LA primary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:23:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  LA primary thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: LA primary thread  (Read 763 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2020, 09:04:35 AM »

Twice postponed, it's today. Going to vote in person in a little bit.  Early voting was up quite a bit (especially on the D side), but besides Prez, there's nothing on the ballot except a few judges and random races, so i doubt turnout will be much.  Biden will almost certainly top 80%.  It's still has all the candidates on the ballot since it was postponed from long ago.   A special election for a state rep in the swamps who died of the Covid is one of the random races.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »

I early voted last week, and I almost wonder if I should have bothered. Only things on my ballot were the primary and local party representative. (Voted for Warren, for the record.)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 10:17:52 AM »

The early voting looked VERY Dem-heavy, so interested to see the turnout between parties
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 08:18:43 PM »

Still very early, but Politico is reporting a 80.3% Biden-5.5% Sanders-14.2% Others result with 7 precincts reporting.

Trump is getting 96.2% of the vote compared to 3.8% for others.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 08:26:10 PM »

Who in their right mind goes out in the middle of a pandemic to vote for Deval Patrick and John Delaney.
n1240

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 09:20:52 PM »

Michael Bennet seems to be finishing 2nd in multiple parishes and is currently in 3rd place statewide.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 09:35:03 PM »

Michael Bennet seems to be finishing 2nd in multiple parishes and is currently in 3rd place statewide.

Wow, wonderful to see the People to come out and thank him for writing their big, beautiful $600 checks into the CARES Act! Thank you Senator Bennett!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 09:44:33 PM »

I don't think any ballot rotation is done in LA, and he's listed first.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 10:01:18 PM »

It might be possible that Biden gets more raw votes than Trump here.

TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 10:12:47 PM »

On top of the Bennet turnout - perennial candidate and former Head Coach of the Savannah State University football team, Robby Wells, is currently ahead of Tom Steyer.
soundchaser

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 10:24:46 PM »

I was the only person in my precinct to vote for Warren. Sad

But yes, it looks like Biden will win the night in terms of raw votes, given what’s left out. Not a result I’d have anticipated. Hopefully bodes well for November.
n1240

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 10:49:45 PM »

Among parishes that are done reporting (like everything but EBR/Orleans), all of them except one have lower Dem turnout than the 2016 primary. Richland Parish currently has turnout 20% higher than 2016, and I can't really think of any explanations as to why.
soundchaser

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 10:57:04 PM »

Among parishes that are done reporting (like everything but EBR/Orleans), all of them except one have lower Dem turnout than the 2016 primary. Richland Parish currently has turnout 20% higher than 2016, and I can't really think of any explanations as to why.

Sure, but Republican turnout appears to be down even more. Look at Jefferson Parish’s numbers, for example.

n1240

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 11:13:14 PM »

Sure, but Republican turnout appears to be down even more. Look at Jefferson Parish’s numbers, for example.

I know, my main point is that it's obscure how one parish has significantly higher Dem turnout relative to 2016 compared to the rest of the state, especially considering Richland has a slight R trend.
soundchaser

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2020, 11:22:23 PM »

Richland hasn’t really been hit hard by COVID — under 300 total cases and only 5 deaths. That’s about the only explanation I can think of.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 12:18:46 AM »

Orleans finally reports it's early vote and Biden slingshots past Donnie.  Warren moves past Bennett for third and the Yang gang takes 5th.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 12:29:24 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 12:33:09 AM by Roll Roons »

On top of the Bennet turnout - perennial candidate and former Head Coach of the Savannah State University football team, Robby Wells, is currently ahead of Tom Steyer.

Please don't tell me you actually think of Tom Steyer as a serious candidate.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 01:09:30 AM »

I wonder if Bennet was the equivalent to “uncommitted” as a protest vote for Demosaurs in LA.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 01:20:07 AM »

The best part of the Wells campaign (besides his campaign being backed enthusiastically by some weird "international movement" cult that sounds like Slavic LaRouche and his photoshoot with Joel Osteen) is that he somehow got on the speaker's list at the South Carolina Democratic Convention last year between normal candidates and THIS was his speech:

The Speech That Changed The Race

I cannot even pick a favourite quote from this masterpiece. The life story intro. The awkward shoutouts to schools and places no one else in the room is from. His Yang-tier pointing and gestures to the audience. The pauses for applause that never comes. The weird jeering about how he has the "stamina" to be president and no one else there does and the cold room responding with silence. THE HOMESTATE ADVANTAGE CLAIM AND WEIRD METAPHORS WHEN HE CANNOT EVEN AFFORD THE BALLOT!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 04:42:30 AM »

Not just that but it looks like Wells finished ahead of Bernie Sanders in La Salle and West Carroll parishes. He managed to get 5.5% in La Salle.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »

Not just that but it looks like Wells finished ahead of Bernie Sanders in La Salle and West Carroll parishes. He managed to get 5.5% in La Salle.

La Salle is actually one of two parishes Bernie won in LA in 2016.  Of course, it's also the worst parish in LA.
walleye26

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 10:54:15 AM »

Why is La Salle the worst?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »

La Salle is actually one of two parishes Bernie won in LA in 2016.  Of course, it's also the worst parish in LA.

That’s actually hilarious.
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 01:10:36 PM »

The best part of the Wells campaign (besides his campaign being backed enthusiastically by some weird "international movement" cult that sounds like Slavic LaRouche and his photoshoot with Joel Osteen) is that he somehow got on the speaker's list at the South Carolina Democratic Convention last year between normal candidates and THIS was his speech:

The Speech That Changed The Race

I cannot even pick a favourite quote from this masterpiece. The life story intro. The awkward shoutouts to schools and places no one else in the room is from. His Yang-tier pointing and gestures to the audience. The pauses for applause that never comes. The weird jeering about how he has the "stamina" to be president and no one else there does and the cold room responding with silence. THE HOMESTATE ADVANTAGE CLAIM AND WEIRD METAPHORS WHEN HE CANNOT EVEN AFFORD THE BALLOT!

"By the end of my 2nd term."

Yeah, no.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 01:11:44 PM »

Louisiana is 100% counted after not even 1 day.

100% of early votes, 100% of postal votes, 100% of Election Day votes.

Meanwhile, NY is still counting after 3 weeks ...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies