Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:01:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread  (Read 7215 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2020, 12:01:08 AM »

SPEECH
Adden Street Park, Orangeburg, SC

Central Business District
JayeeDior12 / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)

Orangeburg CBD. Adden St. Park (see area) was considered too small for a proper rally and as such attendance was limited to media personnel only.

Good Afternoon Orangeburg!

You know, as I was walking over here from the Airport, I noticed the lack of good sidewalks here. And that ain't your fault, it's because there's not enough money going to the cities of this state to maintain sidewalks and build new ones.

But how can we expect our children to grow up healthy if they can't even feel like they could jog around the block safely? How can we expect those who are in dire straits to get to a job miles away while constantly having to step into poison ivy, or long grass with ticks, just to avoid a car? The Democratic Alliance is gonna make sure our state's cities and towns are pedestrian friendly. Let's let people walk.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaign Schedule
August 17th - 23rd, 2020

August 17th
- National Appearance on ABC News regarding the state of NPC elections
- Virtual Strategy meeting with California DA legislative candidates in Anaheim, CA
- Rally with California DA gubernatorial candidate in Los Angeles, CA
"Labor allies here in Fremont are trying to say that DA is unproven and untested, which I find to be the exact opposite. Our party is driven by people of many ideologies who were tired of the stagnant, status quo, and wanted to see change. I think all can agree that Atlasia is more active since we were founded. Our party has the highest activity and turnout rates of any, whereas the two major parties are both dominated by zombie voters who don't participate. If you actually want proven leadership, vote DA in the upcoming elections, and vote for (DA candidate name), the next Governor of California!!"

August 18th
- Roundtable with Catholic Church leaders in San Juan, Puerto Rico, discussing the importance of freedom of religion.
- Socially Distanced Townhall with Puerto Rico DA legislative candidates in San Juan, Puerto Rico
*A translator was present for this event*
"Thank you all for having me today, I'm excited to be here with the next generation of Puerto Rican leadership! I want to give special thanks to (name of DA legislative candidate) for also serving as a translator for me today. Unfortunately my Spanish is not fluent yet, and I'm not going to try and fake my way...I know ya'll will see right through it! *laughter* Democratic Alliance is a party of strong leaders who believe in a government that works for all, a government that focuses more on action and finding common ground than playing partisan politics and bowing to party leadership. I encourage all of you to please get out and vote in the upcoming elections, whether by mail or in person."

August 19th
- Appearance Indianapolis WISHTV Today.
"I'm happy to be back in Indiana where I grew up, and where we are seeing growing poll numbers for the Democratic Alliance. Hoosiers are all about common-sense and unity, and that is what this party is all about. I'm so glad to see multiple third parties actively involved in the democratic process and I'm glad to see that voters are giving them a serious look. When politicians are required to work with people they don't always agree with, good things usually happen from that. Democratic Alliance has a lot of really good candidates running up and down the ballot here in Indiana. I believe we can win Indiana and we can do some good things for the state."
- Town Hall event in Greenwood, IN
Audience Question: What is your opinion of the recent negativity we've seen in the race?
Fmr. President Tmthforu94: Well, I think there has been some negativity as well as some reasonable criticisms, and I hope voters understand that difference. Attacking someone personally or making up lies about them isn't the way to win campaigns and we should hold politicians to higher standards. I think we've seen a bit of hyperbole coming from both sides in this campaign and that is something we need to be careful of. My mission here today is to convince you why Democratic Alliance has the best ideas and leaders to propel Indiana forward.
Audience Question: What is your take on the Lincoln Speaker proposing raising the alcohol tax to 75%?
Fmr President Tmthforu94: Honestly it is a really dangerous proposal - it seems a bit immature of the Speaker and would cause great harm to many small businesses across Indiana and the entire region. We'd see an essential return to the prohibition area where people would find illegal ways to obtain alcohol. It's a backwards policy. I don't think it is necessarily an attack on Labor because no one else in the party is supporting it to my knowledge, but I do think between the circus we had earlier this month with electing a Speaker/Chancellor and now this, it calls into question what the priorities are of Labor leaders in the Lincoln legislature. They seem more focused on playing politics than serving the people.

- Private Fundraiser for DA Gubernatorial candidate in Avon, IN

August 20th
- Virtual Conference Call with Michigan DA Gubernatorial and legislative candidates
"Let me say, great work to everyone, I know you've all seen the polls and we are surging here in Michigan, we have a really excellent shot at winning the Governorship and a plurality in legislature. Stay safe, keep reaching out to voters and fighting tooth and nails for the causes important to you. We're going to prove as a party that we are a force to be reckoned with."
- Private Fundraiser for DA Gubernatorial candidate in East Grand Rapids, MI
- National Appearance on CNN
"I'm seeing a lot of momentum here on the ground in Michigan and across Atlasia, for that matter. Especially here in Lincoln, we have great organization and have impressive fundraising numbers. I think the combination of that, and some of the recent struggles of Labor in the Lincoln Council, will set us up for really impressive results in the upcoming elections."

August 21st
- Rountable session with United Auto Workers (UAW) in Detroit, MI
- Meeting with factory workers in Detroit, MI *social distancing observed*
- Virtual townhall with University of Oklahoma College DAers
"Thanks all for having me. Oklahoma has been part of a lot of politicking, as I know you're all getting a front row seat to! Thank you for being engaged in the democratic process. We have some really good candidates running in Oklahoma, I hope you all will look them up and go volunteer/engage with their candidates. You are the future of our nation, is important that your voice is heard."

August 22nd
- Strategy session with Kansas DA Gubernatorial and legislative candidates in Overland Park, KS
"Next month, all eyes are on Kansan. As a proud Kansas, I can't stress how important these elections will be. Kansas is known as being a pragmatic state that supports leaders willing to work with both sides. We all know that is what the DA is all about, and I think we stand a very good chance at success in the elections next month. I look forward to continued communications with all of you."
- Private fundraiser for Kansas DA Gubernatorial candidate in Leawood, KS

August 23rd
- National appearance on Meet the Press
"We're happy with the direction our campaigns are headed, recent polling shows us gaining ground almost everywhere, and polling ahead of the major parties in some places. Former President WB has been working hard at ensuring a majority, and some of our numbers, especially in the Great Lakes region, look promising. I was there earlier this week and you could sense the enthusiasm and momentum. Our message of unity and action is resonating with hardworking Atlasians fed up with the status quo."

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2020, 03:11:41 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2020, 03:18:10 PM by tmthforu94 »

Digital and Newspaper Ads

The following ad will be running from now until election day in Miami, with Spanish ads used in Hispanic majority zip codes. The ads will be used in newspapers as well as digitally on social media and on web sites.

The following ad will be running from now until election day in Miami, Puerto Rico, Wisconsin, Michigan and California. Spanish ads will be used in Hispanic majority zip codes and in Spanish circulations. The ads will be used in newspapers as well as digitally on social media and on web sites.

The following ad will be running from now until election day in California, Alaska, South Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Puerto Rico, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, D.C. and the city of Miami. The ads will be used in newspapers as well as digitally on social media and on web sites.

*Ads were custom created by a member of the Democratic Alliance
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2020, 03:25:05 PM »

Digital Ad

The following digital ad will run from now until Election Day in the San Francisco and Los Angeles regions of California, as well as in Miami.

*Ad was custom created by a member of the Democratic Alliance
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2020, 11:30:19 PM »

SPEECH
Perry Memorial Park, Aiken, SC

Old-Aiken-PO
Todd Lista / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Old Aiken Post Office. Perry Memorial Park (see Area) was considered too small for a proper rally and as such attendance was limited to media personnel only.

Good Afternoon Aiken!

You know, I've never really come down this way, at least not to my recollection. So I'm glad that you all have graciously welcomed me here, even if we couldn't meet in person.

Just a couple blocks from here is the Aiken Train Museum. A great collection of the past of this town. But this past doesn't need to stay in the past. We can bring good passenger transportation to this state. Hundreds of miles of railroad track remain unused around this state. In the plan Councillor Ninja and I revealed a few days ago, these tracks can be repaired and put back in use. The railroads once allowed towns like Aiken to grow, and they can bring back life to towns like this. But we can't do it without your support. Vote Democratic Alliance next week.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2020, 03:05:20 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2020, 02:09:33 AM by Tamika Jackson »

TELEVISION ADVERTISEMENT
ALASKA

The following ad will run from now until Election Day in Alaska.

Quote from: Oil Driller
I'm an Alaska Native working at Doyon Limited, one of many Alaska Native Corporations*. This is the drill I work on! It's tough work, yet I'm proud to provide for my family and thankful of the opportunity to work for my Tribe.

The Alaska Native Corporations and our mineral rights are part of the Atlasian Government settlement for taking our ancestral, Native Lands. Now the politicians from Nyman are talking about nationalizing our energy companies and getting rid of oil altogether.

Our operations provide jobs to both Alaska Natives and non-Natives alike! We also contribute to the PFD.

Quote from: Alaska Native Businessman
Don't let politicians tell you what we can or cannot do with our Native Lands. That's why I'm voting Democratic Alliance. They understand Alaska and will stand up for Alaska Native Corporations without nationalizing or harming Alaska's economy.

Proudly paid for by Alaska Natives for Democratic Alliance, a traditional PAC.

Alaska Native Corporations = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Native_corporation
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2020, 07:22:39 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2020, 08:54:34 PM by MC Ninja0428 »

Speech in Milwaukee

Image URL
Speech Took Place at Veteran's Park
Masks Distributed
Attendance Limited to 500
Streamed Online

Hello Milwaukee! It is of course election weekend for the federal congress, so I've been very busy, but I haven't forgotten about you! That's what Democratic Alliance is about: remembering the needs of every citizen, and putting you first above political ambition and control. For too long now, big political parties have gone uncontested and left people like you in the dust, because they didn't have to care to win. Well that needs to end, and we can end it together by making our voices heard! Democratic Alliance is committed to giving you a platform to voice your needs. Because if the political establishment won't make a change, then we will make a change. For example, here in Milwaukee you have the M-line streetcar running though downtown. That's great to get around the city center, but those who are currently in charge have made no plans to expand it. That isn't going to help you commute! But the Wisconsin DA is pledging to extend light rail in Milwaukee to the suburbs. We're ready to do what needs to be done for public transport, and that the others won't do.

Today we're a lot more conscious about the environment than we were 60 years ago. We now know that we're producing more emissions from transportation than we ever have in our history, and that the care-free, car based, detached housing developments of the 20th century contributed a great deal to this. We can't sustain to continue these practices for much longer, but what are we going to do about it? The other parties haven't said. But Democratic Alliance has made it clear what we are going to do: we are going to change the way we develop new neighborhoods so that they are walkable, organized with easy access to services, and connected to public transport. And we will introduce sidewalks and transit to existing neighborhoods. We're ready to do something new for our neighborhoods and our environment.

Economic Opportunity is something we constantly talk about, but still evades many. It isn't enough to just give people the right to participate in the economy, or to just add more jobs. Economic opportunity requires a foundation. Poverty is a spiral, that can be difficult to get out of. You lose your job, then your home, then your car. You can't get anywhere to work, you can't get an education to open more possible positions, you end up being stuck in this pit. For too long, people have been left behind in the pit. We need to lift them out. We need to provide more educational and job training opportunities for struggling adults. We need to make it easier to find jobs. We need to build more public housing, so that everyone can have some security. Democratic Alliance is ready to do something new about poverty.

Some people will complain about calling for "change", they'll say its just a platitude with no substance. But what we have now lacks substance. Democratic Alliance isn't just calling for a change, we have policy. We're ready to implement new policy, and together we will create a Wisconsin, and an Atlasia that represents you. Vote DA in your local elections next week!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2020, 08:50:44 PM »

I also meant to say yesterday that the end of campaign rally isn't today. I believe I misread "28" as "23". The last few days are going to be campaigning in the south.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2020, 07:13:05 PM »

The following ad will be distributed on fliers and social media in Michigan:
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2020, 07:54:19 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2020, 08:07:15 PM by MC Ninja0428 »

Speech in Lansing

The Speech Took Place Outisde of the Michigan State Capitol Building
Only Media Was Present

Good Evening Michiganders! Normally I prefer to have my speeches in large parks so that some people are able to attend in person while also keeping a safe distance, but I decided to do something different today. Today I am in Lansing, and you can see in the background is the State Capitol building of Michigan. It is in that building where all of the state level decisions are made. What happens in that building affects the lives of everybody in the state of Michigan. It may seem distant from you, but all kinds of things, from your healthcare bills to your morning commute, depends on what happens in the room. Which reminds me of the fact that Labor, amusingly, made an ad about how the roads need to be fixed despite having held power for such a long period of time. They never fixed it before. And yet, while we see so many roads falling apart, we also see massive new roads projects built frequently. These projects rarely help. I'm sure you've seen one of the these projects before and wondered what it's about, because you never use them. The government will laud this as a great achievement for infrastructure, but they'll never be left with the funds to improve your commuting route, or your local streets. And when you're late to work with a damaged car because of some pothole, it all goes back to what happened in that building.

Democratic Alliance has a plan to actually fix the roads: we will end useless vanity projects and use the funds to fix the major corridors that have been suffering. You won't have to wonder if that construction project will ever help you anymore, because we will get our priorities straight and invest our money in what you actually need. But none of these will change until we change who is in that building behind me. I can not stress enough how important it is to vote. I know that many of you are disgruntled with the system. You feel like nothing gets better. But it won't ever get better if you do nothing. There's a new option in Michigan lead by candidates who are ready to make a difference. These are people who have seen the failings of government just as much as you have. They're ready to make a change, so join us and vote Democratic Alliance for a new Michigan and a new Atlasia!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2020, 11:43:02 PM »

RALLY
Bayfront Park, Miami, Florida

50biscaynefountain
Averette at English Wikipedia / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)

Fountain at Bayfront Park. Due to social distancing requirements, attendance was limited to 300 people. Masks were required.

Hello Miami!

I'm glad to be here today, talking to you all about how we need you to vote for a better future.

Despite Miami being such a nice city, there is still much to be desired for transportation.

We need to expand the Metrorail system, make it more affordable, and ensure it's properly funded to minimize the chance of delays. It won't be cheap, but the benefits heavily outweigh the cost. Too many people here, especially those in the immigrant communities, have trouble getting around quickly and cheaply. Let's help these disadvantaged and valued members of our communities. Let's make better transit a reality for Miami!

This ad will be running from now until election day in Miami, Puerto Rico, and Nyman, D.C., as well as ZIP codes in California with a hispanic population percentage of over 30%.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2020, 06:52:16 AM »

CAMPAIGN SPEECH
Roosevelt Park - Detroit, MI

Tamika Jackson spoke to supporters gathered at Roosevelt Park. Everyone was socially distanced and attendance was limited to 200.

Quote from: Tamika Jackson
Wow, thank you, Detroit! Thank you!

I appreciate all of the support you've given me on the campaign trail and the faith you have in me to send me to the Atlasia House of Representatives as the first elected Democratic Alliance member. I appreciate the support of my fellow Democratic Alliance members and especially to Senator Jimmy and Assemblyman Ishan for their mentorship as well as their tremendous support. Most importantly, I want to thank the volunteers for working on this campaign!

I know this party is new, yet our principles and platform are not. We stand for common-sense solutions without the complication of government!

Unlike Labour, whose leaders disavow their own party's platform, you can count on Democratic Alliance to uphold our promises.

Yet our work is not over! Labour recently put up billboards across Michigan, we have a few right here in Detroit, about finally fixing the roads. How long have we had a Labour government and they still haven't fixed the roads?

Our work is not done yet. Behind me is the Michigan Central Station which is a testament to the resilience of Detroit. The hub of rail transit in a yesteryear, after the investment by Ford Motor Company, she breathes new life.

Now, Detroit faces another economic threat: COVID. Many of the Labour politicians think we're doing just fine, yet if you look at the COVID numbers, I wouldn't call over 79,000 deaths as anything close to fine. We've all seen the latest map with states still in the red.

Yet COVID is not just a health threat, it is threatening our very economic way of life. We don't have to choose between our lives and the economy though. The automobile industry is facing a record slowdown as rental car companies are slashing their fleet purchases.

Michigan has over 600,000 manufacturing jobs, the vast majority connected to the auto-industry. We need to protect those jobs from disappearing!

When the Economic Stimulus Act was signed, our government only allocated $60 billion to the entire manufacturing sector of Atlasia. Yet back in 2009, we know that it cost $45 billion alone to bailout our top 3 automakers. How many automakers will survive COVID? How many jobs will no longer be there?

I know Detroit is resilient, yet it's time to have advocates at all levels of government who do not take Michigan's auto industry for granted!

I told you our work isn't done and this isn't all about me or our party though. We need local leaders who aren't afraid of speaking up about these issues. Democratic Alliance has proven that we will fight for you and will not back down from advocating for you.

One of those leaders is your next Governor of Michigan! Please welcome...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2020, 10:54:36 AM by tmthforu94 »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaign Schedule
August 24th - 25th, 2020

August 24th - Michigan
*Social distancing practices observed for all events*

- Morning Show appearance on WXYZ-Detroit
"I'm happy to be back campaigning in Michigan, a state that voted heavily to elect me to the presidency twice and supported me many times in the old Mideast region. Michiganders remember me and remember how I fought every day to make the region, Michigan, a better place. This campaign isn't about making empty promises, nor is it about continuing the status quo. The Democratic Alliance promises unity and action - we are a party made up of varying ideologies but all have the commitment of coming together to find common-sense solutions to the problems facing Michigan. This is how government should work, and that is what we will do if we win the elections next weekend."

- GOTV event at Wayne State University, Detroit Michigan
"Thank you to all of our volunteers out here today - we've all seen the polling, we know that we have a real shot at taking the Governorship and the legislature. With your help, I know we can do it! As you're making calls today and knocking on doors, stay positive and uplifted, share your passion with the voters. We have an opportunity to do something good here. And as always, stay safe and be smart."

- Appearance with Former First Dog Benson at Miller Farms in Battle Creek, Michigan

Former First Dog Benson speaks with goat constituents in Battle Creek, Michigan on the need for more treat options for goats and other domesticated animals

- Evening Campaign Rally with DA Gubernatorial Candidate in Kalamazoo, Michigan

"Thank you Michigan, it is so good to be here tonight with your next Governor, (insert DA candidate name)!!!!!

Michigan, you know me and you know that I am a fighter for The People. I worked hard for Michigan back in the day as your regional governor in the Mideast, and more recently as your president. Each administration that I have been apart of, my focus has been on bridge building and action. I have a long proven record of such.

Many other leaders within the DA have a similar sort of record - the idea that what unites us is greater than what divides us, that as Atlasians we can overcome our differences to find solutions. This desire for unity and action, something that has been missing, is what led us to form the Democratic Alliance in the first place. Now today, our message is resonating with voters, and as the two-party system realizes it's days our numbered, a common line we're seeing from the right and the left is that the DA is too inexperienced and too new, we can't be trusted!!! As a member of the DA and someone who has a long, proven record that Michiganders know, I find that a bit laughable, don't you!! Our party is full of active, dedicated servants from all sides, and while we're still growing in numbers, you can see from the work on the ground the commitment and dedication to service DAers have...this did not happen over night, rather, from years of service from many of us. No one is more prepared to lead Michigan and Atlasia forward than your Democratic Alliance candidates are, because we have proven records of activity and working with all sides to get the job done.

Rebuilding our infrastructure is a common issue voters get lip service on in every election, yet fail to follow through. Labor claims the roads need to be fixed, yet they have controlled the regional government a great majority of the time. Federalists claim to be working on the issue, but where are the results? Now, once upon a time almost everyone in DA was in another party, and I was a proud Federalist and still work well with the party. But let me remind you this - when I was elected Governor of the South 2 years ago, I inherited a budget passed by another Federalist Governor that slashed the transportation budget by 40%. 40%...can you believe that? It put a massive strain throughout the region, layoffs were to happen and people could forget about there being any improvements with such shortfalls! But no, I wasn't going to let that happen and I campaigned on changing it. When I got into office, not only did we fully restore the transportation budget, but we increased it to allow for additional investments to improve our roads.

Just this week, as we see a need for additional investments, I am working with both sides and offered an amendment in the Southern legislature to add an additional $2 billion in investments to infrastructure projects. Now, I am not saying all of this to try and bring down other sides, but rather, to highlight the proven record that the DA has on this issue and many others. There's always a lot of talk in campaigns, so look and see who actually acts and delivers for you, The People.

Continuous investments in infrastructure is a key part to our party's platform, as is investments in programs that help communities suffering from economic decline - this is something that has been seen firsthand in Michigan after the auto industry outsourced jobs out of the state. We must take a renewed investment in these areas, ensuring basic services such as healthcare and education are adequately funded, as well as investing in rural development programs and small business programs and subsidies.

For us, it is an all of the above approach - we're excited to work with Federalists, Labor, Liberals and everyone else to accomplish these goals - one part of successful governing is understanding that all the best ideas don't come from just one side or mindset, rather a collective group. That is the type of leadership you'll have with the Democratic Alliance. Elections are this weekend - get out and vote or ensure your ballot is mailed back in time - make it a mission to ask 10 of your friends or family if they've voted yet and make sure they do. Together we can win and win big! Thank you Michigan and Dave Bless!
"

August 25th - Indiana and South Dakota (Virtual)
*Social distancing practices observed for all events*

- Attend pancake breakfast with Marion County Democratic Alliance Party

- Speaks to volunteers at field office in Greenwood, IN
"Thank you to all of our volunteers who are here today - I said a similar message in Michigan yesterday, but based on what I'm seeing here on the ground and the level of enthusiasm, I know that we have a real shot at taking the Governorship and the legislature here in Indiana. With your help, I know we can do it! Share your passion with the voters as you reach out with them today, please do everything you can in these final days to make a real difference in Indiana. And as always, stay safe and be smart."

- Appearance with Former First Dog Benson at Westwood Elementary School in Greenwood, IN

- Mid-Afternoon rally with DA Gubernatorial candidate in Carmel, IN

"Good afternoon! Indiana, oh Indiana...Indiana, we're all for you! As you all know, that is how the IU fight song starts off, and let me just say, if you elect DA next weekend, we'll fight for you every single day. Indiana, you know me and you know I'm a fighter. I lived in Indiana growing up and served as your regional governor in the Mideast...we helped transform the region and no matter which side was in power, the region was consistently the most active and productive in all of Atlasia.

Collectively as a party, the Democratic Alliance is filled with dedicated public servants - leaders - who will be ready on Day 1 to create a government here in Indiana that works for all, regardless of political party, income, gender, race or anything else! We've heard the criticisms that DA is untrusted and too new - I refute that every bone in my body! Look at our leaders, look at our candidates running - we're talking about qualified people who said enough with the failed two-party system, it is time for a party and a government that works for all of The People.

The Democratic Alliance is focused on continuous investments in infrastructure and programs that help communities suffering from economic decline - this is something that has been seen firsthand in Indiana, especially in our rural areas, which I've personally experienced. We must take a renewed investment in these areas, ensuring basic services such as healthcare and education are adequately funded, as well as investing in rural development programs and small business programs and subsidies. We need politicians who focus less on Wall Street and more on Main Streets in Indiana and across Atlasia.

This is an important election, here in Indiana, you have the opportunity to elect a government that will fight for all of you. Our numbers are rising in the polls, and with your vote and your support in this closing week, I know we can pull off an upset here and win in Indiana. Your struggles are our struggles, your fight is our fight. Vote DA this weekend, and let us fight for you and for a better Indiana. And now, it is my pleasure to introduce to you the next Governor of Indiana....."

- Private fundraiser with DA gubernatorial and legislative candidates in Indianapolis, IN

- Virtual Call with DA candidates and supporters from South Dakota

"Thank you to the South Dakota DA for letting me speak with you. Labor has a big advantage there, I know we all know, but I believe we have a message and a vision that can really resonate with South Dakotans. Voters need to know they have a choice, and the fact of the matter is, most South Dakotans aren't nearly as liberal as the Labor Party is - we've all seen their platform, there is some pretty far-left components to it, such as a complete ownership of the energy industry, something that would have great consequences on the oil industry there in South Dakota. We have several ads running in South Dakota through Election Day - continue working hard on the ground and spreading the DA message with voters - I believe our message will really resonate with voters and we can pull off a surprise on Election Day! I'll see you all in person very soon!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »

Digital and Newspaper Ads

The following ad will be running digitally, specifically targeted at rural zip codes, as well as in rural newspaper circulations. It is running through Election Day in California, Alaska, South Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana.

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2020, 04:20:39 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2020, 04:38:47 PM by MC Ninja0428 »

Speech in Gary, IN

Image URL
Speech Took Place at Marquette Park
Masks Distributed
Streamed Online

Greetings to Northern Indiana! This afternoon I'm in the city of Gary, a city of lovely people who have struggled and been forgotten for too long now. It's no secret that rust belt cities have struggled for the past few decades now, and Gary is no exception to this rule. Factories and people have been moving out for years now. It has been estimated that one third of all buildings in Gary are abandoned, and the population is less than half of what it was once. What is to be done about this? Apparently nothing according to those who have been in charge of the state of Indiana. Democratic Alliance disagrees! We plan to rebuild struggling rust belt cities into modern, sustainable cities that will set an example for the future to come. We might have lost a lot of buildings and have even more abandoned, but that will give us room to grow here in Gary. We will start by revitalizing downtown. We will transform downtown Gary into a walkable central area, where citizens can easily reach a great deal of shopping, services, and recreation. We will trade roadway lanes for expanded sidewalks in downtown, an act which is proven to attract more pedestrian traffic to an area. Greater pedestrian traffic makes the area more desirable to businesses, who will be further incentivized with tax credits for moving downtown and establishing attractive storefronts along the streets. And downtown will be connected with expanded regional public transportation, anchored at a renovated Adam Benjamin Metro Center.

The suburbs of Gary will also be reorganized. More sidewalks and pedestrian pathways will be built to make walking in the suburbs easy, and all areas will be within walking distance to small pockets of retail, recreation, and public transportation to the city. Much of Gary's suburbs are already set up well for this; they were built as streetcar suburbs, but have suffered from the lack of streetcars! Not only will these changes make Gary a more attractive place live in, but it will also provide better economic opportunities for those who currently live here. There will be more jobs in Gary, and it will be much easier to access those jobs.

We will make Gary attractive again for industry with world class infrastructure. We will improve the highway, railway, and air connections for freight to be able to get here. These are all things which Gary can easily have, we just need to upgrade them to modern standards. We will also make Gary an easy to access hub for industrial workers with municipal transit lines running to industrial centers and by increasing the speed of services on the South Shore Line railway, which is currently much slower than it ought to be! Finally, we will make these new jobs more accessible to residents of the region by creating institutions for community college and vocational education for adults who have previously been left behind, giving our citizens new economic opportunity.

This is not only a plan which can revitalize Gary, its a plan that can be applied all throughout the Rust Belt. These changes have been implemented with great results in model cities in Atlasia, and its about time we introduce them to the masses! We CAN revitalize the rust belt, and Democratic Alliance WILL make the necessary investments to improve local economies. Vote DA in your local elections for a new and bright future in your community!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »

Speech in Lafayette, IN
Speech Took Place at Munger Park
Attendance Limited to 250
Masks Distributed
Streamed Online

Good evening here in Lafayette! I know its a bit unusual to see me holding two events in one day, but there isn't much time before the election, and I want to get to as much of this great state as I can. You can probably see that behind this park is an electricity substation, which reminds me of the fact that the energy grid is one of many aspects of our infrastructure which needs to be modernized. From the power plant to the home, our energy system is falling behind. Starting with power generation, we of course need to make the switch to renewable energy, to protect the environment, and to ensure that we don't use up all of our fossil fuel. It isn't unlimited after all. I will say that Atlasia has been making progress on making the switch, but I can also say that Democratic Alliance will continue to invest in green energy here in the state of Indiana. It isn't just generation which needs upgrades though. The distribution grid is old, disorganized, and too prone to failure. A modern nation needs a modern power grid to handle the great deal of electricity that we use. When we're elected, Democratic Alliance will meet with leaders in the energy industry, and create plan to upgrade our grid with the experts, and we will offer fiscal incentives to the industry to implement the plan for modernization. We can't afford a statewide, or let alone nationwide, power failure in the year 2020. So let's fix the grid before it happens!

Old, disorganized, and too prone to failure. You know, those three things could be said about all sorts of infrastructure in Atlasia. And we hear that a lot, but when does it ever change? We get told about how bad our infrastructure is every election by every politician, every party, but it never seems to get better by the next campaign. And it gets used in the campaigns again and again. Well Democratic Alliance is a different party. We're a new party, made up of individuals who are sick of the talk, and want something to change! We know that we need to invest much more into our infrastructure, but the politicians of old won't do it. What's so scary about it? Well I'm not afraid to say that we do need to spend more on infrastructure, and I'm not afraid to spend more. And I'm not afraid to tell you how we're going to do it. Just like how I told you exactly what we're going to do about energy, we have detailed plans made out. You can find more at our website, democraticalliance.com. The bottom line is, Democratic Alliance knows what we need to do, we know how we're going to do it, and we aren't afraid to do it. Vote DA for a government that will work for its citizens and get infrastructure reform done!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2020, 07:56:58 AM »

What I did yesterday in Central Valley, California

I spoke to local community leaders about the importance that all of them do to this great nation and I spoke to farmworkers and representatives of the National Farm Workers and the ACLO, and they told me that they were going to vote for the Democratic Alliance.

I attended a town hall with DA candidates and I had to stand the entire time because it was very full with social distancing, and it clearly shows that California wants the DA.

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2020, 01:47:44 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 11:57:52 PM by MC Ninja0428 »

Speech in Evansville, IN
Speech Took Place at Kleymeyer Park
Masks Distributed
Streamed Online

Good afternoon Evansville! Right now I'm almost as far south as it gets in Lincoln, and I must say that its pretty different from the Indiana I was in yesterday. It crazy how much difference there can be in what part of the country, and even what part of the state you're in. That's why local government matters so much, because its hard to know what issues are facing every part of the country when they can be so different. For example, I almost thought that I would have to severely cut the number of attendants to this speech because I was struggling to find a good open park to hold it in. When you look on Google Maps, it seems like over half of the "green" spots here are country clubs and golf courses! That might be fine for the elite, but where do the workingmen and their families go for some fresh air? The answer should be the public park, but in many cities, including Evansville, we need more public green spaces for everyone to enjoy! The Indiana DA will absolutely be expanding our public recreational land. But some politician in Manhattan might not understand that, given that they have access to Central Park. That's why local government is so important!

This can apply not only to arguably smaller scale issues like public recreation, but also to larger issues, including our largest national crisis in years, the covid-19 pandemic. Of course you could look at the national statistics, but ultimately they don't matter, because the situation isn't the same throughout Atlasia. In order to properly deal with it, we need responsible leadership on the lower levels of government. The federal government? Well it took them half a year to come up with their national alert strategy. On the regional level here in Lincoln we recently passed a bill of much needed regulations to contain the virus, written by yours truly might I add, but even the regional level is still too broad to make every decision. We may eventually repeal the regional mask mandate, but it still might be necessary in individual towns and states. Schools might be ready to reopen in Boston, but that doesn't mean that they'll be ready to reopen in Evansville. These decisions will have to be made at a local level, which is why we need to take this seriously, especially now that the President has given his approval to schools opening in Indiana despite it being on alert level 2! Democratic Alliance understands the importance of local government. A lot of people in other parties don't believe that they matter, but Democratic Alliance will provide responsible local governments, that are willing to act for their citizens. Whether it be to make decisions to keep you safe from disease, or to open new parks in your community, local DA leaders will always be working for you. So vote DA for strong leadership in your state and your community!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2020, 03:55:03 PM »

While traveling to Indianapolis, Mr. Ninja took part in a nationally televised interview with MSNBC. The interview was conducted through online video conferencing from Ninja's campaign bus.

Hello Mr. Ninja, is great to have you on today! How have you been?

Well I must say that I'm getting a bit tired, but I'm still feeling great! There's barely any time left and I've been running all around the state of Indiana. I just gave a speech in Evansville, and now I'm already on my way to my next stop in Indianapolis! Not to mention that I still need to keep up with council business. I've been very busy, but its always worth it when I see the enthusiasm in my reduced size crowds, or whenever somebody tells me how excited they are for the future with DA. I know that what I'm doing is for the good of Atlasia.

What are your thoughts on the latest round of local election polling from The Acta Publica?

I must say that I'm very pleased with it! Democratic Alliance had the greatest percent gain in every single race! From the latino communities in Miami and Puerto Rico, to South Carolina where the people have made it very clear who they want in charge, to the struggling workers of the rust belt, and even in states that seem like long shots such as South Dakota, its clear where the momentum has been.

And why do you think this is?

Well I believe that the people really want a new direction in Atlasian politics, and they are seeing that the Democratic Alliance is the party for that. It turns out that, neglecting local politics isn't a good way to create enthusiasm. We have really taken up the mantle of local issues. We won't stand for continued neglect at the local level and we have laid out plans to make a difference. People are recognizing that, and they are prepared to vote for change! I must also give credit to our wonderful team who have been working on this campaign. From our national leaders to our local candidates, Democratic Alliance is full of talented and caring individuals who are fully prepared to take on the people's voice.

Moving on to the issues facing us, what role do you believe state and local governments have to play in the Covid-19 pandemic?

I believe that local government has the most important role to play in the pandemic. I'm sure we all want to get the economy going again, to get people employed again, and return to normalcy. But at the same time, we can also agree that it is important to limit the spread of this dangerous disease. The federal and regional governments can mostly certainly help us in this crisis, but not every decision can be made at the upper levels. There is no one size fits all solution, because Atlasia is a vast and diverse nation. I believe that we should be trying to slowly return to some normalcy, but different areas are at different stages of that process. It might be safe to eat out in your state, but not in the next state over. That's why its more important than ever to have responsible leadership at the local level. We need leaders who will look at the data for their region, listen to the medical experts, and decide what is right for their constituency. And that is exactly what Democratic Alliance will do.

One of the most contentious issues right now has been whether or not schools should open for in person education, so I want to know. Should schools open for the 2020-21 school year?

For the majority of Atlasia, its going to have to be a no from me. The truth is that schools are a breeding ground for disease. I'm sure that at some point you all experienced that sickness that lots of people at school got around the same time. And this virus spreads incredibly fast. One infected person enters the building, and suddenly the virus could spread students and staff, and then their families, and then their families coworkers. And while there are precautions that can be taken, there are so many people so close in schools that its still not worth the risk, especially when we have access to online education solutions. In Lincoln, I worked to set a clear guideline that positivity rates need to be under 3% to even think about opening again. Most of Atlasia isn't there yet, but I must say that, a few places are there and they may want to consider reopening. These things will have to be decided on a community basis, which is once again why responsible government at the local level is so important.

Moving on, you have spent a large portion of your campaign talking about infrastructure. Why is this so important to you?

Infrastructure is important because it holds the world together. These days, everything in our society is connected. Nobody lives alone anymore. All around the world we rely on each other, and the connections need to be strong if we're going to rely on them. People need to get places, people need access to utilities like electricity and water, people need communication lines. That's just how the world runs, and it won't run well if our infrastructure isn't strong. The unfortunate truth is that a lot of our infrastructure is not strong. Everything else is moving on, but our infrastructure lags behind, and if it doesn't keep up then eventually it will come to a breaking point. We need to build a platform for today and the future, and that is exactly what Democratic Alliance will do.

So in that case, is Democratic Alliance willing to increase spending on infrastructure?

We are willing to do that, and we aren't afraid to say that. I understand why some can be wary of increasing spending, and worry about the deficit running too high. But there is a difference between wasteful spending and investments, and infrastructure is absolutely an investment. In the long term, upgraded infrastructure will save on increasing maintenance costs, and investing in infrastructure is always good for the economy. So yes, we will spend more on infrastructure, and it will be worth it.

To wrap things up, why should somebody who has previously voted with the Labor or Federalist parties vote for Democratic Alliance in the upcoming elections?

For a long time now, we've had the same parties. For a long time now, it hasn't seemed like there has been any other choice but to pick one of them and hope they do something. But it doesn't have to be like that forever. Democratic Alliance was formed by people who felt trapped in a two party system, and decided that enough was enough. Things need to change, and instead of waiting for it to happen, we're taking it into our own hands. We have a bold vision for how we're going to make Atlasia, on all levels of government, work better for its citizens. We've had great success so far, and I believe in the movement we have created. So to anyone out there who wants to see something change in government, who is sick of the talk and is ready for Unity and Action for the benefit of the people, I encourage you all to vote Democratic Alliance!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »

The following ad will be aired on television and distributed online in all states and cities with elections this month.

Person 1: A middle aged, male blue collar worker, who is currently unemployed.
Person 2: A latina immigrant to Atlasia, mid-30s.
Person 3: An older male farmer in rural Atlasia.
Person 4: A young woman just out of college, barely making ends meet.

Person 1: I want to have a job again.
Person 2: I want an Atlasian education.
Person 3: I want to know that I can reach a hospital in time.
Person 4: I want to get to work and afford to keep my home.

Person 4: But my city has no plans to build affordable public transit.

Person 3: My state has no plans to invest in any nearby towns.

Person 2: There aren't affordable around places for an older immigrant to get educated.

Person 1: There has been no economic investment or innovation in my community. But it doesn't have to be that way.
Person 3: Because there's a new party.
Person 2: A party with a plan.
Person 4: A plan to make Atlasian government work for you, from top to bottom.
Person 1: A plan to make my area attractive for new job growth.
Person 2: A plan to establish more community colleges for struggling adults.
Person 3: A plan to bridge the gap in rural services.
Person 4: A plan to upgrade and expand our transit infrastructure.
Person 3: Democratic Alliance is the party with a plan.
Person 2: Soon there will be local elections in much of Atlasia.
Person 4: I'll be voting for Democratic Alliance.
Person 1: And you should too.

All: Because we all want a brighter future!

This ad is paid for by Atlasians for Unity and Action. A Spanish dub was also produced by Alianza Democrática de Puerto Rico.

All images are taken from Wikimedia Commons (except the DA logo) and are therefore in the public domain.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2020, 09:13:10 PM »

DA Rally in Indianapolis

Image URL
Rally Took Place at Southwestway Park
Several State DA Leaders Attended
Attendance Limited to 1000
Masks Distributed
Streamed Online

Mr. Ninja's Speech:
Hello, hello! I have finally made it to Indiana's wonderful capitol city! Although Southwestway might be a bit far from the city center, it is very large, so we have a great attendance. It might not be what is normally considered a large rally, but this is the most people I've seen since I was in Detroit. I'm honestly really happy to see so many people excited about voting. Sometimes I worry that people are getting disinterested in government, and that people are losing the will to vote. Its encouraging to see all of you here, but I know there are people like that out there. If that's you, I want you to know that many of the people you see at DA rallies now were once just like that. DA is a party comprised of people who are tired of the same old system and want to bring change by electing new leaders who care about you. Elections are our best method of changing things, and I hope you join us by voting this weekend!

The truth is, that local government has been neglected for too long now. Our local governments have been filled with people who do nothing, don't care to do anything, and sit in these positions of power unchallenged. Democratic Alliance is not content with that! We've seen what inaction at the state level can lead to. We've seen the results of broken promises. Every election politicians promise to fix our infrastructure, but it never happens. A couple of years ago a dam broke here in Indianapolis, lowering the level of the White River here by 6 feet and causing power disruptions I'm sure. Isn't it crazy what ignoring our problems can do? Well that's too crazy for my tastes. Democratic Alliance won't let that happen!

We need leaders who will take action for you. We need leaders who will finally fund infrastructure reform. We need leaders who will renew our cities. We need leaders will expand the economy, and give struggling citizens the tools to truly take part in the economy. We need leaders who will do something to break the spiral of poverty. And we need leaders who will safely guide us through this pandemic. And tonight, we have one of those leaders with us! It is my pleasure to introduce the next governor of Indiana, (whatever their name is).
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2020, 11:51:28 AM »

Speech in Madison, WI
Speech Took Place at Olbrich Park
Masks Distributed
Streamed Online

Good morning Madison! I must say that this is the earliest speech I've done yet, but its the last day to campaign and there's much to be done! I've noticed that in this last day, the seemingly vacant Labor Party has jolted into action. Perhaps that's because of their disastrous polling numbers as a result of their neglect? It has saddened me to see them resort to lies and deception to try to salvage their failing campaign. Just earlier today MB gave a speech in Milwaukee that was full of nonsense! They say that we're power hungry, when Labor has clung to power for 7 cycles in a row and has acted with nothing but vitriol to anyone else. They said that we're trying to put workers in harms way with the virus, but I'd like to see MB show me the "Non-essential workers must go back to work in high risk areas act" that DA supposedly passed. But most blatant of all of their lies, they have claimed to be the responsible party during this pandemic. How can they say that when it took Pericles over a month to acknowledge the virus and 6 months to release an alert system for mere suggestions? How can they say that when it was DA that legislated the vital safety regulations in Lincoln and when they gutted a school safety bill in the South to allow for dangerous in-person schooling in states where the virus is still alive and well? How can they say that when they have been running around the country holding speeches and rallies with no requirements for distancing or mask wearing like we have? How can they claim to be proven leadership when they have consistently proven their irresponsibility?

I'm sorry that I've gotten so negative, in contrast with my typical speeches. But when they lie, I must tell the truth. We are grappling with a global crisis caused by one of the fastest spreading known diseases which has killed over 75,000 Atlasians. Now is not the time for their lies! Now is not the time for leaders who will tell us that its all going fine, when it isn't! We need leaders who will put your safety above political points, and that is what Democratic Alliance is dedicated to. We will take quick action in office based on nothing but the facts in order to protect you. We will not put you at risk in the work place, and we will not risk your children in schools. We will only reopen the nation gradually as the virus recedes, and no faster! Atlasians are strong, and we can make it through this crisis. We can see the daylight again. But we must put our strength to work at the voting booth by electing responsible leaders who care about your life. Vote DA for real leadership in a crisis!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »

"CLASSTIME"
Ad to be aired nationwide on August 28th

[Scene opens on a classroom. A class of children wearing masks is seated. Two in the front wear blue and maroon masks.

Quote from: Teacher
Alright everyone! Today we're learning about percentages. Let's start with a warm-up question. Let's say you're making cookies, and 5% of them are burned by the oven. If you make 150 cookies, how many are burned?

Quote from: Maroon Masked Student
One?

No... how about... points at blue masked student do you know?

beginning here, one student begins coughing.

Quote from: Blue Masked Student
Seven.

Very good! Technically, it's-

The student from before begins coughing uncontrollably.

An ambulance siren slowly fades in as the other students turn to look at the coughing one.

Quote from: Voiceover
How sure are you that your child isn't in the 5%? Don't gamble with children's lives. Vote DA.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2020, 08:13:23 PM »

A portion of a Socially Distanced Speech in Hamilton County, Indiana to first time young voters

The fact is, the Democratic Alliance is the party of Freedom, because in Lincoln, the only councilor that opposed the heightening of the drinking age to 20, was Ninja, a Democratic Alliance councilor. If you want the freedom to drink the DA will fight for it and other things! The Democratic Alliance will increase your freedoms!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2020, 10:08:38 PM »

SPEECH
VENETIAN CAUSEWAY PARK, MIAMI FL

Hello again Miami!

I'm here in the Venetian Islands because there's a serious threat we need to address. As we saw just days ago, hurricanes are getting stronger and more destructive. Even though the wind speeds are what most news organizations cover, we can't forget the worst part of a hurricane. Storm surge.

Of course, Miami is no stranger to the destruction brought by hurricanes. So what do we do to stop this trend? We need to continue and intensify our fight against global warming. Sustainable development, public transportation, and ecological preservation are some of the ways we've fought back. And to provide islands like the one I'm on some level of defense, we need seawalls to stop or slow the surges from wreaking havoc on Downtown.

These are the ideas the DA stands behind. I'm asking you to get out tonight and vote DA.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies