Biden and enthousiaism from voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:33:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden and enthousiaism from voters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think "lack of enthousiaism" about his candidacy will have an impact to Biden's chances of victory ?
Yes

No

Maybe

I don't know

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Biden and enthousiaism from voters  (Read 781 times)
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »

Do you think "lack of enthousiaism" about his candidacy will have an impact to Biden's chances of victory ?

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 09:50:50 AM »

Yes, but he'll still win comfortably and it's not a problem unique to his candidacy.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »

Dan Bongino is the last person I would be linking a tweet from.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 11:16:02 AM »

Who needs enthusiasm from young voters when you're already ahead with old voters?

(I'm trolling, but only halfway)
Camaro33
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.23, S: 0.17

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 11:22:55 AM »

I will say, as a conservative I see literally no enthusiasm for Biden where I live. I remember when Hillary announced in 2015 the enthusiasm for her which endured for 18 months was magnitudes higher, as tepid as it was. I live in prime real estate for either candidate enthusiasm too.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »

Biden doesn't need "enthousiaism," Trump does all that work for him.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 05:11:59 PM »

As long as they vote for Biden, enthusiasm doesn't matter. Nobody in my house is enthusiastic (in fact we're all disgusted at this election) but that doesn't mean our votes for Biden will count less than enthusiastic voters.

2016 came down more to who was hated less.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 05:12:02 PM »

Biden doesn't need "enthousiaism," Trump does all that work for him.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 05:13:00 PM »

I will say, as a conservative I see literally no enthusiasm for Biden where I live. I remember when Hillary announced in 2015 the enthusiasm for her which endured for 18 months was magnitudes higher, as tepid as it was. I live in prime real estate for either candidate enthusiasm too.

I somehow highly doubt this unless you live right next to a Seven Sistsers college
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 05:23:04 PM »

I feel like asking whether people are voting for Biden or against Trump could be the wrong question for gauging enthusiasm, because most Democrats like Biden but hate Trump so much that they're still voting against Trump rather than for Biden.
IntelligenceWins
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 05:44:55 PM »

Interesting! This goes hand in hand with the fact that Biden is a terrible candidate, maybe worse than Clinton, considering his mental decline.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »

The thing is, where I'm from all I heard in 2016 was that Hillary is a liar and corrupt witch. This time, I just hear that Biden is boring. I think "boring" is a better label...
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 05:53:35 PM »

Trump won because of enthusiasm against Hillary why can't Biden win with enthusiasm against Trump.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2020, 07:00:08 PM by Da2017 »

The thing is, where I'm from all I heard in 2016 was that Hillary is a liar and corrupt witch. This time, I just hear that Biden is boring. I think "boring" is a better label...

Biden is not as divisive as Hillary. I heard the same thing being said about kerry being boring.  Kerry came off pompous and arrogant. Biden at least comes off as likable. Also Trump is more polarizing than Bush.
pollvaulter
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2020, 07:53:59 PM »

Biden is not as divisive as Hillary. I heard the same thing being said about kerry being boring.  Kerry came off pompous and arrogant. Biden at least comes off as likable. Also Trump is more polarizing than Bush.

Biden is very disliked by the Bernie supporters. I really think people are so incredibly afflicted still with this Trump Derangement Syndrome, they really miss the forest for the trees.

Trump is viewed as stronger on China, stronger on the economy, and has taken up this mantle against the rioting & statues. If anything, the base of the GOP disapproves with him because of a lack of response to the rioting.

Its not about likeability in 2020, its about whose up for the fight. The GOP loves Trump, he still rates very very high among Republicans. The GOP has made significant gains in voter registration of former Dems, especially in places like PA, WI.

I think Biden is peaking way too soon, and it will probably be why Biden loses.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 07:58:07 PM »

I don't think enthousiaism is a problem I don't know what that is, but I think he will be fine with enthusiasm.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 08:02:13 PM »

Is that really how you think enthusiasm is spelled?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 08:08:15 PM »

Biden is very disliked by the Bernie supporters. I really think people are so incredibly afflicted still with this Trump Derangement Syndrome, they really miss the forest for the trees.

Trump is viewed as stronger on China, stronger on the economy, and has taken up this mantle against the rioting & statues. If anything, the base of the GOP disapproves with him because of a lack of response to the rioting.

Its not about likeability in 2020, its about whose up for the fight. The GOP loves Trump, he still rates very very high among Republicans. The GOP has made significant gains in voter registration of former Dems, especially in places like PA, WI.

I think Biden is peaking way too soon, and it will probably be why Biden loses.

This is wrong, we have seen polls of Bernie supporters favoring Clinton at like a 90-3 margin, I'd like to compare this to in 2008 when around 25% or a quarter of Clinton supporters supported John McCain under the mantra of PUMA or Party Unity My Ass, but of course that doesn't fit your narrative you drone.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 09:02:41 PM »

Hillary had enthusiasm and barely beat Bernie.

Bernie had tons of enthusiasm and lost to Biden.

Enthusiasm doesn't matter.  Close to 150 million people are going to vote.  The 20 million people who enthusiastically support Trump don't get to vote twice.  Nor do I think their enthusiasm will turn into grassroots support that will bring people into the fold.  They're afraid to even tell pollsters they support Trump, allegedly.  Biden doesn't have an enthusiasm problem.  He just attracts more serious voters who don't feel the need to spray twitter with their political opinions.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 09:19:12 PM »

Resentment can be an even more powerful motivator than enthusiasm.  I suspect it will be in this election.
Camaro33
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »

I somehow highly doubt this unless you live right next to a Seven Sistsers college

Fairfield county CT is perhaps the ripest corporate Dem territory around. The median voter here is the college educated suburban white woman. There were Hillary signs all over four years ago, I haven't seen a single Biden sign or bumper sticker. I still see some "I'm with her" bumper stickers here, but heck, there's even more Obama Biden bumper stickers than Hillary rolling around. I saw a good amount of signs for Pete in the primary, but that's it.

And as you can imagine, zero Trump signs or stickers. Literally zero. There are two homes I know of in rural towns in this county that have HUGE Trump signs lit up at night, but that's it.

I do think it is different though with COVID-19. People probably aren't representing in their front yard as much, so I don't think it is a perfect comparison to four years ago. In any case though, I know Hillary had more enthusiasm than Biden at least in this particular area.

She did better than Obama here, by the way.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »

Fairfield county CT is perhaps the ripest corporate Dem territory around. The median voter here is the college educated suburban white woman. There were Hillary signs all over four years ago, I haven't seen a single Biden sign or bumper sticker. I still see some "I'm with her" bumper stickers here, but heck, there's even more Obama Biden bumper stickers than Hillary rolling around. I saw a good amount of signs for Pete in the primary, but that's it.

And as you can imagine, zero Trump signs or stickers. Literally zero. There are two homes I know of in rural towns in this county that have HUGE Trump signs lit up at night, but that's it.

I do think it is different though with COVID-19. People probably aren't representing in their front yard as much, so I don't think it is a perfect comparison to four years ago. In any case though, I know Hillary had more enthusiasm than Biden at least in this particular area.

Do you think Biden will outperform Hillary in Fairfield county? Maybe hit 60%?
Camaro33
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2020, 01:43:58 PM »

Do you think Biden will outperform Hillary in Fairfield county? Maybe hit 60%?

Can he? Absolutely. If I had to choose, I would guess that he probably outperforms Clinton, just from turnout here and the changing county makeup. Most people moving out are retirees moving to Florida or the Carolinas, and they are mostly conservatives. Irrespective, based on observations Hillary had more enthusiasm here but I don't think that translates into raw votes.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2020, 02:05:50 PM »

I thought the primary results put the Biden lack of enthusiasm narrative to rest              

Bernie Bros kept saying that Bernie was going to crush Biden on super Tuesday because he had Bigger crowds and Way more enthusiasm from young voters

yet on super Tuesday Biden was winning in states he never stepped foot in or even spent any money on. voters showed up in large numbers to vote for the guy with the smaller crowds lol

those results made it very clear to me that voter might not but rushing to go see a Biden rally or event but they definitely will still come out to vote for the man.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies