The Trump campaign warns that a Biden presidency could be as dangerous and violent as Trump’s
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:23:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The Trump campaign warns that a Biden presidency could be as dangerous and violent as Trump’s
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Trump campaign warns that a Biden presidency could be as dangerous and violent as Trump’s  (Read 665 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »

The ad from President Trump’s reelection campaign echoes one produced five years ago by the fervently pro-Trump cable network One America News. We see a phone, sitting on a desk at a police precinct. A caller seeking help instead gets a voice mail: the department, defunded, can’t assist the community. Over and over, an emotionless set of options for reporting violent crime is juxtaposed with footage of violence, looting, turmoil.

At the end of the ad comes a warning for the viewer. This is the America that former vice president Joe Biden wants, it claims, superimposing the face of the probable Democratic presidential nominee over video footage of burning dumpsters.

“You won’t be safe in Joe Biden’s America,” it warns.

Ominous. Certainly not what Americans want to see. Except … all of those stark images from the ad were captured around the country in late May. Meaning that while they’re used to argue that America won’t be safe under Biden, they actually depict instability under Trump.

[...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/10/trump-campaign-warns-that-biden-presidency-could-be-dangerous-violent-trumps/
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 02:14:52 PM »

Ive seen this ad on YouTube a lot... I wonder if it’ll be effective...
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »

OK, I thought this was going to be an Onion / Hard Times / Beaverton headline.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 02:39:19 PM »

Yeah, the ad is hilariously ironic because it shows how bad things are RIGHT NOW under Trump, then suggests Biden is somehow the problem. Reminds me of that Simpsons parody political ad: "Mayor Quimby even pardoned Sideshow Bob, a man twice convicted of attempted murder. Vote Sideshow Bob for Mayor!"
Andrew
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 04:55:03 PM »

That ad is on TV a lot here.  I get Columbus stations.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 05:51:30 PM »

Yeah, the ad is hilariously ironic because it shows how bad things are RIGHT NOW under Trump, then suggests Biden is somehow the problem. Reminds me of that Simpsons parody political ad: "Mayor Quimby even pardoned Sideshow Bob, a man twice convicted of attempted murder. Vote Sideshow Bob for Mayor!"
On top of that the best they can do is say"Biden supporters want to defund police" not Biden himself. The only people this will work for are those Trump already has.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 06:07:21 PM »

This ad should be exclusively aired through a projector. Get it? I don't know, I've run out of psychological projection jokes over these past few years. Trump has exhausted me in yet another way.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 06:12:17 PM »

Trump's campaign cannot make a logical case for a second term.

"Hundreds of thousands have died and millions have lost their jobs because of this pandemic which is happening on my watch, but Joe Biden would handle it worse."

"There is widespread anger against racist police brutality and some unrest associated with it. Joe Biden would make this unrest worse than it currently is under my watch."

"Joe Biden is an establishment politician who would corruptly enrich his crony friends and fail to stand up to China. Meanwhile I enrich and pardon my crony friends while failing to stand up to China."

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »

Trump's campaign cannot make a logical case for a second term.

"Hundreds of thousands have died and millions have lost their jobs because of this pandemic which is happening on my watch, but Joe Biden would handle it worse."

"There is widespread anger against racist police brutality and some unrest associated with it. Joe Biden would make this unrest worse than it currently is under my watch."

"Joe Biden is an establishment politician who would corruptly enrich his crony friends and fail to stand up to China. Meanwhile I enrich and pardon my crony friends while failing to stand up to China."

Now now, let's be fair. They have at least some self-awareness because they are no longer wrapping all of that with a bow that reads: "Keep America Great" anymore. No, now we have the admission that Trump didn't end up making America "great again" with "Transition to Greatness."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 07:08:06 PM »

I'll take my chances.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 07:56:00 AM »

AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 09:04:31 AM »

I saw this ad, and I live in the New York media market. Not sure why. Although it's funny that the best they can attack Biden on is something he explicitly doesn't support.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 12:36:31 PM »

This ad should be exclusively aired through a projector. Get it? I don't know, I've run out of psychological projection jokes over these past few years. Trump has exhausted me in yet another way.

One of those old projectors that I remember from elementary school in the late 1960's - early 1970's that had crummy sound and picture bouncing all around and went claketty-claketty-clack.  Because that's the vintage of the views portrayed in the ad.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies