*latinos start doing something*

Blue avatars: “actually it’s white liberals and no one else”
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2020, 03:42:28 PM »

What the CEO said is textbook "damning with faint praise" as it is, so seeing conservatives latch onto this is laughable and seeing people trying to boycott the brand is very disappointing. I suppose it speaks to the polarization Trump has created but this is such a stupid approach to life.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 03:43:21 PM »

*latinos start doing something*

Blue avatars: “actually it’s white liberals and no one else”

lmao, the article literally only used trending social media hashtags for his position.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 03:51:46 PM »

Not everyone is obligated to be conservative or praise Trump, so people have a right to feel about this however they want. Last time I checked people had a right to choose the products they want to spend their money on.

Not everyone is obligated to be anti-American or praise Marxist BLM, so people have a right to feel about this however they want. Last time I checked people had a right to choose the products they want to spend their money on, and that includes spending money with corporations that donate to BLM.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 03:53:09 PM »

For one moment I thought this referred to painter Francisco de Goya and I was wondering why the hell he was a staple in Latino households and why he had been #cancelled
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 04:00:07 PM »

Not everyone is obligated to be anti-American or praise Marxist BLM, so people have a right to feel about this however they want. Last time I checked people had a right to choose the products they want to spend their money on, and that includes spending money with corporations that donate to BLM.

I wasn't addressing you and I don't particularly care you, so I don't know why you are trying to engage with me. The fact that you brought up Black Lives Matter way out of context goes to show who your really are.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 04:05:38 PM »

Lol it's nearly impossible to boycott Goya for Latinos. They're like FriotLay/Pepsi or Procter&Gamble in that they own more shelf space than you would even realize at the grocery store. I have maybe 40+ Goya products in my house now from dried beans, canned beans, frozen foods, seasonings. Iberia is the other brand of beans I find and Badia is good for seasonings and herbs but they're not as ubiquitous.

I seriously doubt a Goya boycott would work. But it's not a violation of free speech to boycott, that's crazy and makes no sense. Conservatives think free speech is free from consequences while also being very OK with Kaepernick being blackballed.

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 04:10:23 PM »

Most consumers in the real world generally know better than to led and moved by stupid pieces of work who reside on Twitter.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 04:34:11 PM »

I wasn't addressing you and I don't particularly care you, so I don't know why you are trying to engage with me. The fact that you brought up Black Lives Matter way out of context goes to show who your really are.

It's hardly way out of context.  Corporations are donating to BLM and BLM-affiliated causes at a record pace.  They are a Marxist Organization engaging in systemic violence in multiple cities.

I prefer America not engage in politically-oriented boycotts.  But if this is what people wish to encourage, then this is a double-edged sword.

Just to be clear:

1.  Black lives do matter. 

2.  Black lives haven't always mattered as much as other lives.

3.  Public policy should reflect that black lives matter as much as all other lives.

4.  All lives matter to God, and they matter equally to God.

5.  BLM is a Marxist Organization that has facilitated (with Antifa) violence in multiple cities.

6.  What has been going on over the last 6 weeks or so is not "mostly peaceful protests.
         To assert that is a lie.

7.  Equality is when each and every person is equal under the law, period.  This noble objective
         is a perfect ideal that we should always be striving for.

8.  People are not responsible for the misdeeds of other people.  They are responsible
         for their own.

Think that's too much?  I don't.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 04:45:50 PM »

5.  BLM is a Marxist Organization that has facilitated (with Antifa) violence in multiple cities.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2020, 05:02:29 PM by Hammy »

Imagine basing your dietary habits on sh*t like this.

It's a matter of choosing where to spend your money.

While I'm not participating in the boycott (as I don't buy it in the first place) it's hilarious that people think these companies are owed people's business. If a company makes a decision people disagree with, buyers have a right to take their money elsewhere, and the company has a right to continue making these decisions without those buyers.

The reaction to boycotts now just proves that the whole "cancel culture" line is nothing more than a smear campaign against the very notion of economic free speech that cons talked about for years and suddenly hate now that they're on the receiving end.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2020, 07:55:56 PM »

Prediction: 95%+ percent of Goya’s customers don’t give a darn about this and will keep buying their products. White urban liberals care about stupid crap like this, not normal people (ie everyone else)

It never fails to amaze how much conservatives feel the outright need to rail against " Urban white liberals" on issues of race. It completely ignores the fact that overwhelming majorities of Hispanic and Asian Americans, not to mention almost Universal support among African-Americans, for those very same goals. I suppose it's necessary for their own state of mind because to acknowledge they need to attack persons of color for believe in quite similarly way as those elitist white liberals would be.... discomforting.

I think you are confusing Democrat and liberal.

Is this some obtuse reference that the "true" liberals think big thoughts and don't endorse so-called cancel culture, that is they don't really get bent out of shape when someone is a racist?

Genuine question, because somehow your post blacks even less Point than usual.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »

And we are done here.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »