Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:40:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread  (Read 7263 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »

CAMPAIGN KICK-OFF
Carolina Wren Park, Anderson, SC

AndersonSCDowntown
Excel23 / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Downtown Anderson. The rally was held at Carolina Wren Park, near the center of town. Masks with the Democratic Alliance logo printed on them were provided to those attending. Social distancing guidelines were enforced and attendance was restricted to only 100 persons.

Good evening Anderson!

Today marks the beginning of not just a campaign, but a new era for South Carolina!

cheers

This state has been mismanaged by the big parties for too long. Our small towns and infrastructure have been left behind. Let me ask you: By a show of hands, how many of you have had to swerve on the roads to avoid potholes at least once in the past day or two?

camera pans to show approximately 2/3 of attendees raising their hands

Now, do you think that our old 2 party system will suddenly care about that issue? I thought not. We need new leadership, folks. We need a party that has a concrete plan for our state. And the Democratic Alliance has shown that we have a plan for you.

We have some of the best and brightest minds in urban planning and transportation in our party. My good friend, and hopefully soon-to-be Chancellor, Ninja, has been one of the greatest advocates for public transportation in Atlasia. They know what they're doing, and they've guided our policy. I tell you right now that a vote for the Democratic Alliance is a vote forward. A vote for these fine men and women who want to represent you in the next State Legislative session is a vote for better public transportation, a focus on local issues that affect you. A vote for them is a vote for a party that actually cares. A vote for them is a vote for breaking this system that has left us in such a bad state!
Thank you! I'm now going to hand this over to your great candidate for State Senator...

After the rally, the campaign announced that Beaufort's rally would be brought down to a speech, with no non-media presence allowed for safety. This was due to the size of Pigeon Point Park being considered too small to hold a rally at safely. Instead, the event at Falls Park in Greenville will be a rally, as the park is large enough for social distancing with a small crowd.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2020, 08:23:36 PM »

Ishan in a stage at a online rally towards candidates in Alaska

Thank you for inviting me here today on this online rally, and I ask you to vote for the hardworking people who decided to run to serve our country by running as a candidate in the local elections, and these local elections impact us a lot, with services being impacted by who you vote for. Fis Nua and the Democratic Alliance will fight to preserve Alaska's natural beauty, and will fight for you as the candidates who have run under Fis Nua and the Democratic Alliance aren't rich people, they are ordinary people who wanted to make a change in their community or area. So I ask you on August 28th, that you vote for Democratic Alliance, who runs candidates who are ordinary people who decided to do extra ordinary change in their communities.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 04:37:27 PM »

This ad will be posted on billboards and online in Lincoln.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »

MEET THE CANDIDATES
Mig's Pizza Castle, Greenwood, SC

Mig's Pizza Castle. Masks were required by the management of the establishment.

Today I went down to the great city of Greenwood, where I and the local candidates for State House and State Senate met up with several constituents at Mig's Pizza Castle. Aside than praising the quality of the pizza, we talked to constituents about the Democratic Alliance's plans for infrastructure, urban planning, and our focus on local issues.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 11:22:50 AM »

Democratic Alliance Social Distanced Speech in Oakland, California

Today, I met candidates of all races and genders who want to make in their communities, and I spoke about how they are everyday people wanting to make a change in their communities, even if they might lose. Afterwards, I flew east to Michigan to campaign there.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2020, 07:50:12 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2020, 07:53:55 PM by Weatherboy »

RALLY
Falls Park, Greenville, SC

Rrparkgvl
J. Eric Morris / Public domain

Liberty Bridge at Falls Park. Masks were required at the rally. Attendance was restricted to approximately 150 people spread out around the speaking platform in the park. See area

Thank you Greenville!

I wanted to speak a little bit today about improving and expanding our public transportation system. Imagine, just for a moment, that you're a person in South Greenville who's down on their luck. You have no job, no car, and no steady place to live. Now, what are you supposed to do if you have no jobs open in walking distance? Our current system says "oh well, pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and leaves you in the lurch.

But the Democratic Alliance strives to give everyone opportunity, and one of the best ways to do that is to make an expansive, low cost or even free public transportation system. We need to give everyone their opportunity to succeed.

Not only do these transport systems provide jobs through the operation of the vehicles, but better access to small businesses allows them to boom. Big cities and smaller towns alike would benefit immensely from this. Poverty falls in areas with public transport. So let's make it happen!

The big parties have failed to deliver. The Democratic Alliance will. And when you elect us later this month, we will fight for you!

Thank you!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2020, 06:12:46 AM »

Mailer sent to Alaska voters with full page ad buys in local newspapers as follows:

Anchorage Daily News – Anchorage
Daily Sitka Sentinel – Sitka
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner – Fairbanks
Juneau Empire – Juneau
Ketchikan Daily News – Ketchikan
Kodiak Daily Mirror – Kodiak
Peninsula Clarion – Kenai

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2020, 09:06:35 PM »

RALLY
Barnet Park, Spartanburg, SC

Barnett Park
Seth Rubenstein from Spartanburg, SC, United States / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)

Barnet Park, where the rally was held. WB stood at the amphitheater stage (see Area)
Masks and social distancing were required. The crowd was limited to approximately 150 in the seating at the amphitheater, and approximately 500 in the surrounding lawn area.

Good afternoon Spartanburg!

cheers

I always loved this place, this nice open area where we can gather, and nowadays we can still do it safely. We've got a lot of folks here today thanks to this great park.

And that's what I want to talk to you about today. We need more green spaces in our cities and towns. Places for our kids to play. Places for adults to relax or exercise. Places where we can be together while also being apart during this time of crisis.

We need to give our small towns and cities incentive to create more areas like this. We need to make sure that when things come back to normal, no one living in a town has to drive two towns over just so their kid can play on a playground with other kids. I, and all other Democratic Alliance candidates, are committed to these seemingly small scale issues that have such a large impact on people's lives. We are committed to improving EVERYONE'S quality of life in this state, and more local public parks are a part of that equation. If you have this vision, if you want to see this vision come to life, then the two big parties won't do, the Democratic Alliance is the one for you!

Thank you!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2020, 07:36:06 PM »

SPEECH
Glencairn Garden, Rock Hill, SC

Main Street (Rock Hill, SC)
Hashtag youre it / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Downtown Rock Hill. Glencairn Garden (see area) was deemed too small for a proper rally, and as such attendance was limited to media only.

Good afternoon, Rock Hill. I'm a bit sad that I couldn't see you all in person, but your health matters more than seeing me speak firsthand.

I wanted to speak today about the importance of public housing. We still have thousands sleeping on the streets in this state. Hundreds right here in Rock Hill. And yet the big parties continue to do nothing about it. The Democratic Alliance wants to change that.

I know the people who are running under the DA banner, and they overwhelmingly support my idea that I brought up back in the Chamber of Delegates debate. Tiny houses, meant to provide some stability, a platform for those who have been in hard times for months, years even, to push themselves up from.

Poverty is a vicious cycle, and it's our job as a caring nation to stop it. People without stable housing are more likely to not know how to properly apply for a job, or have an interview, or set up a resume. Those things mean that they're less likely to get a job, which means they can't get stable housing. The cycle repeats.

The goal of this project that the Democratic Alliance wants to create is to not only give those without housing a place to stay, but also to give them classes to find out how to properly apply for a job, create a resume, et cetra. With this, we can give thousands of people in this state the ability to be fully functioning, productive members of society.

The big parties have no plan for those who can't help themselves. The Democratic Alliance does. If you want to see that plan put into action, vote DA.

Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2020, 12:03:46 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaign Rally
Fort Wayne, Indiana
August 8th, 2020

Hello Fort Wayne!

Let me tell you, it is so great to be back in Indiana, the state where I grew up. Hoosier hospitality has been at it's finest today, and I appreciate the warm welcome ya'll have given me today.

I'm here to speak on behalf of our Democratic Alliance candidates and affiliates. Hoosiers are common sense folks who believe the best type of government is one of efficiency and cooperation. For years we've seen the stagnation and partisanship of the two-party system and how it is failing Main Streets across the game. That is why Democratic Alliance was formed - to provide a third, moderate alternative for voters.

Here in Lincoln, you've seen the disadvantages of toxic partisanship firsthand. Your Labor government proved to be quite incompetent just last week after a Laborite tried to make an unconstitutional claim and become Chancellor AND Speaker. Then as the Governor attempts a display of bipartisanship, the members of the legislature rejected his attempt and stuck to their bitter partisanship!! This is not a government that is working for you, it is a government that is working itself and for personal power.

Democratic Alliance offers a new direction for Indiana and Atlasia as a whole - a government that believes in working with all sides to make positive reforms. Taking a common-sense approach to each issue, rather than reaching for the extremes. We'll take a smart approach to COVID-19, ensuring we reopen our economy in a cautious manner that prevents a second outbreak of the virus. We are committed to investing in rural Atlasia that has been forgotten for too long, promoting development programs and subsidies to provide economic relief. We will invest in our infrastructure to repair our crumbling roads and bridges, creating jobs. We believe in a smart approach between federal, state and local governments - unlike what Liberal is proposing, we're not going to put in place unnecessary restrictions like limiting your number of dogs to 3 - if these decisions are ever made, it should be done at the local level only!!

My friends, later this month you have an important choice to make. Vote Democratic Alliance and support unity and action. And now, it is my pleasure to introduce you to the next DA Governor of Indiana..........
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 01:12:30 PM »

Former President Tmthforu94 Campaign Schedule
August 3rd - 9th, 2020

August 3rd:
- Radio interview with Pete Mundo Talk Show, Kansas City, MO
"The Democratic Alliance is contesting all races across Atlasia, we aren't concentrating on just a specific state. We believe our message of bipartisan, efficient government will resonate everywhere."
- Participate in virtual climate change forum hosted by the University of California - Los Angeles
"Global warming is very real, we can't deny it. We have to take further steps now to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and invest in clean energy. This is one of the greatest issues of our times - we have to leave a clean, healthy environment for our children and our children's children."

August 4th:
- Appearance on KOCO News 5 in Oklahoma City, OK
"I'm excited to venture south to discuss the vision and goals of Democratic Alliance. We have a message of common-sense, efficient government that I think really will resonate with the pragmatic people of Oklahoma. Plus I'm quite excited to get my Braum's fixings for a few days!"
- Private strategy session with Democratic Alliance candidates in Oklahoma City, OK
- Fundraising event in Moore, OK
"Tonight we ask for your financial support in our efforts to bring back smart, common-sense government to Oklahoma. We face big resources from the two-party system, and falling behind in resources, even briefly, can have lasting consequences that can be difficult to overcome. Every dollar you give won't go to pay consultants six figure salaries, rather, it'll go right back out the door to help us with voter outreach, digital ads, radio and TV advertising and more."

August 5th:
- Charity golf event with Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce members
- Public Townhall forum with Democratic Alliance legislative candidates
"First, I want to thank everyone who came out today, and I want to thank our volunteers for ensuring proper social distancing standards are enforced. In the regional chamber, we're working hard to ensure our schools open in a smart manner that prevents the spread of another outbreak. Our DA candidates all have a similar mindset - supporting pragmatic solutions to the problems facing our country. With unity and action, we can create a better government that works for all.
- Private dinner with Miami DA mayoral candidate

August 6th:
- Virtual joint appearance with Miami mayoral candidate on WSVN Good Morning Show
- Virtual roundtable with the South Florida Chamber of Commerce
"Thank you for having me today. I'm in town to support our DA candidate for mayor of Miami, as well as to get your feedback on the current work the regional chamber is doing and what we can be doing to better support small businesses and the Hispanic community. I welcome your questions and feedback."
- Private fundraiser to support the Miami DA mayoral candidate

August 7th:
- Personal visit with friends/family in Indiana hometown
- Call with Indiana DA legislative candidates to discuss campaign strategy.
- Virtual roundtable with Indiana Farm Bureau
"This is something I'll be mentioning in our rally tomorrow, but for too long our government hasn't fully addressed the needs of rural Atlasia. This is something we felt important to put in the DA official platform - we need to provide more investments and resources in Main Street Atlasia to strengthen our rural communities."

August 8th:
- Morning Show appearance on WISH TV Indianapolis
- Fundraising call with national DA leadership and donors
- Campaign rally in Fort Wayne, IN

August 9th:
- Appearance on FOX6 WakeUp News in Milwaukee, WI
"It's great to be here in Wisconsin, we're seeing momentum on the ground and positive movement in the polls. Our message of a cooperative, efficient government is resonating. Voters saw what happened last week in the Lincoln government when partisan politics took center stage. We're better than that as a country."
- Attend mass at St Stanislaus Catholic Church
- Attend cookout fundraiser with DA legislative candidates in Janesville, WI
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2020, 02:41:17 PM »

Digital Ad

The advertisement is being targeted exclusively in rural zip codes of each of the following states:
California
Alaska
South Dakota
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Wisconsin
Michigan
Indiana

Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2020, 06:35:00 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2020, 04:35:02 AM by Tamika Jackson »

Mailer sent to Michigan voters with full page ad buys in local newspapers as noted below:

Michigan Newspapers
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2020, 06:45:05 AM »

I approve of that ad. I hope we can work on improved and more accessible mental health treatment across Atlasia. Good work DA
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »

Socially Distanced Rally in Detroit

Image Link
Rally took place at Belle Isle Park
Masks Distributed
Social Distancing Enforced
Attendance Limited
Streamed Online

Mr. Ninja's Speech:
Hello everyone! I am very happy to be here in Detroit tonight with you all! I must say that this is the first time in a while I've been in a public space with this many people around. Of course, normally I would hope for better turnout than this! But of course, it is important not to spread disease right now, and the public health is my top priority here.

I'm glad to be seeing so many of the common public tonight. Honestly, its something that most politicians don't see enough of. I mean, it seems like we've had the same partisan makeup in all of our legislatures for so long now, and we've kept hearing the same things so often, but look how many gaps we still have in our country. Infrastructural problem continue to accumulate. Our education system hasn't modernized. People are still struggling, left behind on the streets. And now over 75,000 people have died. Labor will tell you that this is stable leadership. Why should we want stability in stagnation? How long do we let the cycle continue? I say enough is enough!

The Democratic Alliance has a clear plan: to revitalize our nation and bring back the opportunities for all people as intended by our founders. We will invest in infrastructure, and innovate our infrastructure. We will have a focus on efficient, modern public transportation which is healthy for the environment. Earlier today I met with DA leaders in Michigan, and we have already pledged to build new light rail lines here in Detroit and start a passenger rail service for the state of Michigan! We will provide jobs and affordable transportation to thousands, and we will work with the regional and federal governments to create a funding system. From local town buses to a national high speed rail network, we are going to build!

Everyone knows that education is a gateway to economic opportunities, but is our current education succeeding in that? Our curriculums are not changing at the rate that the rest of the world is. Not only are modern issues being glossed over, but we are operating on an outdated system which is incredibly demanding and leading to worse mental health than ever for our youth. And despite the great burden they feel, we aren't getting results compared to the rest of the world. Do you want that for your children? I thought not. The DA will explore new styles of education which are more reasonable, more successful, and incorporate modern elements. We are also forcing everyone down a narrow path, that isn't necessarily the best for all of our students. Children are being taught that anything outside of the academic university track is worth less, when that is not true! Everyone has their own unique valuable skills that they need to be able to discover and hone in. That is why we will open new trade and artistic schools here in the state of Michigan and around Atlasia, to give students the ability to choose the path that is right for them. Finally, we will offer more educational opportunities in universities and trade schools to older citizens: in particular, those who have been left behind. As I said, education is a path to economic opportunities, and a lot of people could use that help right now. Education is our future. Let's make it a bright one!

Since we're on the topic of the future, I would like to take some time to talk about the future of our leadership. Now I've been around for quite a while now, and I'm sure you've all heard of me. *General agreement from the audience* I'm starting to get up there in age now, though I would prefer to call myself experienced! And experience is a good thing, we learn from experience, and lead more effectively. But us older folk can't hog all the experience. We won't all be around forever! We can't hog the dialogue either. I am a firm believer that some of the best ideas we have are in the minds of young people, and we have to give them a chance to contribute to the discussion. At the DA we're dedicated to developing the leaders of our future, and I would like to introduce one of them today, one who will be running for the House of Representatives in the midterms upcoming. Please give a warm welcome to Beeman!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2020, 06:30:05 AM »

Campaign Kickoff

Greetings everyone and a big thank you to Chancellor Ninja!

It is great to be here in Detroit. I do wish it was under better times, yet if there is one thing I know about Detroit and Michigan, it's how resilient you can be no matter what you face.

The COVID pandemic is the greatest test of our community that we have seen since World War II. We must take care of each other. Yet at the same time, the government needs to take care of us. We cannot just continue racing back to normal when there are still actively spreading cases. This fall, the question of what to do with our children is on the top of our minds.

As Chancellor Ninja said though, education is the path to opportunity. Our teachers and school superintendents have done a fantastic job this past spring to convert their classrooms to virtual learning environments. They have pushed the envelope when it comes to engaging with their students.

Yet again, as my colleague noted, there is so much red tape that surrounds education, from curriculum to lack of funding to inherent barriers to innovation. It shouldn't take a pandemic for our teachers to finally be allowed to show their creativity and ingenuity in the vast, varied ways they can educate our children.

Teachers leave a lasting impact for the next generation and as your Atlasia Representative, I want to be sure that Lincoln schools don't get left behind at the Federal level.

We only have one life and one future. Let's make the most of it! I am willing to fight for each and every one of you, not just in Michigan, yet across the region. As your Representative, we can lift up not just our education, yet better our lives. Let's lift Lincoln up to new levels and new heights together!

Vote beeman - Tamika Jackson this August!

Thank you!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »

RALLY
Finlay Park, Columbia, SC

Columbia SC Finlay Park
Klinhphotog KLinh Evelyn Grace Photography / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)

Finlay Park. Attendance was limited to 200 people, masks and social distancing were required. See area

Hello, Columbia!

You know, I never really come to Columbia that often. And when I do, I'm usually on my way to Congaree, just a dozen or so miles southeast of here.

That's what I wanted to talk about today. The importance of keeping pristine habitats the way they are, not only for our own recreation and enjoyment, but also to ensure that wildlife lives in peace.

We need to ensure that new development does not hurt our ecosystem. We need to make sure that those in charge of greenlighting development are unable to be bought out, so they can turn a blind eye to what polluters are doing. The Democratic Alliance pledges to ensure these goals are reached, to ensure that future generations can enjoy the wonders of nature, and not ask us "where did all the birds go?", or "where did all the fish go?".
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2020, 04:02:11 AM »

Alaska Radio Ad in Markets Listed Below

Quote from: Blue Collar Male Narrator
Alaska is one of the most beautiful, greenest states in Atlasia. Just look around us.

Don't let the Green Party tell you it isn't. They decided to team up with Labour. Did you know Labour's platform includes a provision that calls for the nationalization of our energy companies? The very same companies that are the lifeblood for all Alaskans and the PFD*. Don't let the Greens and Labour take money out of your pocket. Vote Democratic Alliance!

Proudly paid for by the Alaska Democratic Alliance.

* = Permanent Fund Dividend. Alaskans know it as the PFD, an annual check from an investment fund where a portion of Alaska oil revenues go.

Alaska Radio Markets
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2020, 08:31:52 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 10:28:09 PM by Weatherboy »

SPEECH
Garrison's Place, Hartsville, SC

Hartsville SC
Evanoco / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Downtown Hartsville. Garrison's Place is too small for a proper rally (see Area), so attendance was limited to media personnel.

Good evening Hartsville. I will say that your motto, "a small town with a big heart" rings true. I've been treated so well here. I regret that I could not speak to you in person, but once again public health is the bigger issue.

Let me tell you a story. It goes back to a day in 2008. On that day, a great child was born. His name was Garrison. He was born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a disease that causes the muscles to weaken so much that he couldn't even eat on his own. The doctors said he would be lucky to live to his first birthday.

But Garrison was strong. He, like so many other SMA kids I've known through my mother's volunteer work in the community, was positive all the time despite his condition. He celebrated many birthdays, even when the doctors said he wouldn't be able to live to celebrate one.

Garrison had a dream. A dream that every kid in his position could still enjoy what normal kids could. And that dream led to the playground you see behind me. Named after the little boy who had dreamed of it, Garrison's Place has swingsets and ziplines built to hold wheelchairs.

Garrison passed away last year. And when I attended his funeral, I tried my best to comfort his grieving parents. Garrison was just 11 years old.

Pause and deep breath

Sorry, this is just... really emotional for me... sorry.

The procession also led here, and I saw what Garrison's wish had accomplished. Disabled children all around this area now have a place to have fun and to meet other kids. As we released balloons into the sky, floating over the firetrucks that he loved to watch so much, I knew that all over this state, this country, there are disabled children who don't have what Hartsville has thanks to Garrison.

And now I stand here pledging to make Garrison's dream come true for disabled children all over this state. The Democratic Alliance stands firm, and we will push to fund accessible playgrounds and recreation spaces, because every child, no matter what their physical condition is, needs a place to play.

Thank you.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2020, 10:47:00 PM »

SPEECH
Timrod Park, Florence, SC

Aerial view of Western Florence, South Carolina
Florence Conventions and Visitors Bureau / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Aerial View of Florence Civic Center, a few miles west of Timrod Park. Timrod Park was considered too small for a proper rally and thus attendance was limited to media only.

Good evening Florence.

Let me ask you, when we look at the state of Atlasia, do we something that continues to foster good activity? Do we see a nation that allows new faces to have a chance? I'd answer no. Why is that? Because the big parties are afraid of change.

They are afraid that their grip on this country will loosen, and in response they try to make sure as many races are safe as possible. Their leaders come out and say that tyhe don't care about fair democracy. Meanwhile, they deliver nothing to you.

We are the change. We will beat them, not just here in SC, but around the country. I will fight every day of this campaign to make sure of that.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2020, 08:29:33 PM »

SPEECH
Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Myrtle Beach, SC

Myrtle Beach South Carolina 100420-F-4155R-026
U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Louis L. Rivers / Public domain

Myrtle Beach Boardwalk near Plyler Park. The area was considered too small to have a proper rally safely, and as such attendance was limited to medial personnel only.

Hello Myrtle Beach! It's a pleasure to be in this wonderful town, despite all the traffic.
Look at that beautiful blue ocean behind me. It's amazing to be able to live so near to such beauty.

That's why the Democratic Alliance in South Carolina is gonna fight against any offshore drilling in our state. Our beaches and waterfronts are pristine. We will not let fat cat oil tycoons take advantage of those beautiful areas and turn them into endless oil rigs. We will not let them create another Deepwater Horizon off our coast. We will not let them exploit workers and the environment we hold so dear.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »

SPEECH
Mount Pleasant Waterfront Park, Mount Pleasant, SC

Mount Pleasant (South Carolina)
Anne Hornyak from Griffith, IN, USA / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)

Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, which goes over the park. The park (see area) was deemed too small for a proper rally, and as such attendance was limited to media personnel only.

Good afternoon Mount Pleasant!

Right behind me is the great Cooper River. If you went all the way up it, provided you went on the west fork near Columbia, and if the dams weren't in the way, you'd get all the way up to my home area in Anderson County. Back in my hometown, we call the Saluda the "Polluta". That's because the runoff and trash is so badly built up in it that no one would want to swim in it for fear of their own health. There's a reason why there's still limits as to how much fish you can eat from that river, and several lakes throughout the state.

That's why the Democratic Alliance is in steadfast support of maintaining and expanding punishments for pollution. We need to keep our rivers clean, and we can't afford to let them get clogged up with unsafe chemicals, plastic, and other junk that someone couldn't be bothered disposing properly.

Let's make sure that environmental polluters finally get punished for their actions.

After the speech, WB headed down to Sullivan's restaurant, on Sullivan's Island for a "Meet the Candidates" event. He and the local State Rep. and State Sen. candidates met with constituents over seafood and drinks.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2020, 04:33:52 AM »

CAMPAIGN VISIT
U.S. Steel Gary Works-Midwest Plant in Portage, IN

Tamika Jackson toured the plant, wearing a face-mask and spoke to workers who were spaced out on the plant floor.

Quote from: Tamika Jackson
What you are doing here to keep Atlasian manufacturing going during an unprecedented pandemic is amazing. You embody the Atlasian spirit of resilience.

U.S. Steel has been one of the backbone corporations for Atlasian steel production and this plant in Indiana is important to the region, not only for jobs, yet also the very steel you produce that goes to our ships, buildings, and even railways.

I am sure you recognize the importance of the upcoming election. I also understand that many of you may support the principles of Labor, which is perfectly alright-- heck, if I was a steel mill worker, a party that supports Labor sounds pretty darn good to me.

Yet I want to let you know about another option, one that is not as extreme as Labor and promotes Atlasian values like capitalism while also protecting workers' rights and benefits. That option is the Democratic Alliance.

You see, if you look up what Labor actually stands for, you'll see they support the collective ownership, essentially the nationalization of Atlasia's railways, at #18 in their platform. Now, I don't think I have to tell you how disastrous Amtrak is to travel outside the Northeast corridor. Just imagine how the railways would operate if the Atlasian government owned them! There would be a trickle down effect that would cause second and third-order effects such as an impact to steel demand.

This election, vote for a party that will really protect your jobs and benefits by voting Democratic Alliance. Thank you all for what you are doing during this pandemic and thank you for producing Atlasia's steel. Dave bless you!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2020, 04:47:55 AM »

Direct Mailer & Newspaper Ad

Mailer sent to Puerto Rico voters & full page ad buys in local newspapers as noted below:

Puerto Rico & Miami Newspapers
Diario Las Américas - Miami
El Especialito - Miami
El Nuevo Herald - Miami
Caribbean Business - San Juan
Claridad - San Juan
De Todo - Carolina
Es Noticia - Ponce
La Esquina - Maunabo
El Laurel Sureño - Ponce
NotiCel - San Juan
Noticias Sur P.R. - Ponce